Who the Heck is "Coach K"

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Who the Heck is "Coach K"

Post by mslacat » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:52 pm

************ MSLACAT RANT ALERT ************

Ok listen I am tired of just about every coach under the sun being "Coach K" Is Durham known as "coach D", is Hauck known as "coach H". In Montana recently we have Coach Kramer, Kennedy, Krystowiak, and now Kudrna , who am I forgetting? Is not the purpose of a nickname is to give someone a name that actually identifies them and represents some personal aspect of them.
Mike Krzyzewski of Duke .......Insert booing here....... is "Coach K". It was invented because people could not pernounce or spell him name before he became famous. Who here has trouble spelling Kramer or Kennedy!? Krystowiak has always been know as Krysc. Kudrna well sometimes it is not even spelled with a K, reference the Bozo Chronical artical. Kramer: Big Human works for me!!
This is lazy coping of nick names! Come on people enough with the "Coach K", there is only one Coach K and he is from Duke .......Insert booing here....... Kramer, Kennedy, Krystowiak, and now Kudrna, I am sorry not are even in the same class. If you are going to steal a nick name steal someone's name who is not considered to be the........... I do not know if I can force myself to say this ... best coach currently coaching .. but could not hold Dean Smith jock strap....

I am sorry but I am just sick of getting into conversations with folks and they say Coach K this and Coach K that. and me having to stop them to figure out who the hell they are talking about, what sport, what year, and then what team mens or womens. Coach K is Mike Krzyzewski 1st and formost on THE "Coach K". Enough lazyness Give coach Kramer, Kennedy, Krystowiak, and now Kudrna there own nick names!!!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:26 pm

Okay MslaCat, I for one promise to never do it again. :oops:

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:44 pm

The big human is so unique, we can just call him "K" Shishevski who?

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:53 pm

Mslacat, this brings to mind one of my pet peeves. Why is everyone's nickname now some form of the first letter of their first name, followed by the first syllable of their last name? It was okay with A-Rod, but now certain announcers do this with everyone. SportsCenter anchors are the worst with this (and I hate to rag on them, that is practically blashphemy!). Can't people just try to use a little imagination and try being a little less lazy when coming up with nicknames?!!?

GO CATS GO!!!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:59 pm

Straight up, B-Cat.

Sorry, couldn't resist....

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:03 pm

Why, you..... :D

GO CATS GO!!!

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:46 pm

Since coach K's :lol: most outstanding feature, other than his size and gregarious candor, would be his vocabulary, one would need to find a really great, obscure word for his nick-name. Let's see, he's a mountain climber, cyclist, country music (ugh) fanatic, historian, etymologist, shaves a lot of scalp, etc. Sounds like we need a contest to name him. It has to start with K. This isn't totally original, but just to get the ideas flowing, there is "Kosmos"