Poooooooooooooooooooo

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: Poooooooooooooooooooo

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:29 pm

sdsyvie wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm
Speaking of haucks arrogance, anyone catch his brief past 1st half commentary

The reporter said something like, you're down 14-6, if you had scored touchdowns you would be tied

Hauck replies "wow congrats. You can do math"

I realize reporter's can be obnoxious, but still douchey
Saw that too. Arrogant prick

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:38 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:44 pm
I know we have to hope Sac loses a game or two now, but it still just makes my day to see the griz lose this game.

Today really seemed to sum up that football program. I just saw so much chest thumping today about that 2001 team from friends and on social media. And don't get me wrong--that group should be celebrated--but griz fans (and I believe the whole program) are hanging their hat on the past. There seems to be this assumption that this dynasty will be rebuilt no problem because of what they've done in the past. This schtick of RTD and their general arrogance is just so funny to watch. Hauck still hasn't built anything anywhere he's been. He's done a good job, but he came in after Joe Glenn's success the first time around. This time he's done a nice job, but it's just not an automatic thing just because this is um and they have a great stadium. I talked to two different griz fans last night at a party as they were making fun of the Bobcats for only scoring 13 points at Weber. One said "we're banged up but we shouldn't have a problem stopping Sac St" and the other one said "our D is the best in the country. Tomorrow is going to be fun".
I agree with all of this except Glenn left Hauck a pretty terrible roster. Everything else was set up nicely for Hauck however.

Difference between today and then was strong leadership from the AD, President and a thriving University. Wayne Hogan, Jim O’Day and George Dennison were/still are great guys who did great things for UM. Kant Haslam is whiny asshole who should have been fired in tandem with Stitt and Seth Bodnar is phony robot who had no business running a University - both are totally out of touch with UM’s alumni.

I’ve been high on the Cats for awhile. You guys got an impressive team and clearly have a much stronger, more athletic roster top to bottom than UM. And your University administrators run circles around UM’s.

Problem with Griz fans is no one has the balls call it for how it really is. No one is excited or truly optimistic about UM’s direction. Game day sucks, everything pretty much sucks.

Bobby is the only bright spot. Even though I hate his gimmicky defense and recent recruiting, he gets UM. He f’ng loves the school, state, and Missoula. Thank God we got a least one person like that in a position of power at UM.

RTD and DOLA is a total embarrassment.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:34 am

griz5700 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:38 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
I know we have to hope Sac loses a game or two now, but it still just makes my day to see the griz lose this game.

Today really seemed to sum up that football program. I just saw so much chest thumping today about that 2001 team from friends and on social media. And don't get me wrong--that group should be celebrated--but griz fans (and I believe the whole program) are hanging their hat on the past. There seems to be this assumption that this dynasty will be rebuilt no problem because of what they've done in the past. This schtick of RTD and their general arrogance is just so funny to watch. Hauck still hasn't built anything anywhere he's been. He's done a good job, but he came in after Joe Glenn's success the first time around...
I agree with all of this except Glenn left Hauck a pretty terrible roster. Everything else was set up nicely for Hauck however.

Difference between today and then was strong leadership from the AD, President and a thriving University. Wayne Hogan, Jim O’Day and George Dennison were/still are great guys who did great things for UM. Kant Haslam is whiny asshole who should have been fired in tandem with Stitt and Seth Bodnar is phony robot who had no business running a University - both are totally out of touch with UM’s alumni.

I’ve been high on the Cats for awhile. You guys got an impressive team and clearly have a much stronger, more athletic roster top to bottom than UM. And your University administrators run circles around UM’s.

Problem with Griz fans is no one has the balls call it for how it really is. No one is excited or truly optimistic about UM’s direction. Game day sucks, everything pretty much sucks.

Bobby is the only bright spot. Even though I hate his gimmicky defense and recent recruiting, he gets UM. He f’ng loves the school, state, and Missoula. Thank God we got a least one person like that in a position of power at UM.

RTD and DOLA is a total embarrassment.
Yours is definitely an outlier perspective, g5700, and almost makes me feel sympathetic for the plight of UM. We went through a stale period of coaching, followed by controversial periods of resurgence along with a ho-hum ADept for a couple of decades. It led to MSU being the “little brother”.

