Watching the National Championship Game?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

I am...

...not watching the game tonight.
24%
...watching the game hoping for a Griz win.
50%
...watching the game hoping for a James Madison win.
26%

Total votes: 38

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:31 am

elkmcc wrote:49% of Bobcat fans say they are either not going to watch the game or will be rooting for JMU. How pathetic is that? This really shows how narrow minded, myopic, and self centered the Bobcat world really has become. No loyalty to the State of Montana, no loyalty to the BSC. I would be embarassed by this thread if I were a Bobcat fan. These 49% would probably feel just as threatened by a Carroll victory. For the other 51% that will be tuning in and rooting for the Griz, kudos to you. You can all relish in the pride that the State of Montana will feel tonight.
Check out the EGRIZ site if you want to see some pathetic/narrow minded posts by some of the worst bandwagon Griz fans (I know who the good ones are over there and there are a lot, but I was just waiting to see the board on Monday morning and I was even shocked this time.) I have ever seen.. Even the die hards are ready to throw them out over there. Its nice to see the die hards that make up that board tell those guys to shut up. Blaming Mullan for the loss is completely unacceptable to me and just gets me fired up. Yeah it was a stupid play, but 1 play does not lose a game. Leave him alone people.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:10 pm

I agree & I disagree.

Yes, 1 play does not USUALLY win or lose a championship. Mullan's play definitely SEALED the win, but I think JMU would have won anyway. The Griz inability to stop the run is the BIGGEST reason they lost.

Regarding Mullan, however, I disagree. He deserves EVERYTHING he gets for that cheap shot. If you are going to be stupid enough to do that, then you have to be ready to "face the music" afterward. Is he a nice kid? Based on the egrizzers who claim to know him, I'd say yes. Does that excuse what he did? Absolutely not. If Hauck had any balls, he'd bench this kid for at least 1 game next year. I'm glad ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, etc. continue to show that play; maybe it will ensure that Mr. Mullan learns to keep his cool better when he straps on his helmet.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:15 pm

Yea, I thought it was interesting how little heat he took from the coaches on the sidelines and how he was back in the game for the next kickoff. I found myself wondering how Kramer would have reacted??? I remember from the line him laying into Qualls after he picked off Ochs and returned right before the half but was flagged for diving into the endzone. I think Kramer's reaction to this might have been a little stiffer than Baby's.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:19 pm

I've actually decided to cut bh some slack on this one; there is a chance that he didn't actually see Mullan's cheap shot, which would explain the "lack" of punishment.

Now that he's seen it on replay, however, I would expect bh to do SOMETHING about it. Was there any mention of that play or repercussion on bh's show last night?

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:24 pm

suckitgriz wrote:Sweet!!!! Great weekend- CATS Win 2 in Basketball, Carroll wins a NC, and the jizz lose. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! FTG!
Wow. Poor little Cat fans, reveling in a Griz loss.

I'm really happy we made won a playoff game -- something that hasn't happened for the Cats since 84.

I''ll just think of fond memories Lulay on the ground and the down right ASS kicking the Griz laid on the Cats this year/

We shouldve just gone for the endzone to make it 45-22

smacking a team that did so much better than yours. losers.

FTC

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:33 pm

Nick wrote:
suckitgriz wrote:Sweet!!!! Great weekend- CATS Win 2 in Basketball, Carroll wins a NC, and the jizz lose. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! FTG!
Wow. Poor little Cat fans, reveling in a Griz loss.

I'm really happy we made won a playoff game -- something that hasn't happened for the Cats since 84.

I''ll just think of fond memories Lulay on the ground and the down right ASS kicking the Griz laid on the Cats this year/

We shouldve just gone for the endzone to make it 45-22

smacking a team that did so much better than yours. losers.
Anyone have a tissue for Nick? :cry: :cry: :cry: Just kidding Nick. :wink: Don't get too bent out of shape about a little Cat Smack. Reverse the situation and tell me what Egriz would look like right about now??? Anyway - great season for the Griz and here's to the Cat's laying an a$$ kicking on the Griz next year in our house!!! 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Nick wrote:...We shouldve just gone for the endzone to make it 45-22...
uh, excuse me, Einstein, but in case you missed it, your coach DID try to go for the end zone with a couple of his "cute little" gadget plays...

