FCS Round 2 Games

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: FCS Round 2 Games

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:56 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:27 am
If the griz would have started every drive on their own side of the field they would have lost by 16. Instead their defense and special teams placed them in EWU territory, including in the red zone multiple times, and they won by 16. Eastern never figured out that you can't block seven rushers with only 5 lineman and an occasional small RB. Hopefully JMU figures that out and also has the ability to get down on punt coverage and tackle the returner for less than a 15 yard return.
Not sure they’ll play JMU considering how the Villanova game went last night. CAA might be weak this year.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:28 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:44 am
Jobu wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:56 am
Let’s see if I have all this straight:

The GRIZ just absolutely throttled the 4th ranked team in the nation but:

1. The refs gave them the win
2. The timekeeper gave them the win (a claim for the ages, incidentally)
3. They’re a dirty team.
4. They did it with smoke and mirrors.
5. Eastern allowed them to win by shifting down their legs.

I know I’m leaving out many other classics from this thread, but those are some of the highlights. It’s certainly odd that the team that took the cats behind the woodshed a couple of weeks ago sucks so bad.
1.) No, but the were awful. Both ways.
2.) No, that’s absurd.
3.) Yes, absolutely. Dirtiest team I’ve seen in several years.
4.) No, special teams and defense.
5.) Yes and no. Griz definitely earned the win. I think Eastern lost momentum towards the end of the first half and kind of panicked, which just made it worse for them. But you have to give the griz a lot of credit for that.
1. Yeah they refs were letting them play. Lots of penalties could have been called both ways.
2. I was just saying that they were letting the clock run early in the fourth when EWU still had a slight chance.
3. Idaho was waaaay dirtier. One thing I noticed, that isn't necessarily dirty, is they kept holding up Eastern receivers so their teammates could t off on them. Think it really got in the receivers heads.
4. The Griz just seem to have a way of getting in teams heads and make them make horrible decisions. That throwback by Barrier that setup the Griz inside the 10 was the dumbest play I've ever seen with that much time left in the game. I just wonder if they can hang with teams that can compete mentally.
5. UM took the game but EWU definitely made some mistakes that would have changed the complexion of the game.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:40 pm

The refs???

Eastern threw the ball 80 times and had zero holding calls.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Reminder to check egriz for factual inaccuracies on any game day threads after the game is over.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:02 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:28 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Jobu wrote:

3. They’re a dirty team.

I know I’m leaving out many other classics from this thread, but those are some of the highlights. It’s certainly odd that the team that took the cats behind the woodshed a couple of weeks ago sucks so bad.
2.) No, that’s absurd.
5.) Yes and no. Griz definitely earned the win. I think Eastern lost momentum towards the end of the first half and kind of panicked, which just made it worse for them. But you have to give the griz a lot of credit for that.
1. Yeah they refs were letting them play. Lots of penalties could have been called both ways.
2. I was just saying that they were letting the clock run early in the fourth when EWU still had a slight chance.
3. Idaho was waaaay dirtier. One thing I noticed, that isn't necessarily dirty, is they kept holding up Eastern receivers so their teammates could t off on them. Think it really got in the receivers heads.
4. The Griz just seem to have a way of getting in teams heads and make them make horrible decisions. That throwback by Barrier that setup the Griz inside the 10 was the dumbest play I've ever seen with that much time left in the game. I just wonder if they can hang with teams that can compete mentally.
5. UM took the game but EWU definitely made some mistakes that would have changed the complexion of the game.
Clock never stopped when ewu for first downs. It is supposed to stop until the ball is placed and the chains are moved.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:19 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:02 pm
technoCat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Jobu wrote:

3. They’re a dirty team.

2.) No, that’s absurd.
Clock never stopped when ewu for first downs. It is supposed to stop until the ball is placed and the chains are moved.
Whhhaaaat? :lol:

Oh my god, you guys must spend a lot of money on tinfoil making those hats.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:19 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:02 pm
technoCat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Jobu wrote:

3. They’re a dirty team.

2.) No, that’s absurd.
Whhhaaaat? :lol:

Oh my god, you guys must spend a lot of money on tinfoil making those hats.
iTs nO MoRe eXpEsiVe tHaN cHaNgInG yOuR UsErnAMe BaCk tO gRiZinWaShiGtOn.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:01 pm

Sac St looking like the paper champions we all kind of figured them for. Or SDSU really is as good as they were billed preseason.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:01 pm
Sac St looking like the paper champions we all kind of figured them for. Or SDSU really is as good as they were billed preseason.
SDSU really is that good. If not for a crazy last second Hail Mary loss, they would have been seeded.
And Sac was a bit over-seeded based on their schedule. IMO.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:01 pm

Don't want to jinx anything here, but with how tough SDSU looks right now... if we figure out a way to beat Sam Houston, we would very possibly host a semi final game in Bozeman.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:50 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:01 pm
Don't want to jinx anything here, but with how tough SDSU looks right now... if we figure out a way to beat Sam Houston, we would very possibly host a semi final game in Bozeman.
If only Incarnate Word could've gotten a few more inches on the last play! This side of the bracket would've been blown to smithereens with a path for MSU to stay home all the way to Frisco. Oh well!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Look at the Hornets showing some fight. Took waaaay too much time on that drive though.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 pm

SDSU runs out the clock and Sac State becomes the only seeded team to lose in Round 2.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 pm
SDSU runs out the clock and Sac State becomes the only seeded team to lose in Round 2.
2nd year in a row Sac loses their first game in the playoffs as the 4 seed.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:22 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tell you what though, they're a pretty damn good team. I thought they would get blown out seeing the halftime score. Not so much. They got a crappy draw this year.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:34 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:22 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tell you what though, they're a pretty damn good team. I thought they would get blown out seeing the halftime score. Not so much. They got a crappy draw this year.
Yep they did. SDSU is a title contender, they are loaded.