NDSU/Griz semifinals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Utcatsfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: NDSU/Griz semifinals

Post by Utcatsfan » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:27 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:39 pm
BULL CRAP the griz player that got BURNT out of his JOCK reached and pulled #82 Jersey in his stomach area and rode it down to his hips and tackled him.

you blind dumb%S*T GRIZ IDIOT
Wow facts hurt your feelings, seriously grow up. I've seen the play from a few different angles and it looks like the NDSU TE was run blocking the entire time and fell down trying to separate. Regardless it was a stupid play call to begin with, want to blame anyone blame your OC.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:31 pm

Utcatsfan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:27 pm
lakesbison wrote:
BULL CRAP the griz player that got BURNT out of his JOCK reached and pulled #82 Jersey in his stomach area and rode it down to his hips and tackled him.

Wow facts hurt your feelings, seriously grow up. I've seen the play from a few different angles and it looks like the NDSU TE was run blocking the entire time and fell down trying to separate. Regardless it was a stupid play call to begin with, want to blame anyone blame your OC.
Why would he block the whole time being only receiver on that side.

Sports is not bigger than life

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:04 pm

lakesbison wrote:

You should SERIOUSLY watch the play again and see just who's jersey us getting pulled BEFORE the pick...

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:04 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:15 am
Griznationalist wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:39 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:14 pm
Griznationalist wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:53 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:35 pm
Look at the ndsu receiver on the right and tell me if that's a penalty or not.

The quarterback handed the ball off, and the “receiver” was masquerading as a blocker on the trick play. That will never be called a penalty.
Never? Then a good defense against this would be to throw all the receivers to the ground.

Pretty dumb play call, though.
82 (TE) initiated contact with 8 (CB), 82 attempts to pull down 8 (offensive holding) and run through him, 8 keeps "clean hands" on 82 through play (within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage is legal), 82 loses balance - 8 disengaged - ball is thrown (in that order, which is important on the call).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes... what film are YOU watching?

No...

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:06 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:28 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:46 am
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The quarterback handed the ball off, and the “receiver” was masquerading as a blocker on the trick play. That will never be called a penalty.
Never? Then a good defense against this would be to throw all the receivers to the ground.

82 (TE) initiated contact with 8 (CB), 82 attempts to pull down 8 (offensive holding) and run through him, 8 keeps "clean hands" on 82 through play (within 5 yrds of line of scrimmage is legal), 82 loses balance - 8 disengaged - ball is thrown (in that order, which is important on the call).
The play looks fine to me, they're both engaged off the bat and they separate and the TE loses his balance. good no call imo, there were way more egregious penalties earlier in the game from both sides.
Sorry, but the TE doesn't lose his balance. He disengages to become a receiver, gets outside the DB and the DB holds on to him with his left hand, resulting in a pull down. That is 100% a penalty. Probably should have been called holding and not PI as the ball wasn't in there air yet.
No. Watch the play again and tell me who's pulling who's jersey? But don't let that fact deter you

GoGriz1023
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GoGriz1023 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:09 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The play looks fine to me, they're both engaged off the bat and they separate and the TE loses his balance. good no call imo, there were way more egregious penalties earlier in the game from both sides.
Sorry, but the TE doesn't lose his balance. He disengages to become a receiver, gets outside the DB and the DB holds on to him with his left hand, resulting in a pull down. That is 100% a penalty. Probably should have been called holding and not PI as the ball wasn't in there air yet.
wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but you're just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
Video proof is hard....even when the DB's jersey is clearly being ripped and then the TE trying to 'throw' the DB off...oh wait, doesn't matter, because the Griz won and THAT doesn't fit the narrative over in kittenville....

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 pm

GoGriz1023 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:09 pm
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

wrong. there's another angle from the other corner of the endzone that clearly shows it was an excellent no call. I don't know how to post twitter videos but its on egriz. In fact, you can see the NDSU TE holding our DB, then flails and tries to get call. its clear as day. I know you really want there to be some reason why the griz didn't deserve the win, but you're just grasping at straws. It was an excellent game and the griz 100% gutted out an amazing win in what will go down as the greatest game in Wa-Griz history. here is the link to the egriz thread that shows the video i think. its the second one down. https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... &start=500
Video proof is hard....even when the DB's jersey is clearly being ripped and then the TE trying to 'throw' the DB off...oh wait, doesn't matter, because the Griz won and THAT doesn't fit the narrative over in kittenville....
I just watched this video about five times and I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Is there a different angle video clip I'm missing? Or perhaps I need to watch it on a bigger monitor and slow way down and go frame by frame? Honestly not arguing, I really don't care anymore about anything Grizzly related. I'm just not seeing any ripped jerseys... unless you're talking about something off the ball?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:34 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 pm
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I just watched this video about five times and I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Is there a different angle video clip I'm missing? Or perhaps I need to watch it on a bigger monitor and slow way down and go frame by frame? Honestly not arguing, I really don't care anymore about anything Grizzly related. I'm just not seeing any ripped jerseys... unless you're talking about something off the ball?
please see the post 3 quotes above in this thread and click the link and watch the video from the other angle right in the corner where it happened.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:43 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:34 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:04 pm
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

please see the post 3 quotes above in this thread and click the link and watch the video from the other angle right in the corner where it happened.
Dude, I don't really care anymore. What's done is done BUT if anything that angle makes it look more like the Griz defender is holding than the others.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:50 am

GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

You might be the dumbest Griz fan in the history of the program. What an absolute stupid explanation. Didn’t know what you guys were talking about so I watched the video. This is called pass interference/holding 99 out of 100 times.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:58 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:50 am
GoGriz1023 wrote:
hilinegrizfan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

You might be the dumbest Griz fan in the history of the program. What an absolute stupid explanation. Didn’t know what you guys were talking about so I watched the video. This is called pass interference/holding 99 out of 100 times.
nah bruh, many cat posters agree it was the right call. but the overall state of denial and jealousy on this board is second to none and I'm loving every second of it.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:03 am

The offensive player initiated the contact. It’s not DPI.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:07 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:03 am
This guy gets it.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:16 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:07 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
This guy gets it.
In fairness, Walker should have been flagged multiple times for DPI against Furman, and the officiating was very inconsistent in the NDSU game.

But, it’s something everybody faces. Good teams overcome that.

If I were you, I’d be more concerned about how much your offense struggled against a very average NDSU defense. If Bergen doesn’t get his returns, it’s not going to be pretty against SDSU. Losing the home field advantage of WaGriz will somewhat lessen the impact of your defense.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:27 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:07 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
This guy gets it.
Exactly.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:46 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
The rule, not in these exact words as I don't have my rule book in front of me, is that an eligible receiver is a blocker until he is no longer a blocker, at which time he is making an attempt to become or has become a receiver. At that time, the defender is no longer allowed to maintain, or make new contact with th eligible receiver, otherwise it is deemed rerouting said receiver, holding, illegal contact, or defensive PI depending on where the ball is at the time of said contact. The fact the TE initiated contact first, while blocking, makes no difference.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:17 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:46 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
The rule, not in these exact words as I don't have my rule book in front of me, is that an eligible receiver is a blocker until he is no longer a blocker, at which time he is making an attempt to become or has become a receiver. At that time, the defender is no longer allowed to maintain, or make new contact with th eligible receiver, otherwise it is deemed rerouting said receiver, holding, illegal contact, or defensive PI depending on where the ball is at the time of said contact. The fact the TE initiated contact first, while blocking, makes no difference.
So he can be a blocker until he decides not to be a blocker and because he's decided not to be a blocker its now pass interference? There was never an attempt to run a route, they disengaged and he fell down. For the love of god... It wasn't DPI. It was the dumbest play call on the planet, guessing House phoned it in for them.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:37 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:17 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:46 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
So he can be a blocker until he decides not to be a blocker and because he's decided not to be a blocker its now pass interference? There was never an attempt to run a route, they disengaged and he fell down. For the love of god... It wasn't DPI. It was the dumbest play call on the planet, guessing House phoned it in for them.
I don't know why you're so angry about it. If you want, take it up with the NCAA rules committee. If a TE blocks to sell he's blocking, then disengages because it's actually a TE screen, are you saying it's ok for the defender to continue blocking/holding/restricting him because he blocked him to start? If you are, you're incorrect. That's a penalty. I'm not arguing it was a stupid call, but by the letter of the law, yes, a receiver can be a blocker, then disengage and no longer be a blocker, giving the DB the same contact rules against them as a receiver running a route straight off the line.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 am

The receiver was also masquerading that he was a ref as he did the fake throw the flag move.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BlueNGoldTilIDie
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BlueNGoldTilIDie » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:54 am

Even if he was a blocker to begin with it’s just like a screen play. You act like you’re blocking and then end up in a screen. Once the offense disengages which 82 tried but was held. It’s not dpi but it is textbook defensive holding. Either way Griz won. Go jacks.