Eastern Washington Looking at Cutting Football and/or Athletics

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Eastern Washington Looking at Cutting Football and/or Athletics

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:43 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm
John K wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:58 pm

Yes, people are just flocking to places like Buffalo and Cleveland, right? Seriously, I love Bozeman as much as anyone and the Gallatin Valley has a lot going for it, but I have to agree with Long Time Cat here. Give me the milder and much shorter winters of Boise any day of the week. There is a reason people are leaving the northeast and upper midwest, for the south and southwest....most people prefer warm weather. I've spent a lot of time in Boise for my job over the last 20 years, and it has grown immensely during that time. I believe the population of the Treasure Valley is about 750,000 now. I'm sure Bozeman will continue to grow for the foreseeable future, but I don't see it being anywhere close to 750,000 in 20 years, or even half that. It's taken more than 20 years for Gallatin County to double it's population to the approximately 110,000 that it is now, and if it doubled again over the next 20, that wouldn't even get it to 250,000. It will probably pass Missoula County to become the 2nd largest in Montana within another 5 years or so, but that still leaves it a long ways from catching Yellowstone County, let alone the Treasure Valley.
After attending the first two Big Sky basketball tournaments in Boise in March, I will say their weather at that time was amazingly nice and a very good reason to go to the tournament.

The Boise area's growth is incomprehensible. This blew me away: Meridan, which is about the same distance from Boise that Belgrade is to Bozeman, had just under 10,000 people in 1990 (almost exactly the same size Belgrade is right now). 30 years later, Meridian has 129,000 people!
Better learn to speak Kalifornian, Gallatin County.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."