Rolovich Terminated

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Rolovich Terminated

Post by MTnative » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:01 pm
Maybe WSU and LSU can swap coaches.
Ed Orgeron would hate every single minute living in Wokington.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Rolo out at WSU

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm

MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:39 pm
It’s a sad day in America. Firing people because they are unvaccinated is ******. Freedoms are under attack and it’s absolutely nuts people are just falling in line with it. I’m glad he stood his ground and didn’t cave. That ****** of a state isn’t gonna have any cops to fight off the fruity liberals when they burn down their own towns and cities. It’s almost comical because states like Washington, Oregon, California are gonna eat themselves and they don’t even know it. What a bunch of sheep marching one by one to the cliff.
Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

Rolovich quit on his players. They deserve better.
YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.
Not sure what YGBSM means.

If you had refused the smallpox vaccine, you would have been discharged with other than honorable circumstances. And if it left your unit high and dry, like Rolovich quitting mid season, yes.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Choate would be a great hire, of course. I hope he gets it; still think sark's fate is to be fired because Texas sucks and is headed into a league with Alabama, Georgia, Lsu, a&m, plus the lane kiffin show and a Tennessee program that's likely rising. Texas is an also-ran.
Vaccine mandates are not new, they're not tyrannical, they've been part of our society and our economy for years. Can't go to school, college, most anywhere without proof of vaccination for myriad diseases. Nonsense to claim otherwise, the fact that a vaccine has become a partisan issue is peak 21st century us. We should be done with covid and have built statues to the scientists by now but here we are in good ol Montana, calling up the guard because?? :roll:

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:48 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 pm
Some of the assistant coaches were in his same boat as well. Saturday may be interesting. Nick must be a pretty strong anti-vaxxer. He was the highest paid state employee in Washington.
You don’t have to be an anti-vaxxer to not want the vaccine.
True enough. I know lots of unvaccinated people who aren’t specifically anti-fax.

But Rolovich quit a $3m/year job mid season. Pretty hard to describe that as anything other than anti-vaxx

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:10 pm

MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:01 pm
Maybe WSU and LSU can swap coaches.
Ed Orgeron would hate every single minute living in Wokington.
It's not like he'd be living in Seattle. Pullman is spitting distance from Idaho. I'm sure he could still find plenty of girlfriends.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 pm

I hate to get political on here…. I think arguing politics on the internet one of the lowest denominator crap in today’s society.

That said there are quite a few things you could inject into my body for $3 million a year.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Why did you have to post this in the Bobcat football board.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Choate wouldn't be a bad hire. He would never make the program look bad. Great recruiter who knows the footprint well. He's also coached there before so even though leadership has likely turned over since then he knows the school and I'm sure some there know him as well.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 pm
I hate to get political on here…. I think arguing politics on the internet one of the lowest denominator crap in today’s society.

That said there are quite a few things you could inject into my body for $3 million a year.
Rolo definitely has some expensively held beliefs.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm

This is going to turn in to such a political ****** show of a thread...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:15 pm
Why did you have to post this in the Bobcat football board.
I guess I thought the adults in the room could discuss Choate's chances of getting the job. I'll ask next time.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm

MTnative wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:39 pm
It’s a sad day in America. Firing people because they are unvaccinated is ******. Freedoms are under attack and it’s absolutely nuts people are just falling in line with it. I’m glad he stood his ground and didn’t cave. That ****** of a state isn’t gonna have any cops to fight off the fruity liberals when they burn down their own towns and cities. It’s almost comical because states like Washington, Oregon, California are gonna eat themselves and they don’t even know it. What a bunch of sheep marching one by one to the cliff.
Bull spit. People are required to get vaccines all the time for their jobs. It’s a normal part of adulthood and has been for 200 years.

You should try serving in the military & then tell us about all the freedoms that are under attack because of the number of vaccines our men and women in uniform are required to take.

Grow up.

Rolovich quit on his players. They deserve better.
YGBSM.

If I had refused that smallpox vaccination when I went on active duty, would that have meant I "quit on my fellow airmen?"

Get out of here with that nonsense. You're preaching a completely false narrative.
What are you talking about? If you were in the Air Force you would not have had a choice and if you would have used a religious excuss you would be quitting on the other airmen.
I had to put up with the anthrax vaccine and its real side effects.
The state of Washington is merely saying that you need to be vaccinated to work for them. It's good policy. If you don't like it take your freedom and go work somewhere else.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm

I get both sides of the argument.

What I don’t get is when people equate mandates for these vaccines with long-standing vaccines that have decades long longitudinal studies demonstrating their safety.

Surely there’s a difference.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:31 pm

Choate would not be a good hire at WSU. He is a great recruiter but not super good at coaching up lesser athletes which is needed to succeed at WSU. Even he is not going to out recruit USC, UCLA, Stanford, Washington and Oregon. Leach was perfect, Dennis Erickson was also good. But Choate needs to be somewhere where he can out athlete his competition.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 pm
I get both sides of the argument.

What I don’t get is when people equate mandates for these vaccines with long-standing vaccines that have decades long longitudinal studies demonstrating their safety.

Surely there’s a difference.
This is 100% where I stand Vigo. If anybody takes time to research the background about this "vaccine", you'll find that it's quite a bit different than any other vaccine in history. I'm not saying it's super dangerous or anything because millions of people have had it with little or no side effects, but it's definitely a different beast from what we've seen.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Some of the assistant coaches were in his same boat as well. Saturday may be interesting. Nick must be a pretty strong anti-vaxxer. He was the highest paid state employee in Washington.
True enough. I know lots of unvaccinated people who aren’t specifically anti-fax.

But Rolovich quit a $3m/year job mid season. Pretty hard to describe that as anything other than anti-vaxx
He didn’t quit. He was fired.

Pucket21
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Pucket21 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm

Choate would do well at WSU. Rolo was hard to get behind because when he spoke it was monotone and looking down at a desk. Choate would rally the alumni well and his defense expertise would get the team competitive. I believe he knows he'll need a strong OC to win at WSU and he has plenty of connections. WSU will finish with the DC in the interim. And Choate will be available Dec 1st before early signing dates.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

No, he quit. He was given the conditions of his job and he refused to do so. Of course, he didn't actually have the courage of his convictions to do the quitting on his own, so he made his employer write his resignation letter for him. Which is even more chicken***

Refusing to do your job is the same thing as quitting.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 pm

I wonder if Boise State is wishing they would have went with Choate? Avalos is under some fire for his losing record and 3 straight home losses.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:37 pm
onceacat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

No, he quit. He was given the conditions of his job and he refused to do so. Of course, he didn't actually have the courage of his convictions to do the quitting on his own, so he made his employer write his resignation letter for him. Which is even more chicken***

Refusing to do your job is the same thing as quitting.
So you're going full on discussion of the issues. You realize you are waving a red flag don't you?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic