The planets are aligning...

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

El_Gato
Member # Retired

The planets are aligning...

Post by El_Gato » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:51 am

I guess we better face it, Cats; the planets are aligning for a 3rd griz NC.

Since it seems that I'm on the wrong side of most of the "big games" this year...

I'M NOW A HUGE SUPPORTER OF THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!!!!
GO GRIZ!!! BEAT SAM HOUSTON!!! AND THEN BEAT WHATEVER CUPCAKE TEAM WINS THE OTHER SEMI SO WE CAN ALL CELEBRATE!!!!!! THE GRIZ ARE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER & WILL DESTROY THEIR OPPONENTS IN THE NEXT 2 GAMES THEN MOVE UP TO DIVISION 1 AND WIN THEIR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AS WELL....

GO GRIZ!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:57 am

I like the logic because everything else I have tried isn't working. GO GRIZ

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:18 am

I'm not feeling any love here. Lets have a group hug. :D :D

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:08 pm

WYCAT wrote:I like the logic because everything else I have tried isn't working. GO GRIZ
Like I have been teaching my kids, HATE is a bad thing... :cry:

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:10 pm

As much as I'd like to agree with E_G that we're easily on our way to another NC. I'm still entirely unsure.

This weekend we play the team that exposed us the best, and has one of the most dangerous QB's in 1AA football. They're fast and can both run and pass. Both of the teams we've beat up on so far have been one-dimensional. NWS was a running team while UNH was a passing team. SHSU is both.

IF we win this Saturday then there will be a lot of outside factors that will affect whoever we play in the NC. Our D is young and has played great at home, it could be b/c the crowd helps them get pumped up. Playing in Chatty our D wont be able to feed off of 20,000+. Also our D is young, I would expect them to be a little nervous being in "The Big Game"

Those are my thoughts looking at the last two weeks of 1AA foosball this year. SHSU is going to be an incredible challenge, we'll be motivated, and they probably won't be too fased by the cold weather. I think we can beat these guys if we continue what we've been doing, mixing it up on O with a balanced run attack and Ochs being his usual stud self. On D we're going to be challeneged, since we're in our house I do like our chances to win by less than a TD, possibly a fieldgoal in OT.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:32 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:As much as I'd like to agree with E_G that we're easily on our way to another NC. I'm still entirely unsure.

This weekend we play the team that exposed us the best, and has one of the most dangerous QB's in 1AA football. They're fast and can both run and pass. Both of the teams we've beat up on so far have been one-dimensional. NWS was a running team while UNH was a passing team. SHSU is both.

IF we win this Saturday then there will be a lot of outside factors that will affect whoever we play in the NC. Our D is young and has played great at home, it could be b/c the crowd helps them get pumped up. Playing in Chatty our D wont be able to feed off of 20,000+. Also our D is young, I would expect them to be a little nervous being in "The Big Game"

Those are my thoughts looking at the last two weeks of 1AA foosball this year. SHSU is going to be an incredible challenge, we'll be motivated, and they probably won't be too fased by the cold weather. I think we can beat these guys if we continue what we've been doing, mixing it up on O with a balanced run attack and Ochs being his usual stud self. On D we're going to be challeneged, since we're in our house I do like our chances to win by less than a TD, possibly a fieldgoal in OT.
My tendency is to say Sam Houston will beat you again, based on what they did to you last time. However, I, along with most others who follow 1-AA have been very surprised by what you've done the past 2 games. Obviously does not look like the same team that played earlier in the season. The only question that remains is - will that team continue to show up for the next 2 games? If they play like they have for the past 2 games, they will win it all. Sam Houston will obviously be a huge challenge, but I though UNH would be too and they didn't do squat against you. Also, if you make it to Chatty - will be interesting to see how the team does there. If I remember correctly, they haven't played their best ball on the road???

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:14 am

I could see SHSU beating us again based upon their last preformance against us too.

And yes we're not that great on the road, 2-2

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:23 am

All joking aside, I think the griz playing 9 of 13 at home could hurt when it comes time to win a big one away from home. The plus side is it is a lot easier to put together 8 or 9 wins consistently which gets you into the playoffs year in and year out.
Last edited by WYCAT on Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:40 pm

I simply don't see SHSU beating the Griz twice in one year. Especially at Missoula. Griz by 14.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:54 pm

I thought Bozocat was setting it up so the Griz could play the Chipper at home?

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:49 pm

Read my lips:

THE GRIZ ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL AND THERE IS NO WAY IN HADES THAT THEY WILL LOSE TO THE SAMMIES AND THEN WHATEVER CUPCAKE WINS THE OTHER GAME.

JUST GO AHEAD AND ENGRAVE THE TROPHY, MILES BRAND; IT BELONGS TO THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES, MY FAVORITIST TEAM OF THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRIZ 45
SAMMIES 17

NC Game

GRIZ 45
WHOEVER & BILL & MARY & JIMMY & MADDY 0

TAKE IT TO THE BANK, BABY!
Last edited by El_Gato on Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:10 pm

Hate to say it, but this weeks game is for the NC in my opinion. The Griz win this one by 17 points or so I think.