Eastern game

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Eastern game

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:10 pm

Eastern is ahead 34-28, just had a FG blocked. Sammies have the ball on the 25, have to go 75 yards in 40 seconds with no timeouts.

I wish this game was on local TV.

GO CATS GO!!!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:14 pm

Sammy on Eastern 2, 1 second left...

GO CATS GO!!!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:14 pm

TD Bearkats. Sh*t. Xtra point pending...

GO CATS GO!!!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:16 pm

Kick good. Ridiculous. I think we all know just exactly how Eastern feels.

For the love of everything pure and holy, can anything else happen to make it any easier for the griz to win a NC? I know Sam Houston beat the griz, but I think they'll get worked up here in Missoula.

GO CATS GO!!!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:13 pm

William & Mary losing to James would help.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:15 pm

I don't think it matters. Whoever wins next weekend wins. If Sammy can keep from falling behind early, it might be a dogfight. If they fall behind quick, it will be over early.

GO CATS GO!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:56 am

BozoneCat wrote:Kick good. Ridiculous. I think we all know just exactly how Eastern feels.

For the love of everything pure and holy, can anything else happen to make it any easier for the griz to win a NC? I know Sam Houston beat the griz, but I think they'll get worked up here in Missoula.
I didn't want to track this game last night because I had a feeling this may happen. Couple the way the playoffs have gone this season for the griz with the way we lost to Wyoming last night and I am almost convinced Santa, the tooth ferry, Easter bunny, and all other mystical figures wear Maroon and Silver. How it must feel to go through life getting every break imaginable.
Last edited by WYCAT on Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:33 am

take about getting breaks for the friz. How about the early interception and then the friz get the fumble recovery. This play could have changed the early mo of the game.

The NC is for the friz to loss now with another pending home game against a warm weather team and all of the top seeds in the other bracket gone.

I wish the friz good luck.

How many starters on O do the Friz have from Montana? 0
And they give us a bad time about getting players from outside of Mt.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:48 pm

I've been pointing out the lack of Montana kids on the Griz offense all season. With the exception of Lex, I love how they brag up their alleged superiority at getting/playing in-state kids. For the record, they have 46 MT kids listed on their roster, we have 34. I'd say that's pretty good considering the last 15 years or so...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:21 pm

do you guys know anything about football. You play the best guys regardless of where they are from. UM recruits and has more kids from MT on the team. But that isn't going to mean they get to start. You have to beat out the other guys at your position to start. Whining, pissing and moaning, maybe you should not watch or pay attention the Griz since it gets you guys so frustrated.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:26 pm

jah, if you are not familiar with 2 dipstick "writers" in Butte & the venom they spew toward Kramer regarding what they feel is a high # of Californians on our team, then you have no business posting on this thread.

They represent a mindset that is fairly prevalent that the griz recruit AND play more Montanans because they CHOOSE to. You're right, there are more Montanans on the griz, but how many of them play NO role? And given the history of the 2 schools the past 15 years, I'm still amazed that we've managed to get the good Montana kids we have!
Last edited by El_Gato on Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:40 pm

Not sure if I've ever admitted it before on this board, but I like Kramer. It is tough for him to recuit well in Montana, but he does get some good MT players. He has in the past misjudged players or overlooked guys from MT, but I'm sure the Griz have too. I get tired of people who think a kid should get to play just because he is from Montana. That isn't the way college football works. College football is a cut throat business for the coaches. They must produce to they are gone. I do think being MT schools that MT kids should be give serious looks in the recruiting process for various reason. It develops new fans, keeps fans, and give MT some pride in their own boys. I'll also admit that I have talked smack about the cats and all their california kids, but it was smack just to stir things up.
One thing I really like about Kramer is that he plays who he thinks is the best...seemingly. And no player seems to be guaranteed their starting job from week to week. If a kid is playing better than a starter, that kid seems to win the job. That is how it should be. Preference should not be given based on home town, hair length, skin color, number of pimples, or anything else other than who is the hardest worker, best athlete, and best player.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:18 pm

El_Gato wrote:I've been pointing out the lack of Montana kids on the Griz offense all season. With the exception of Lex, I love how they brag up their alleged superiority at getting/playing in-state kids. For the record, they have 46 MT kids listed on their roster, we have 34. I'd say that's pretty good considering the last 15 years or so...
You guys must have just gotten screwed out of MT talent like Carpenter, Murphy, Bagley, Hilliard, Spencer, Potts and MacIntyre... :roll:

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:33 pm

I'm not sure what your post means; of course we wish we'd gotten SOME of your guys, but Mac Mollohan, Nick Marudas, Beau Clark, Chad Gluhm, Brant Birkeland, the Boiteau Brothers, and Clayton Curley are not too shabby...

I'm pretty sure BOTH teams have had plenty of kids over the years they wish they'd gotten instead of them going to the "other" team...

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:35 am

BobCatFan wrote:
How many starters on O do the Friz have from Montana? 0
And they give us a bad time about getting players from outside of Mt.
GRIZZLY STARTERS OF 04
I couldn't scrounge up special teams at the moment...

These are Montanans from what I could find. I believe there are a few more that start for UM. I'd be interested to see MSU's list :wink:

The kicking game....
93 - Pete Sloan - Kalispell, MT - K
26 - Tyson Johnson - Stevensville, MT - P
29 - Dan Carpenter - Helena, MT - PK

The offense...

66- Jay Green - Glasgow, MT - OC
63- Ryan Wells - Hamilton, MT - OT (starts due to injury)

oh and my personal favorite and one you might remember

38 - Lex Hilliard - Kalispell, MT - HB

The defense...

95 - John Cahill - Billings, MT - NT
13 - Tuff Harris - Colstrip, MT - CB
50 - Adam Hoge - Bozeman, MT :shock: - LB
27- Matt Lebsock - Billings, MT - FS
47 - Shane MacIntyre - Helena, MT - LB
90 - Mike Murphy - Great Falls, MT - DE
92 - Michael Potts - Missoula, MT - DE
96 - Lance Spencer - Malta, MT - DE
31 - Tyler Thomas - Dillon, MT - SS