How's it feel to know that BH's idiotic use of trick plays was a BIG reason why you failed to win the title last Friday night (4th & 4 at the 30 in the first quarter; your offense has piled up 140+ in their first 2 drives and hasn't been stopped for less than 5 yards yet; lets see... do I want Lex Hilliard running, Craig Ochs passing, or my KICKER starting out 10 yards deep going for it...? BH's answer: Let's have the kicker do it! They'll NEVER expect a fake on this crappy field from 47 yards out and especially given the fact that I run at least 2 fakes EVERY game... BRILLIANT COACHING...)

Go cry some more, nick. YOU & a few select others should take pride in knowing that you're the reason most of us despise the Griz...
Last edited by El_Gato on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:43 pm

For Christmas, Santa needs to bring Nick and bronco a box of tissues and some cheese. WAAAAAAAA.

You want dedicated fans, try sticking with a team that hasn't made the playoffs since you stopped breast-feeding. What a tool. He makes an amazing contrast between sounding like the well-educated high schooler that he is, yet still proving to be so amazingly ignorant when it comes to all things Bobcat-griz.

BTW, last time I checked, Lulay is still 2 for 3 against the friz, and managed to orchestrate the ass-kickings we dealt them the two previous years.

GO CATS GO!!!

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:10 pm

BozoneCat wrote:For Christmas, Santa needs to bring Nick and bronco a box of tissues and some cheese. WAAAAAAAA.

You want dedicated fans, try sticking with a team that hasn't made the playoffs since you stopped breast-feeding. What a tool. He makes an amazing contrast between sounding like the well-educated high schooler that he is, yet still proving to be so amazingly ignorant when it comes to all things Bobcat-griz.

BTW, last time I checked, Lulay is still 2 for 3 against the friz, and managed to orchestrate the ass-kickings we dealt them the two previous years.
My post was a reaction to ignorance on the result of Cat fans -- making fun of the Griz attendance numbers and season when they couldn't even come close to touching it in Bozo....And you're calling ME ignorant??

10-7 and 27-20 are both one score wins. Not ass kickings.

And on a positive note for your program, it was not because of Lulay you beat us those two years. It was a team effort -- especially because of your formerly strong defense.

Lulay is 2 of 3. Wow. Craig Ochs is one of only two QBs in the last decade not to go completely undefeated against MSU. And none of them have losing records against the Cats!

It's tiring to see so many posts that are anti-Griz more than pro-Bobcat. That's the problem with your fanbase. You're desperate.

FTC

lifeloyalsigmsu
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:42 am

Nick wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:For Christmas, Santa needs to bring Nick and bronco a box of tissues and some cheese. WAAAAAAAA.

My post was a reaction to ignorance on the result of Cat fans -- making fun of the Griz attendance numbers and season when they couldn't even come close to touching it in Bozo....And you're calling ME ignorant??

10-7 and 27-20 are both one score wins. Not ass kickings.

And on a positive note for your program, it was not because of Lulay you beat us those two years. It was a team effort -- especially because of your formerly strong defense.

Lulay is 2 of 3. Wow. Craig Ochs is one of only two QBs in the last decade not to go completely undefeated against MSU. And none of them have losing records against the Cats!

It's tiring to see so many posts that are anti-Griz more than pro-Bobcat. That's the problem with your fanbase. You're desperate

If you had any insight into the nature of many of your posts, you'd see the hypocrisy of your statement above. Nick, perhaps you need to look in the mirror to understand that you could be one of the problems of the fanbase that many of us Cat fans take issue with as well.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed