IS UM any good?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: IS UM any good?

Post by catgradtimes2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:38 pm

No. /thread

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:40 pm

golden77 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:15 pm
Have you noticed how Robbie Hauck dog piles every time he's close to a play
You must be new here :lol: 8)

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MTnative » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:17 pm

Watching the UI-griz game and I can't take listening to Grady Bennett's homer bull$!@# commentary anymore. I get it, you're an alum and former player. But have some journalistic integrity and call the game without spewing hyperbole at every turn.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 pm

MTnative wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:17 pm
Watching the UI-griz game and I can't take listening to Grady Bennett's homer bull$!@# commentary anymore. I get it, you're an alum and former player. But have some journalistic integrity and call the game without spewing hyperbole at every turn.
What's he doing calling a game at Idaho? In any case I had to change it. I'd rather have my eardrums drilled out.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm

Booby Hawk the a$$. Up 20 with 22 seconds left and he's trying to score a touchdown.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Blackfoot Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Blackfoot Griz » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm

catscat wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 pm
Booby Hawk the a$$. Up 20 with 22 seconds left and he's trying to score a touchdown.
Cautiously wading into enemy territory here...

In this case, I don't blame Hauck. The game was in the bag and Petrino calls an onside kick. While everybody questions the BSC officials, this game was awful. For some unknown reason, the play review system didn't work.
I didn't see the MSU-UNC game, but it sounds like UNC is as dirty as Idaho.
Cats are on a roll and this Griz hopes you slobberknock the hell out of Idaho when your turn comes.

Good luck the rest of the way and stomp Idaho.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Blackfoot Griz wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm
catscat wrote:

In this case, I don't blame Hauck. The game was in the bag and Petrino calls an onside kick. While everybody questions the BSC officials, this game was awful. For some unknown reason, the play review system didn't work.
Cats are on a roll and this Griz hopes you slobberknock the hell out of Idaho when your turn comes.

I agree. It’s fun to pile on Bobby and the griz but Petrino is an embarrassment. Even his own fanbase can’t stand him.

In my opinion when you do an onside kick in that situation you’re telling your team and the opponent it’s still a ballgame. And I don’t have an issue with that at all. I don’t even blame a tool like petrino for doing that. All that said, if you’re mindset is that it’s still a game, I have no issue with the other coach acting like it’s still a game and going down and trying to score. You wanna risk giving away amazing field position by kicking it onsides, except the risk that the team will take advantage of that risk and try to score.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:52 pm

Blackfoot Griz wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm
catscat wrote:

Agreed. The only criticism I'd have of Hauck in that situation would be pointlessly exposing his players to potential injury by continuing to try and score instead of taking a knee and getting out of there.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:38 pm

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 pm

iaafan wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:38 pm
Is that picture supposed to be an example of a "tackle"? It looks like he's running to touch a guy that's already down.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:40 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 pm
iaafan wrote:
Is that picture supposed to be an example of a "tackle"? It looks like he's running to touch a guy that's already down.
The irony of that picture is astounding. I'd wager 1/3 of his career "tackles" look something like this... Just being near the ball carrier and getting credit for a half or full tackle. If I were Dante Olson - one of the best pure football players to play in the BSC - I'd be pissed if a scrub like RH broke my all time tackle record.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:15 am

coloradocat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
This thumbnail on the tweet is pretty telling. In the next fraction of a second, the Idaho guy will be down. Whoever the grizz player just off the frame should probably get the credit, but alas, he won't. The 17 will simply jump on the already down Idaho guy and get the stat. This happens all the time over there. Juniors' numbers are complete and total nonsense.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:50 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:40 pm
coloradocat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
The irony of that picture is astounding. I'd wager 1/3 of his career "tackles" look something like this... Just being near the ball carrier and getting credit for a half or full tackle. If I were Dante Olson - one of the best pure football players to play in the BSC - I'd be pissed if a scrub like RH broke my all time tackle record.
Perfectly said. =D^ =D^ =D^

GO CATS GO!!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 pm

iaafan wrote:
Robby was credited with 2 tackles on the play in the photo.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:05 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:52 pm

Agreed. The only criticism I'd have of Hauck in that situation would be pointlessly exposing his players to potential injury by continuing to try and score instead of taking a knee and getting out of there.
Agreed; I was thinking that at the time, too. I understand why Bobby tried to score at the end; he was pissed about the onside kick. I was too, to be honest. We could have just as easily lost someone from our defense or special teams defending against Idaho's onside kick and the ensuing possession. It would've sucked if we'd have lost an offensive player at the end, though.

And not to pile on, but Idaho really is a dirty team. As hard as it is for me to ever cheer for the Cats, in this case I might not mind seeing your guys deliver an epic beatdown.

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 pm

MTnative wrote:
He’s not a journalist.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 pm
MTnative wrote:
He’s not a journalist.
He's not, and he's not supposed to be. He's paid by the university (maybe via Learfield, but through an agreement with the university). I think ESPN+ just picks up the audio from one feed. I'm not personally a fan of GB but I think he's doing just what he's supposed to be doing as a radio/TV analyst on the school's payroll. Most universities have a homer in that seat and some are way worse than him.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:50 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
He’s not a journalist.
He's not, and he's not supposed to be. He's paid by the university (maybe via Learfield, but through an agreement with the university). I think ESPN+ just picks up the audio from one feed. I'm not personally a fan of GB but I think he's doing just what he's supposed to be doing as a radio/TV analyst on the school's payroll. Most universities have a homer in that seat and some are way worse than him.
Yeah, I’d agree with that. MSU has had homer announcers too, it’s just the name of the game.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:50 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
He’s not a journalist.
He's no Scott Gurnsey....haha

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:56 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
He’s not a journalist.
Scott Guernsey was much worse. So much so that some of the fan base turned on him for being an ignorant A$$. Bennet is certainly annoying, but at least he can speak coherent sentences, and isn't a pathetic POS that Guernsey is.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG