How about those Tarheels?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

How about those Tarheels?

Post by rtb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:11 pm

Did anyone else catch that game? WOW! What a great game and a great day to be a UNC fan!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: How about those Tarheels?

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:16 pm

rtb wrote:Did anyone else catch that game? WOW! What a great game and a great day to be a UNC fan!
What a great game! One of the talk radio guys here in Portland was saying that McCants may have hepatitis and if this is true will be out for the season. Hopefully for the heels, this isn't true.

rtb

Post by rtb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:50 pm

Yeah, the mysterious intestine ailment has me worried. No one seems to be willing to say what the problem really is. I hope for his sake that he can comeback from it!

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatfaninGA » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:48 pm

Too bad Clemson is going to take out Roy's boys in the ACC tournament this Friday.

I'm going to puke if unc is #1 when the latest rankings come out also. Any team that gets beat by Weber State is my favorite!

rtb

Post by rtb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:17 pm

CatfaninGA wrote:Too bad Clemson is going to take out Roy's boys in the ACC tournament this Friday.

I'm going to puke if unc is #1 when the latest rankings come out also. Any team that gets beat by Weber State is my favorite!
UNC was just doing their part to help the Big Sky get some recognition!! :roll:

There is no way Clemson beats UNC Friday, but at least I know we have a friendly rivalry building!! :D UNC will be number 1 this week and they will also win the tournament(Now I may be getting ahead of myself, but I can dream right?)

Go Heels!

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:16 am

I'm quite proud of Clemson's record vs. the Holes in the Chapel Hill, 0-51 is a pretty impressive stat. ugh.

One day, one day.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:12 am

I am very happy with this years N.C. team. I just wish they could have beaten that Duke team twice. Well maybe they will get the chance in the conference tourney :twisted:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:40 am

Isn't the ACC touney sort of meaningless for UNC at this point? According to guys at ESPN (they know everything right?) UNC is a lock for a No. 1 seed-so is Wake Forest.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:49 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Isn't the ACC touney sort of meaningless for UNC at this point? According to guys at ESPN (they know everything right?) UNC is a lock for a No. 1 seed-so is Wake Forest.
Actually yea! I think the Acc can Tournet can only hurt UNC. At this point !
I hope they get throught it injury free!

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:53 am

The ACC Basketball tournament is the BEST tournament to watch year in and year out. At one point during the season 5 ACC teams were in the top 10, then conference play began and everyone started beating up on each other.

This year the conference tournament moves to Washington DC at the MCI Center. Sorry commish Swofford, your stranglehold on having the tournament on UNC, Dook, WF, NCSU home court advantage will have to take a year off.