Rolovich Terminated

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rolovich Terminated

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:17 pm

"On a large scale, it truly worries me for the future of our country, probably even more than a lot of the other stuff that has me worried right now. America has always been a place where people work hard in order to achieve their dreams. Laziness will be the downfall of this country."

This is 100% where I'm at. I don't want to be overly dramatic here but IMO this is the worst I've ever seen it in terms of the younger generation not wanting to work. Maybe somebody can disagree with me here and provide another perspective?

I'd also like to hear a perspective for anyone that is in favor of MORE Covid relief funds, MORE unemployment benefits, MORE stimulus money, MORE welfare benefits, MORE child tax credits, MORE taxing of the rich and giving to the poor, MORE government assistance programs in general. I mean isn't is crystal clear that the more people that receive handouts, the less people are incented to get to work? Does everyone with a brain not agree this is terrible for the long term prosperity of this country? Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in favor of certain welfare programs and handouts, helping people when they're down, etc..... but holy **** it seems like it's out of control.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Re: Rolo out at WSU

Post by Go Scats Go » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:49 pm

rivercat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm
Choate already on the short list. Anyone know if he has the Democrat injections?
Choates smart, so I'd guess he's vaccinated.
Does being vaxed end the possibility of getting covid? Nope...

Seems like all other vaxes work much better.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:09 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:49 pm
rivercat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Choate already on the short list. Anyone know if he has the Democrat injections?

Seems like all other vaxes do....
The Covid vaccine is more effective at preventing Covid than the polio vaccine is at preventing polio. The difference is that 99% of people are required to have the polio vaccine because there have been “communist” style vaccine mandates & “vaccine passports” for 70 years.

When the more effective Covid vaccine gets the same legal treatment as how the Nazis mandated the polio vaccine…then we are likely to get the same results.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why culture warriors undermine the whole point of vaccines…and then act like the vaccines don’t work.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
rivercat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

Less than 1% of fully vaxxed Covid patients end up in the hospital, in an ICU, then a ventilator... and dead. So, that ain't bad! 8)

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:10 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:11 pm
Go Scats Go wrote:
rivercat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

Less than 1% of fully vaxxed Covid patients end up in the hospital, in an ICU, then a ventilator... and dead. So, that ain't bad! 8)
You should clarify that...I think its less than 1% of vaxxed people who get a breakthrough infection end up in the hospital. And, of course, the vaccine prevents roughly 80% of infections in the first place.

Pretty good odds, considering that something like 10% of unvaxxed people who contract Covid end up in the hospital.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:58 pm

I have no desire to get into a covid discussion on the internet but I will say one thing. It would great to play poker against anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers if they promise to employ the same denial and refusal to use odds and probabilities in the poker game that they do with their position and actions concerning covid. . It would probably be unethical to take someone's money like that though.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm

kmax wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am
Alright, I've given this quite a bit of runway but I think it's time to just let the arguments about this to rest. Nobody is "convincing" anyone to change their mind here and at this point it is just rehashing the same things over and over again.

Rolovich is out, right or wrong, he is. He is going to fight the termination, so we'll see where that ends up and will be interesting. Also will be interesting to see both how WSU finishes out the year after this and who they look at to replace Rolovich.
Come on kmax, if you're going to get upset over my post, look at a few of the latest. You're playing editor.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:58 pm

allcat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm
kmax wrote:
Alright, I've given this quite a bit of runway but I think it's time to just let the arguments about this to rest. Nobody is "convincing" anyone to change their mind here and at this point it is just rehashing the same things over and over again.

Rolovich is out, right or wrong, he is. He is going to fight the termination, so we'll see where that ends up and will be interesting. Also will be interesting to see both how WSU finishes out the year after this and who they look at to replace Rolovich.
Come on kmax, if you're going to get upset over my post, look at a few of the latest. You're playing editor.
Kmax’s left side runways are, and have been, obviously much longer than his right side runways.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:31 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:58 pm
allcat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm
kmax wrote:

Kmax’s left side runways are, and have been, obviously much longer than his right side runways.
Uhhhhhhh....I didn't get upset over anyone's post. There is a reason I didn't quote a specific post when I said that. I wasn't picking any sides here and specifically said that after 9+ pages it was beating a dead horse and it was time to move on...again for EVERYONE. I'm not sure how the runway I gave here was allowing for more "left side" than "right side" as both sides were presenting their case here in this thread, again for a solid 9+ pages. Some of you all really need to check yourself and the persistant feeling that anytime anyone does anything they are against you. You have no idea how I feel about this particular issue, so quit your assumptions.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:39 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 am
As a business owner I have my own thoughts based on my own experience. This obviously isn't the case for every single person not working right now, but something that I have noticed during these crazy times.

In a nutshell, people are most definitely working the system a bit, and they did while receiving benefits as well. Between my businesses I have had 4 employees that worked the system while getting benefits. Basically working but reporting less hours to the government or in some cases not reporting hours at all. A couple claimed they were let go due to covid, even though we never closed and in fact have been busier than ever. In talks with some friends that also run businesses, they are dealing with similar things.

Next, we have noticed that some people were actually very smart with their stimuluses and extra benefits. Especially those that were working and still received benefits. While some were pissing this money away for the last year, many were just tucking it away. I have several employees who are seeking less hours currently and others who are planning on not working all winter and just skiing. Hard to blame them for this. If they have the money in the bank, and are content with their savings, who wouldn't want to play outside instead of working?! I imagine there are a decent number of people who were able to put enough aside to hold off on working for a little while.

Finally, the biggest issue I have seen is people completely manipulating the unemployment system, and how skewed the system is as a whole. Many people only have to show unemployment they are applying for jobs to retain their benefits. It took me a while to figure this out. Every time we were hiring I'd receive 15-20 apps easily. But after reaching out and setting up interviews no one would ever reply. It was a red flag. Upon further review of the "resumes", they were a complete joke. I kid you not, one person actually sent me a menu from a pizza place as his resume!

Here's where the biggest issue is. After contacting unemployment myself, and explaining that I was getting bombarded with fake applications, and if they knew why, I learned a lot. The system is so overrun, that people can submit these apps, show unemployment they are in fact "trying to work", and their benefits continue. Obviously pissed, I asked how I could report these people. It completely falls on the lap of the business. For each claim I wanted to make on these frauds, it was 5-6 pages of paperwork that I had to fill out! I would be looking at hundreds of pages of paperwork every week, just to report crappy people to unemployment. And in these times when we're already understaffed and busier than ever, it just wasn't feasible. To make sense of that, I was literally considering hiring another bookkeeper just to follow up on these phony applicants. So I had to hire someone to show why it was that I couldn't hire anyone! Obviously not doing that, I had no choice but to just ignore the phony apps, knowing full well they were sending these to all of the businesses hiring, and sitting on unemployment.

Like I said, there are probably many reasons people aren't working. This is just my experience. But people got a little taste of making money sitting at home, and I believe many are doing whatever necessary to keep that going as long as they can.

It's a mess.
......THIS.

Compounding these issues are wage/housing problems and lack of childcare. Its a complete mess across the entire spectrum. You have people that want to work that can't necessarily afford child care (Very few people will work to make $30-$50 a day after they pay child care). You have people that are gaming the unemployment system (although i think this number is shrinking, in my experience). You also have all the social programs that are "paying" people more to stay at home than they would make in the work force, between reduced housing, food stamps, government benefits etc. some people chose to not work or work reduced hours to get those benefits. It takes an able bodied person out of the work force - which also hurts.

Lots of reasons and you hit many on the head. Its definitely tough to own/run a business now days.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level