Capital One Contest

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Capital One Contest

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:01 am

Don't forget to VOTE for Monte ;) wink ;) wink ;) wink

http://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/capitalone04/results

You can vote once per day!
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:11 am

I see the Cats are mentioned several times in his bio (Yes I took the time to read it). It sounds like the Cat envy you talk about Cardiac has reached over into the mascots now. :lol:

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:51 pm

WYCAT wrote:I see the Cats are mentioned several times in his bio (Yes I took the time to read it). It sounds like the Cat envy you talk about Cardiac has reached over into the mascots now. :lol:
I saw that as well. But was with the part about him liking to beat the Bobcats? He must be talking about the UM badminton team or something.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:55 pm

Well, they just figured out over at esugar how to delete your cookies and vote for Monte the Fleabag multiple times per day, which begs the question:

Do these people have jobs/lives?!?!

GO CATS GO!!!

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:34 pm

Oh come on we're not just voting here for our favorite mascot but for some more needed respect for the I-AA level. Monte is/was the best mascot you've ever seen and deep down you know it!

Knock off this whole 5th grade jealousy thing and get Big Sky Country some more attention.

FTC

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:09 pm

I've voted several times, Monte is awesome, plain and simple.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:17 am

Nick,

You & your fellow griz stooping to cheating over a stupid mascot shows how pathetic some of you are.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Nick
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Nick » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:58 pm

El_Gato wrote:Nick,

You & your fellow griz stooping to cheating over a stupid mascot shows how pathetic some of you are.
What chance do you think people in our area have against, say a mascot from Auburn? Monte is from the least populated and one of the least known areas of all the mascots. If Champ were up there, I know you'd be doing the same thing......You can go ahead and call us pathetic but it won't get you anywhere.

FTC

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:10 pm

The difference is, fans of big (nationally recognized) programs don't get excited about stuff like this and don't rally their entire football fanbase to support the mascot in a "national championship" contest.

That's not to say that there's anything wrong with Griz fans getting excited about this -- it's about the most coverage a I-AA program will ever get (which is sad, but true).

I am quite certain that the mascots that represent the major colleges involved are not getting a lot of traction on their message boards to stuff the ballot boxes. When you're a big time school, this is considered below them, for the most part.

Being fans of the small schools, we just have to take whatever positive publicity we can get.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:22 am

Hey nick,

You don't even know me yet you claim to know that I would waste my time CHEATING for a stupid mascot contest? Share your opinions and cheating ways with us all you want, but don't try to tell any of the rest of us how WE'D act in any certain situation.

I just thank God that we Bobcats have so much more to be proud of than simply our FIRST PLACE football team.

The griz are so terrified that griz football, their only source of identity as a university, is slipping from its lofty perch, they'll pathetically cling to ANYTHING else that might give them something positive to get behind.

I don't give a rip whether the kid in the bear suit does a good job or not; the fact that you people will stoop to cheating over this stupid contest really does show how delusional a number of griz fans are...

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most