We’ve definitely been enjoying somewhat of a “golden” age since Cruzado arrived and provided her holistic approach to running a land grant university. Costello has been another breath of fresh air to the culture at MSU. I intend to savor every minute of it… both in the classrooms and on the playing fields. But I definitely feel for pragmatic UM alums who are cognizant of the current situation out west. #NoFun

…that being said, I hope the Griz finish under .500 and sell a lot of Bobcat jerseys out of the UM bookstore this year! 🥸

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:52 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:

Today really seemed to sum up that football program. I just saw so much chest thumping today about that 2001 team from friends and on social media. And don't get me wrong--that group should be celebrated--but griz fans (and I believe the whole program) are hanging their hat on the past. There seems to be this assumption that this dynasty will be rebuilt no problem because of what they've done in the past. This schtick of RTD and their general arrogance is just so funny to watch. Hauck still hasn't built anything anywhere he's been. He's done a good job, but he came in after Joe Glenn's success the first time around. This time he's done a nice job, but it's just not an automatic thing just because this is um and they have a great stadium. I talked to two different griz fans last night at a party as they were making fun of the Bobcats for only scoring 13 points at Weber. One said "we're banged up but we shouldn't have a problem stopping Sac St" and the other one said "our D is the best in the country. Tomorrow is going to be fun".
Their success was so long ago that I had completely forgotten that Bobby did not win even one national championship. Correct? I think I remember three losses. Return to dominance? Have to ask the Bison for the definition of dominance.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:33 am

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:22 pm

CatBot wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:26 pm
Pretty sure Bobby prepared for Dotson all week.
:lol: :lol:

imacat

Post by imacat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:31 pm

griz appeared pretty lackluster in all phases of the game yesterday and apparently their depth is questionable. I guess freshmen can't make an impact on the game if they play for the griz either...Cat-griz should be fun!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm

I've been saying it since they hired him back. Hauck is not the right man for the job there. What happens if he loses to MSU again? I don't think a UM coach has lost three straight to MSU since maybe Donovan.

If they don't show marked improvement, they might lose at Idaho this week and at NAU down the road. Since returning they have two big wins. Weber State in 2019 at home (a game WSU was completely banged up and sat a bunch of players; they then lost to them a few weeks later in Ogden) and UW, which is proving to have been not much of an upset. The Huskies are now 2-4 with one win over Ark. State, which has no wins over FBS opponents this year and is 1-5.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:50 pm

iaafan wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm
I've been saying it since they hired him back. Hauck is not the right man for the job there. What happens if he loses to MSU again? I don't think a UM coach has lost three straight to MSU since maybe Donovan.

If they don't show marked improvement, they might lose at Idaho this week and at NAU down the road. Since returning they have two big wins. Weber State in 2019 at home (a game WSU was completely banged up and sat a bunch of players; they then lost to them a few weeks later in Ogden) and UW, which is proving to have been not much of an upset. The Huskies are now 2-4 with one win over Ark. State, which has no wins over FBS opponents this year and is 1-5.
Even though Idaho got ass blasted this week, I think they’re actually not too bad. At least improved over the past couple years. This will be no gimme game for the griz.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:28 pm

What's the statute of limitations on referring to your team as a "perennial power"? Is that still ok after it's been more than a decade since you won a conference championship? 20 years?

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:37 pm

What does DOLA stand for?

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

tdub

Post by tdub » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:46 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:37 pm
It was Dominant Offensive Line Attitude. But most recently, Driven Over Like Air

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:24 pm

tdub wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:46 pm
WeedKillinCat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:37 pm
It was Dominant Offensive Line Attitude. But most recently, Driven Over Like Air
I though griz called it: deeply offended, laughed at.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:37 pm

Secret footage of Bill Speltz pumping out another go griz article.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:31 pm
griz appeared pretty lackluster in all phases of the game yesterday and apparently their depth is questionable. I guess freshmen can't make an impact on the game if they play for the griz either...Cat-griz should be fun!
If they drop another game I would bet quite a few affordable tickets will come available to the game.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:00 pm

iaafan wrote:

I don't know how to bolden, highlight words, sentences. But back to "um coach has not lost three straight to MSU", over on that other site one poster said something about bobbie has not been able to bring in his own players yet. That he is still using stitt's recruits. Isn't it now 4 years since stitt left. I think a seven year plan was mentioned to allow hauck to build his team. Don't think I read it wrong. Someone is delusional over there...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:13 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:00 pm
iaafan wrote:

I don't know how to bolden, highlight words, sentences. But back to "um coach has not lost three straight to MSU", over on that other site one poster said something about bobbie has not been able to bring in his own players yet. That he is still using stitt's recruits. Isn't it now 4 years since stitt left. I think a seven year plan was mentioned to allow hauck to build his team. Don't think I read it wrong. Someone is delusional over there...
Stitt was fired 2 days after Cat griz 2017. Boobie was hired in December I believe.
So it's been just a bit less than 4 years.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:13 pm
RickRund wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Stitt was fired 2 days after Cat griz 2017. Boobie was hired in December I believe.
"Do coaches get a free year of eligibility for the 2020 Covid year? Asking for a friend."

Robert H., Missoula

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:13 pm
RickRund wrote:
iaafan wrote:

"Do coaches get a free year of eligibility for the 2020 Covid year? Asking for my dad"

Robbie H., Missoula
There, I fixed it for you.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back