Lady Griz News

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Lady Griz News

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:54 pm

Someone used the term squeezed out over here….I would argue that is not how it went down.

https://gogriz.com/news/2022/6/27/women ... peace.aspx

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:06 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:54 pm
Someone used the term squeezed out over here….I would argue that is not how it went down.

By all accounts, it seems Sophia is an outstanding young lady with a bright future. I saw posters here wish her luck. Yet you need to post here because of some perceived slight against the lady Gris. You yourself said the Lady Gris would be okay with the addition of guard Gina Marxen from Idaho. Here is your quote on signing Marxen: “That was a pretty big get that seems to be having a trickle effect now with Keller moving on”. You are actually the one that said “trickle effect”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is really funny is that Marxen’s stats are almost a duplicate of Sophia. Yet for some reason, no way could Sophia have felt “squeezed” out with the roster changes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It really is a nice article and I look forward to seeing Sophia succeed. The cynic in me says that both Sophia and the coaches wanted to part on good terms. No reason to throw any poison at each other.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:06 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:

By all accounts, it seems Sophia is an outstanding young lady with a bright future. I saw posters here wish her luck. Yet you need to post here because of some perceived slight against the lady Gris. You yourself said the Lady Gris would be okay with the addition of guard Gina Marxen from Idaho. Here is your quote on signing Marxen: “That was a pretty big get that seems to be having a trickle effect now with Keller moving on”. You are actually the one that said “trickle effect”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is really funny is that Marxen’s stats are almost a duplicate of Sophia. Yet for some reason, no way could Sophia have felt “squeezed” out with the roster changes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It really is a nice article and I look forward to seeing Sophia succeed. The cynic in me says that both Sophia and the coaches wanted to part on good terms. No reason to throw any poison at each other.
I honestly can’t make sense of anything you posted here. I’m trying but it is all over the place and lacks coherence.

Any comments I made about Gina Marxen were in direct response to a poster who claimed Keller was going to be a starter and is a big loss for the Griz.

That is 100% separate from anything to do with Stiles. She is leaving on her own terms to try something new and, in her words, uncomfortable. I don’t feel that is being squeezed out on any level. Her article confirms all that as well from her own perspective.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:40 am

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

I honestly can’t make sense of anything you posted here. I’m trying but it is all over the place and lacks coherence.

Any comments I made about Gina Marxen were in direct response to a poster who claimed Keller was going to be a starter and is a big loss for the Griz.

That is 100% separate from anything to do with Stiles. She is leaving on her own terms to try something new and, in her words, uncomfortable. I don’t feel that is being squeezed out on any level. Her article confirms all that as well from her own perspective.
Sorry for your lack of comprehension, but we can’t help the fact that your IQ is so low…

Simply put, your theory that the addition of Marxen can only apply to the loss of Keller and not the loss of Stiles is flawed. The Idaho transfer Marxen is bringing over nearly identical stats when compared to Stiles.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:09 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

I assume you are referencing my post that says this: "I would assume Kyndall Keller would have been a key contributor this next season and possibly a starter. Now she is gone."

How you get "going be a starter and a big loss" is a bit of a stretch.

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 am

wapiti wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:09 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

I assume you are referencing my post that says this: "I would assume Kyndall Keller would have been a key contributor this next season and possibly a starter. Now she is gone."

Is it though? Your stating Keller was going to be a key contributor and probably a starter and is now gone is obviously an assumption that the Griz will be worse off without her and took quite a hit. Unless I read too much into it?

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:46 pm

HookedOnGriz wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 am
wapiti wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:09 pm
HookedOnGriz wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
HookedOnGriz wrote:

Is it though? Your stating Keller was going to be a key contributor and probably a starter and is now gone is obviously an assumption that the Griz will be worse off without her and took quite a hit. Unless I read too much into it?
You need to take off the Maroon colored glasses. You are reading too much into it. I said probably a starter. That means she should have a decent shot at being a starter, not that she would be a starter and at worst she would have been a key contributor off the bench.

and I never said big loss, you said that.