Rolovich Terminated

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Rolo out at WSU

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 am
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:47 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:25 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm
MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:39 pm
It’s a sad day in America. Firing people because they are unvaccinated is ******. Freedoms are under attack and it’s absolutely nuts people are just falling in line with it. I’m glad he stood his ground and didn’t cave. That ****** of a state isn’t gonna have any cops to fight off the fruity liberals when they burn down their own towns and cities. It’s almost comical because states like Washington, Oregon, California are gonna eat themselves and they don’t even know it. What a bunch of sheep marching one by one to the cliff.
Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

Rolovich quit on his players. They deserve better.
YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.
Not sure what YGBSM means.

If you had refused the smallpox vaccine, you would have been discharged with other than honorable circumstances. And if it left your unit high and dry, like Rolovich quitting mid season, yes.
Your myopic view of the world, and leadership, is noted.

I personally know five people that have exemptions for that very vaccine. They're collecting retirement checks after 20 year careers.
Of course there are exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Rolovich didn't meet those standards. Presumably, the 5 people you know did. Big difference.
Rolovich was claiming a religious exemption.
And it was denied.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 am
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
It’s a sad day in America. Firing people because they are unvaccinated is ******. Freedoms are under attack and it’s absolutely nuts people are just falling in line with it. I’m glad he stood his ground and didn’t cave. That ****** of a state isn’t gonna have any cops to fight off the fruity liberals when they burn down their own towns and cities. It’s almost comical because states like Washington, Oregon, California are gonna eat themselves and they don’t even know it. What a bunch of sheep marching one by one to the cliff.
Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.

If you had refused the smallpox vaccine, you would have been discharged with other than honorable circumstances. And if it left your unit high and dry, like Rolovich quitting mid season, yes.

I personally know five people that have exemptions for that very vaccine. They're collecting retirement checks after 20 year careers.
Of course there are exemptions for medical and religious reasons. Rolovich didn't meet those standards. Presumably, the 5 people you know did. Big difference.
In Washington of all places. He had no chance.
WSU has granted hundreds of religious exemptions. I don’t know why he was denied, but probably because it wasn’t bona fide…if he’s taken vaccinations in the past, but all of a sudden changed his mind in the last year, it’s not likely to be granted.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 am
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Grow up.

YGBSM.

And it was denied.
So your earlier statement is not correct. You claimed that all he needed was a religious exemption. He claimed a “religious exemption” and the state said “not good enough”. So to recap, in this instance, a religious exemption was not sufficient.

Now before you go and try to argue what a religious exemption is, I will ask you who has the power to make such a judgement? What if those people in power said that “we don’t recognize Catholicism as valid”? It is a slippery slope when government officials can say what is acceptable religion and what isn’t.

I hope Rolovoch sues the school for wrongful termination and gets a boatload of money. Whether you are for the vaccine or not, being vaccinated is not a physical requirement for a coaching position.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rolovich Terminated

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 pm

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/sc ... %20rows%20

Most states have detailed out what they consider a valid religious exemption to be. People need to be able to show how what they're claiming meets their state's criteria.

In Rolovich's case, he's already told people why he isn't getting vaccinated and it doesn't appear to have anything to do with religion. He's Catholic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/wh ... uxbndlbing
Last edited by TomCat88 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 pm

onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 am
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Grow up.

YGBSM.

In Washington of all places. He had no chance.
WSU has granted hundreds of religious exemptions. I don’t know why he was denied, but probably because it wasn’t bona fide…if he’s taken vaccinations in the past, but all of a sudden changed his mind in the last year, it’s not likely to be granted.
Check your facts here. You've vomited nothing but hatred for this guy but it is not clear why he was terminated.

At the 9:00 or so mark of Chun's statement, the following exchange occurs:

Reporter: "Were the exemptions declined or perhaps approved and then the accomodations weren't met?"

Chun: "...it was relatively simple...the accomodation request was denied..."

