Weber State

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Weber State

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:00 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:31 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:09 am
seataccat wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:05 am
Rich K wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:07 pm
Right now Weber looks like the best football team in Utah. Go Utes!
Interesting that byu only beat usu 38-26. Not sure if usu just got better since then, but Weber looks good.

Based on the on-field performance of all BSC teams, I’d say Weber is the most impressive team to date.
I think it's between Weber and UM. MSU is the dark horse but I think Weber and UM will beat Sac St this year.
Until UM plays someone good, I'm going to hold judgement on them. Weber has knocked off Utah State (35-7) and Davis (17-12) both on the road. USU showed well vs. BYU Thursday night. WSU played poorly on the road, but still found a way to beat a good Davis team. UM's opponents are 3-17, including and entering today's game vs. ISU, so probably 3-18 soon. Their most impressive win is 24-7 at home over South Dakota State. UM at SAC could be a showdown of 6-0 teams. People overlook SAC because of their playoff failings, but I think they're very well coached and talented.

I'd put MSU at 3rd or 4th right now, but I think MSU has the most upside and could easily be the most balanced team in the league once they settle in. Tonight's game vs. Davis is a big swing game for MSU. After last week's win, if they play well tonight that could send them on their way.
There's a big, big difference between South Dakota, and South Dakota State. :lol:
Fingers not obeying brain there. :oops:

Griz ran the ball well yesterday. Not too surprising though as ISU was allowing 5.5 per carry coming into the game. Griz got 5.9.

Best outing of the year for ISU, which closest game prior was a 15-point loss at home to Cent. Arkansas.

I have WSU and SAC 1-2 right now. MSU/UM tied for 3rd. Idaho 5th and rising. Might be a good game in Missoula next week with the Vandals coming to town.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:38 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:00 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:31 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:09 am
seataccat wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:32 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:05 am
Rich K wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:07 pm
Right now Weber looks like the best football team in Utah. Go Utes!
Interesting that byu only beat usu 38-26. Not sure if usu just got better since then, but Weber looks good.

Based on the on-field performance of all BSC teams, I’d say Weber is the most impressive team to date.
I think it's between Weber and UM. MSU is the dark horse but I think Weber and UM will beat Sac St this year.
Until UM plays someone good, I'm going to hold judgement on them. Weber has knocked off Utah State (35-7) and Davis (17-12) both on the road. USU showed well vs. BYU Thursday night. WSU played poorly on the road, but still found a way to beat a good Davis team. UM's opponents are 3-17, including and entering today's game vs. ISU, so probably 3-18 soon. Their most impressive win is 24-7 at home over South Dakota State. UM at SAC could be a showdown of 6-0 teams. People overlook SAC because of their playoff failings, but I think they're very well coached and talented.

I'd put MSU at 3rd or 4th right now, but I think MSU has the most upside and could easily be the most balanced team in the league once they settle in. Tonight's game vs. Davis is a big swing game for MSU. After last week's win, if they play well tonight that could send them on their way.
There's a big, big difference between South Dakota, and South Dakota State. :lol:
Fingers not obeying brain there. :oops:

Griz ran the ball well yesterday. Not too surprising though as ISU was allowing 5.5 per carry coming into the game. Griz got 5.9.

Best outing of the year for ISU, which closest game prior was a 15-point loss at home to Cent. Arkansas.

I have WSU and SAC 1-2 right now. MSU/UM tied for 3rd. Idaho 5th and rising. Might be a good game in Missoula next week with the Vandals coming to town.
You’ll have MSU your #1 in a few weeks then!

Top of the conference is real good. I think MSU, UM, Weber and Sac are all pretty damn good and could beat anyone. Still think the Brawl will be worth all the marbles.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:02 pm

Sac jumped one spot to #1. The gris dropped 1 to #2. Weber stayed at 3 and the CATS stayed at 6. Idaho jumped 4 spots to #20. Ewoo stayed at 25. The Aggies dropped 8 spots to #36. PSU up 13 to #40. So Utah down 7 to #49. NAU down 11 to #51. Clipboard U didn't move, stayed at #61. Cal Poly dropped 3 to 77 and Idaho St jumped 12 to #78. They made a big jump by staying close to bobby hauck u. The most consistent bunch in the Massey's ratings is Presbyterian' staying at the #130 spot for the season.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:13 am

1. Weber (1) - BBQ had a bye and remains number 1 and 3rd best in state of Utah. :-)

Tie 2. Montana (2) - UM has a tendency to look past @ISU and somehow still get the W

Tie 2. Sac State (2) - Dispatched CP with relative ease

4. Montana State (4) - Took care of a good UC Davis team. MSU has been improving as the season progresses.

5. Idaho (5) - UI let UNCU keep it close for the first half and put them away in the 2nd

6. UC Davis (6) - UC Davis could not contain MSU's big QB

7. EWU (7) - Was thumped by FBS Florida

8. PSU (9) - I thought about moving PSU ahead of EWU with the win over NAU. But for now they are just a whisker behind EWU

9. NAU (8) - NAU still has potential to play a spoiler role and beat one of the top teams. Especially @ the Walkup.

10. NC (10) - Kept it close for a half and then was crushed

11. ISU (12) - Gave the #2 team a close game in Pocatello. That's enough to move up one spot when CP loses.

12. CP (11) - Was thumped at home by rival Sac State

Recap: 1-5 contenders 6-8 Middle of the pack 9 Falling back a bit 10-12 Bottom of the barrel