Possibly the 1st...

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Possibly the 1st...

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:01 am

Griz fan to step up on this board and admit;

JMU was the better team.

They knew what to do and how to execute the plays. When it came doen to making a stop our D either couldn't do it, or had some dumb penatly that gave JMU a 1st.

Congrats to JMU they deserve the NC, they've earned it. Next year will be the year of the Big Sky, I can see it already!

On a side note Chattanooga should be embarassed by that piss-poor excuse for a field. I hope ther never host a game once their term is up if they're going to take this poor care of the field. They've had 4 weeks to prepare for this game, looks like they "screwed the pooch" on that one! I think the defensive MVP of the game was the field, 6 or 7 tackles, way to go! :roll:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:04 am

You can definately attritube the preparation to the fact that JMU had all week to do nothing but prepare, while UM had to take their finals, and what not.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:23 am

That would be tough. I could not imagine having to take finals/practice/watch film/and fly to chattanooga all in 6 days.

mavman
New Recruit

Post by mavman » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:00 pm

Yes JMU was the better team last night no excuse could be made for this game. Talk about some big boys on their line wow :shock: I will also say that the a-10 was tough from top to bottom this year. The bigsky had 4 very good teams they had at least 6.

aka nevada griz

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Cinderella

Post by catatac » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:08 pm

That has to be one of the biggest come-from-nowhere Cinderella stories We've seen in awhile? Not sure where JMU was ranked to begin the season, but I know they weren't anywhere near the top 25...

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:06 pm

Doubt they were even considered in the top 25, and then going to win all 3 playoff games on the road and to go into the NC as the underdog and win by 10. Almost sounds like a movie script.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:26 am

Re/Max Griz: I know you agree. I had a great year, Thanks to all the Griz players, coaches and fans for all the fun I've had this year. Thanks to all the cat fans for standing up and smacking back. JMU show'd me that they, and the A-10, play some good football.

E. get of my Arsse. :shock:

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:49 am

jagur1 wrote:E. get of my Arsse. :shock:
Speekee zee english?

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Possibly the 1st...

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:21 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:Griz fan to step up on this board and admit;

JMU was the better team.

They knew what to do and how to execute the plays. When it came doen to making a stop our D either couldn't do it, or had some dumb penatly that gave JMU a 1st.

Congrats to JMU they deserve the NC, they've earned it. Next year will be the year of the Big Sky, I can see it already!

On a side note Chattanooga should be embarassed by that piss-poor excuse for a field. I hope ther never host a game once their term is up if they're going to take this poor care of the field. They've had 4 weeks to prepare for this game, looks like they "screwed the pooch" on that one! I think the defensive MVP of the game was the field, 6 or 7 tackles, way to go! :roll:
Yep, there was no denying it that JMU was a pretty good team. Big OL in the trenches and thats where games are usually won is up front. Pretty good cinderella story for JMU though. Kind of reminds me of that 84 championship run! ;)

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:29 am

JMU was a pretty good story. Eight of the the A-10 teams were ranked at one time or another this year and I thought Eastern Washington was going to win in the playoffs; can't wait for next year's conference games. Should be a great year to be a Cat.

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:43 pm

And a great year to be a Griz

And also an Eagle as well.

I think next year will be a good year to be in the Big Sky.