Our low-class jerk coach

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Our low-class jerk coach

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:49 pm

I know many cat fans don't like Bobby Hauck, and I'm not asking you guys to change your mind about him with this one post but I think you'd appreciate this as well.

In our game vs Sam Houston St. a BearKat corner was seriously injured, he jumped infront of Justin Green who was running at full speed (some of you might've seen this play) and connected the side of his head to Green's knee, knocking his head back. He was down and not moving. The stadium went silent and all of the Griz were on one knee while this player was slowly being secured to a stretcher.

On his show last night Bobby said he went over to Saint Pats on Sunday morning to check in on the SHSU player to see how he was doing. Bobby found out the kid was cleared the evening before and was able to make the flight home with his teammates.

That was a classy thing for Bobby to do, going over to the hospitial to check in on this guy and wish him well, and although he missed him, it was a very nice thing to do.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Our low-class jerk coach

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:00 pm

Re/Max Griz wrote:I know many cat fans don't like Bobby Hauck, and I'm not asking you guys to change your mind about him with this one post but I think you'd appreciate this as well.

In our game vs Sam Houston St. a BearKat corner was seriously injured, he jumped infront of Justin Green who was running at full speed (some of you might've seen this play) and connected the side of his head to Green's knee, knocking his head back. He was down and not moving. The stadium went silent and all of the Griz were on one knee while this player was slowly being secured to a stretcher.

On his show last night Bobby said he went over to Saint Pats on Sunday morning to check in on the SHSU player to see how he was doing. Bobby found out the kid was cleared the evening before and was able to make the flight home with his teammates.

That was a classy thing for Bobby to do, going over to the hospitial to check in on this guy and wish him well, and although he missed him, it was a very nice thing to do.
Probably worried about a lawsuit, or did it for media attention. :D Just Kidding! On a serious note, once in awhile, I'll see Bobby do classy things regarding other teams, just never anything classy towards the Bobcat program. His hatred runs deep. He wouldn't have gone to the hospital if that would have been a Bobcat player... guaranteed. Plus, it's a lot easier to be classy after a Win. Watch him after a loss sometime.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:38 pm

I could be biased here but I'm thinking win or lose that Bobby would visit a player that had to go to a hospital with an injury like that.

Once again, speaking from "my side" of things.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:07 pm

That was a "nice" thing to do, but I have to think that most coaches would do the same thing. Agree with catatac that no way in hell would he have gone to the hospital had it been a Bobcat - unless it was to pull out a plug. :wink:

A truly classy coach would do this without needing to tell anyone.

GO CATS GO!!!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:14 pm

He didn't bring it up out of the blue.

Tom Katz the "sports guy" on channel 8 asked Bobby if he had heard how this player was doing.

Bobby responded by saying he went over there Sunday morning to see how he was doing but the guy was cleared to leave and got to fly home with his team.

After that Katz said its always tough to get back into a game after something like that happened. Bobby basically said, "Yeah, you hate to see that happen to anyone, no matter who they're playing for."

He didn't bring it up, he was asked if he had any more news on the players injury, and that was how he responded.

lifeloyalsigmsu

Re: Our low-class jerk coach

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:04 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:I know many cat fans don't like Bobby Hauck, and I'm not asking you guys to change your mind about him with this one post but I think you'd appreciate this as well.

Wonder if he would have visited the player if his griz had lost.......

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:34 am

Or waited until Sunday morning? I guess he figured the kid wasn't in THAT bad of shape that anything would happen Saturday night...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:21 am

sometimes you cat fans amaze me... :roll:
Last edited by BWahlberg on Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:28 am

Don't lump us all togethor Re/max. I have said it before, many of the things Bobby does shows me that he probably is a decent guy and shows alot of class in many situations.(and I only say probably as I am just going off outside appearances and have never met him) However, my problem with Bobby Hauck is his treatment of our rivalry, he just seems too emotionally involved in it for a head coach. Yes it is good that he cares about the game, but it just seems that his hatred for MSU clouds his judgement and he loses all of that class whenever dealing with MSU. I realize that there is a reason we are rivals, but leave the petty stuff to the fans and treat each other with a level of respect.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:33 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:sometimes you cat fans amaze me... :roll:
What did you expect - for us to come back and say we were wrong all along and Baby isn't a turd but rather a modern day hero? He has done some things of this nature that are decent but never once to a Cat coach, fan, athlete, alumni, etc. I guarantee if that had been a Cat hurt Baby would not have visited the hospital, discussed the issue with anyone, or even expressed any happiness that it wasn't a serious injury. Guaranteed!!! He treats other Universities totally different from how he treats us and his hatred of our University in general couldn't be more obvious and your attempt to paint him a hero to us is going to fall short every time. Face it - he hates us and we hate him.
Last edited by WYCAT on Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:46 am

Here's how I've found to best sum it up:

Hauck's attitude toward the Bobcats & our rivalry is far closer to Scott Gurnsey's than they are to Don Read's...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:51 am

El_Gato wrote:Here's how I've found to best sum it up:

Hauck's attitude toward the Bobcats & our rivalry is far closer to Scott Gurnsey's than they are to Don Read's...
Exactly! Good easy way to put it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon