Jace Lewis throws shade.

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jace Lewis throws shade.

Post by wbtfg » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:28 pm
Justin Ford's dad enters the chat

https://twitter.com/bigfranknyc/status/ ... LYIcZJTrHw
What’s kinda funny looking back is I noticed Ford was out for a lot of the 2nd half of Cat/gris. He was right in front of me sitting on the bench and I yelled “Justin Ford…you should be in the game!” It was the only direct reaction from a gris player all day. His back to me, started nodding.

It wasn’t smart-assed and I did say that out of respect for him during the game, he really is a good player. I may not like “the gris”, but can totally respect the kids under the uniforms. Because they go through stuff like this as well.

I looked pretty obvious at that moment that Ford has issues with the coaches. This tweet confirms it.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:43 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:04 pm
nanacat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:29 pm
From the most recent article on 406 Sports...
"The loss also put an end to the unique six-year experience that Bobby and Robby shared together. The inevitable finality of it all had likely been the elephant in the room between the two as the year moved on, and now it’s arrived.
That father-son dynamic is rare at the NCAA Division I level, so Robby made sure to encourage Matt Entz, NDSU’s head coach, to not take it for granted.
Matt has his freshman son Kellen, a wide receiver, on his team for their first year together.
“I had the coolest experience ever and there’s very few people who can experience that and that’s what I told coach (Matt Entz) afterwards,” Robby said. “I said to enjoy the next five years with your son and your team because it is something special to be coached by your father and be truly invested in his success … it’s been so much fun.”

I've never been a fan of parents coaching their kids. It happens more often in high school I think, and generally is more negative than positive.
I coached my son in youth wrestling, when he got to Jr. High, I told him they were his coaches. I had to keep my opinions to myself after that, but the relationship with him was far better being a dad than a coach.
Good for you for recognizing that. It seems that either a parent favors their kid or goes the opposite extreme and under plays them. Terribly hard to find balance. It's very obvious that Bobby coaching his kid wasn't a good thing for that program as evidenced by the tweets coming out now. Bobby didn't do junior any favors in the long run.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:42 pm

nanacat wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:29 pm
I've never been a fan of parents coaching their kids. It happens more often in high school I think, and generally is more negative than positive.
I'll preface this by saying that despite being a Steelers fan, I absolutely detest Ben Roethlisberger.

That being said, on the field he was a Hall of Fame quarterback, in the NFL. On the field in high school, he was a wide receiver until his senior year because the coach's son played quarterback. The coach's son played Division III. Mostly at receiver.

Most dads have a blind spot where their kids are concerned.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 am

This thread on Egriz is unbelievable. The level of dissatisfaction and turmoil is incredible. A couple of posts on page 6 stood out where there is open speculation about players entering the portal. That program is a train wreck right now.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90168

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:34 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 am
This thread on Egriz is unbelievable. The level of dissatisfaction and turmoil is incredible. A couple of posts on page 6 stood out where there is open speculation about players entering the portal. That program is a train wreck right now.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90168
Had read a couple of pages earlier and just finished pg 7. Wow, a major dumpster fire over there. bobby hauck & co, the gift that keeps on giving...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:25 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:49 am
in before the lock....

no one gonna show our 6 6 WR abuse lil Bobbi on this play?

https://twitter.com/TPortalCFB/status/1 ... 0-C65Rxvog
Nice one. Of course, he actually made the tackle on that one instead of sliding in for an almost late hit once the play was over.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:04 pm

Someone has to be bored enough to go back and watch all the griz games and count his supposed tackles. Come on retired fans!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:52 am

My favorite play was when his teammate was making the tackle at the line of scrimmage and roberto came in to get his tackles up and knocked the RB lose....who then scampered for a long td!