Chun did not expand but it can be legally inferred that the religious exemption was granted because of what Chun says. The 2nd step (accomodations) after the 1st step (granting the religious exemption) is to have a 2-person panel decide that when the religious exemption has been granted, can accomodations be made that would allow him to fulfill his coaching contractual obligations. Such accomodations would be social distancing, wearing a mask, virtual coaching, whatever. Chun stating the Rolovich's accomodation request was denied indicates that some activity / evaluation was made post-religious exemption, thus inferring that the request was approved. You don't need the 2nd step if the religious exemption is denied.

Thus, given the inference that the religious exemption was approved, the issue becomes:
(1) Can accomodations be made
(2) Does the petitioner agree to such accomodations?

Inferring from Chun's answer, Rolovich was never given the chance to approve the accomodation alternative as it was denied, or, it was decided that as a Head Coach of a Pac-12 school the risk of social distancing / masks are too great for someone in his position. Either way, it appears that the decision was out of his hands, even though he applied for and received approval on his religious exemption.

PortlandCat90

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:11 pm

This opens up an entire s***storm of issues. Think of this: what are the legal and HIPPA ramifications of asking this question in an interview:

"Do you have any religious beliefs that would stop you from receiving a Covid vaccine to secure this employment?".

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:24 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:11 pm
This opens up an entire s***storm of issues. Think of this: what are the legal and HIPPA ramifications of asking this question in an interview:

"Do you have any religious beliefs that would stop you from receiving a Covid vaccine to secure this employment?".
I don't think it opens up any issues, it's pretty clear. Of course, you wouldn't word a question like that, you would simply ask if they are able to fulfill all the necessary job requirements, for any reasons. Same as has always been the case. Speaking for myself, I have a whole bunch of physical requirements that I have to be able to do in order to safely perform my job duties, and I have a bunch of vaccinations that I am required to have with the understanding that as a health care provider, I am potentially exposed to a lot more than the average person. I also get drug tested and have a security check, yearly. None of this is new, people are for some odd reason just making a big deal of it now.

And this has nothing to do with HIPPA. It might if they start asking your doctor for your health information, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening. ](*,)

GO CATS GO!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:31 pm

My prediction for the new coach is Bobby Petrino. He’s at Missouri State currently. He’s catholic, so maybe not since the WSU people might have a bad taste in mouth. He should just put in, cuz if he doesn’t get it he can sue on the grounds of religious persecution.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PortlandCat90

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:12 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:24 pm
PortlandCat90 wrote:

I don't think it opens up any issues, it's pretty clear. Of course, you wouldn't word a question like that, you would simply ask if they are able to fulfill all the necessary job requirements, for any reasons. Same as has always been the case. Speaking for myself, I have a whole bunch of physical requirements that I have to be able to do in order to safely perform my job duties, and I have a bunch of vaccinations that I am required to have with the understanding that as a health care provider, I am potentially exposed to a lot more than the average person. I also get drug tested and have a security check, yearly. None of this is new, people are for some odd reason just making a big deal of it now.

And this has nothing to do with HIPPA. It might if they start asking your doctor for your health information, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening. ](*,)
Solid points. An employment attorney is probably not a bad occupation to have these days (but let me think harder on that one...).

By the way, like your Bobcat logo. I grew up in Bozeman and that was the big logo in Brick Breeden. Looking at it reminds me of Harry Heineken, Mick Durham, Bethel Dubnam, Tryg Johnson, Doug Hashley, Duey Kautzman, Chris Brazier, Kilborn, etc.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:37 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:24 pm

This totally made me think of this video!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:09 pm

It’s really unfortunate how some people have a need to insult those who have a different opinion than them.

We don’t all need to agree. In fact, it’s good that we don’t. Insulting people because of their difference opinion, well, shows a lot about some people.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:33 pm

If Choate were to get a HC position, do we think he'd take any of our current assistants?

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:05 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:33 pm
If Choate were to get a HC position, do we think he'd take any of our current assistants?
No

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:00 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:

Not a single issue whatsoever. You would struggle to find a decent employment attorney that would even take the case (assuming that a vaccination is a bona fide job requirement for performing the job safely).

If someone has a religious objection to serving alcohol, you wouldn't be forced to hire them to be a bartender.

This sort of employment law isn't very complicated, and its been well litigated.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 am
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Grow up.

YGBSM.

