Colt Brennan passes away, 37

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Colt Brennan passes away, 37

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Former Heisman finalist who quarterbacked Hawaii to a 12-0 regular season and the Sugar Bowl dies in rehab.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Colt Brennan passes away, 37

Post by PapaG » Tue May 11, 2021 4:50 pm

He apparently didn’t die in rehab. He was sent to a detox facility that was full, they denied him entrance, and he died from alcohol withdrawal from what I read. You can’t go from drinking a half-gallon of vodka a day to nothing cold turkey if you’ve been using for years without a controlled detox setting, and even that doesn’t always work.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 pm

PapaG wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:50 pm
He apparently didn’t die in rehab. He was sent to a detox facility that was full, they denied him entrance, and he died from alcohol withdrawal from what I read. You can’t go from drinking a half-gallon of vodka a day to nothing cold turkey if you’ve been using for years without a controlled detox setting, and even that doesn’t always work.
Another article said he was in a hotel with others and injested a fentanyl laced item. Went to hospital and was turned away because they didn't have a bed. Slipped into a coma and didn't come out of it alive.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 am

PapaG wrote:
Our Grandson in Law was a massive alcoholic for probably 17-18 years, starting at about 14. Picture of a functioning alcoholic. He has been clean except for one small stumble for around two years after he moved here to Idaho. He tried cold turkey a couple of times and flat-lined several times. A very good feel good story. We are very proud of his progress.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 am
PapaG wrote:
Our Grandson in Law was a massive alcoholic for probably 17-18 years, starting at about 14. Picture of a functioning alcoholic. He has been clean except for one small stumble for around two years after he moved here to Idaho. He tried cold turkey a couple of times and flat-lined several times. A very good feel good story. We are very proud of his progress.
I lost a good friend from a few years ago because he couldn’t stop drinking. Star QB at West and star 2B for the Scarlets and he ended up killing himself because he felt he was a burden to all of us.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Mr. Brennan was the guy I thought if when the topic of best passing quarterback came up. Hawaii has not even remotely come anywhere near the performance of Colt's last college year. RIP.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat May 22, 2021 8:49 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 pm
Mr. Brennan was the guy I thought if when the topic of best passing quarterback came up. Hawaii has not even remotely come anywhere near the performance of Colt's last college year. RIP.
That offense put up video game numbers the entire season. They were fun to watch for sure.