Hey anyone want to coach in Utah!!

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Hey anyone want to coach in Utah!!

Post by mslacat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:55 pm

It appears that very shortly the top 4 D-1 football teams in Utah will all be looking for new head football coaches. Utah State and Weber State recently had opening and today BYU's head coach was canned. U. of Utah coach Urban Myre (sp?) is the hottest coach in the nation right now and is the front runner at Norta Dame and the Florida job. I guess it is time to dust off the old reume!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hey anyone want to coach in Utah!!

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:05 pm

mslacat wrote:It appears that very shortly the top 4 D-1 football teams in Utah will all be looking for new head football coaches. Utah State and Weber State recently had opening and today BYU's head coach was canned. U. of Utah coach Urban Myre (sp?) is the hottest coach in the nation right now and is the front runner at Norta Dame and the Florida job. I guess it is time to dust off the old reume!!
Hmmm. I hope they don't look Kramer's direction. Hopefully we're safe for the time being. And to all the Griz fans ready to pounce on this - Yes, Kramer is a damn good coach despite his overall records and occasional overzealousness. Is that a word? And I'd be wililng to bet most AD's anywhere in the west are keenly aware of Kramer.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:10 pm

Losing Kramer was one of my first thoughts too Catatac. I guess looking at his resume the only good part about the record is other schools would have to look a lot harder at all the pluses he would bring above and beyond wins/loses.

Good post MslaCat. Assuming everything I have been reading about Urban Meyer going to Notre Dame are true, there will be openings at Utah, BYU, Utah State, and Weber State - WOW.
Last edited by WYCAT on Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:21 pm

I would think Eastern should worry more about losing a coach in the shuffle, but I don't see any of the UT jobs going to a Big Sky coach. There will be a lot of shuffling in the west, for sure. Do you think any more Big Sky coaches will be "resigned"?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:34 pm

Can you guy's think of any other period of time when so many high profile coaching job were open. A lot of them will be impacting western coaches. The domino effect will just keep this going. Anyone want to bet that the Boise State coaching job will also open up? The impact of these coaching changes will be felt for a very long time.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:01 pm

mslacat wrote:Can you guy's think of any other period of time when so many high profile coaching job were open. A lot of them will be impacting western coaches. The domino effect will just keep this going. Anyone want to bet that the Boise State coaching job will also open up? The impact of these coaching changes will be felt for a very long time.
It sounds like Hawkins at Boise State is heading to Stanford. It is interesting how far down the ripples are felt. Cal's coach leaves for Washington and the next thing you know Caroll's coach is heading to Eastern Washington.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:36 pm

WYCAT wrote:
mslacat wrote:Can you guy's think of any other period of time when so many high profile coaching job were open. A lot of them will be impacting western coaches. The domino effect will just keep this going. Anyone want to bet that the Boise State coaching job will also open up? The impact of these coaching changes will be felt for a very long time.
It sounds like Hawkins at Boise State is heading to Stanford. It is interesting how far down the ripples are felt. Cal's coach leaves for Washington and the next thing you know Caroll's coach is heading to Eastern Washington.
??? - I assume you were just throwing a hypothetical out there? Someone told me Van Deist is anchored in Helena and has no interest in a higher paying job. Not sure if I buy it but that's what I've heard.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:48 pm

catatac: I always thought it was a kid thing. When they get done with school he'd be willing to move on.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four