And it was denied.
So your earlier statement is not correct. You claimed that all he needed was a religious exemption. He claimed a “religious exemption” and the state said “not good enough”. So to recap, in this instance, a religious exemption was not sufficient.

Now before you go and try to argue what a religious exemption is, I will ask you who has the power to make such a judgement? What if those people in power said that “we don’t recognize Catholicism as valid”? It is a slippery slope when government officials can say what is acceptable religion and what isn’t.

I hope Rolovoch sues the school for wrongful termination and gets a boatload of money. Whether you are for the vaccine or not, being vaccinated is not a physical requirement for a coaching position.
I would say that if the Church that Rolovich claims to be following is crystal clear that theres not a religious objection to the vaccine, it would be hard to win such a lawsuit.

Which, it turns out, the Catholic Church has been clear: There is no religious reason for a Catholic to refuse the vaccine.

Tough lawsuit on that one.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:36 pm

onceacat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Grow up.

YGBSM.

And it was denied.

I would say that if the Church that Rolovich claims to be following is crystal clear that theres not a religious objection to the vaccine, it would be hard to win such a lawsuit.

Which, it turns out, the Catholic Church has been clear: There is no religious reason for a Catholic to refuse the vaccine.

I wish everything in life was crystal clear. Heck, we can’t even agree if Weber is a legitimate top team in the Big Sky.

But you have been serving as “judge, jury and executioner” when looking at the Rolovich claim. Did you ever think that you might be missing some information that could benefit Rolovich in such litigation? The AD gave absolutely no details as to why he was not provided a religious exemption or accommodations. Yet you support his judgement without that information. Your position is largely based on your opinion regarding vaccines.

Did you realize that many religious exemptions were largely based on the churches view that vaccines that used fetal cells in research, testing or production should not be put into people’s bodies? Maybe you should evaluate all the facts before completely discounting Rolovich’s actions.

And for the record, I am pro-vaccine. However, I think people should have a right to choose what goes in their body. He is clearly capable of performing his coaching duties without the vaccine. And I am protected by the vaccine, so his actions have little to no effect on me.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:51 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:12 pm
By the way, like your Bobcat logo. I grew up in Bozeman and that was the big logo in Brick Breeden. Looking at it reminds me of Harry Heineken, Mick Durham, Bethel Dubnam, Tryg Johnson, Doug Hashley, Duey Kautzman, Chris Brazier, Kilborn, etc.
Thanks! I like the new stuff, but I love the old school stuff. Logo, colors, everything. Lots of good memories from my early days, and so much awesome history there.

GO CATS GO!!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:52 am

onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Grow up.

YGBSM.

And it was denied.

IF Rolovich is indeed Catholic he needs to be told that the Pope is vaxxed, the Cardinals are vaxxed, and in a recent sermon he admonished all Catholics to get vaxxed!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:19 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:36 pm
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:
MTnative wrote:
onceacat wrote:

Grow up.

YGBSM.

And it was denied.

I wish everything in life was crystal clear. Heck, we can’t even agree if Weber is a legitimate top team in the Big Sky.

But you have been serving as “judge, jury and executioner” when looking at the Rolovich claim. Did you ever think that you might be missing some information that could benefit Rolovich in such litigation? The AD gave absolutely no details as to why he was not provided a religious exemption or accommodations. Yet you support his judgement without that information. Your position is largely based on your opinion regarding vaccines.

Did you realize that many religious exemptions were largely based on the churches view that vaccines that used fetal cells in research, testing or production should not be put into people’s bodies? Maybe you should evaluate all the facts before completely discounting Rolovich’s actions.

And for the record, I am pro-vaccine. However, I think people should have a right to choose what goes in their body. He is clearly capable of performing his coaching duties without the vaccine. And I am protected by the vaccine, so his actions have little to no effect on me.
Of course I realize that some Religions teach that. And I’m fine with religious exemptions for
Those that do. But Rolovich’s Church doesn’t.

So it makes that particular exemption super hard to defend.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:34 am

Rolovich sues WSU for unlawful termination

https://theathletic.com/news/nick-rolov ... Cbcg8gTuX/

Article may be behind a paywall, but you get the gist