Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Post by cats2506 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Just a couple on the Stadium Music, I don't really have any preferred songs I'm going to suggest, I think some good ones and bad ones have been suggested.

Some songs are have become somewhat of a tradition

Hells Bells for example, I think you should come up with new songs to pump the crowd on third down but at least once a game you need to play Hells Bells when a big 3rd down comes up.

Sweet Caroline; again I don't care but it has some history in Bobcat Stadium and as someone that sits right behind the student section, they definitely get into it and sing along when it comes on. (I still remember it playin in 2010 when we gave EWU their only loss on the way to their national Championship)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:28 pm

tdub wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 pm
There's not anybody who doesn't know and love Hells Bells at games.
Well.....I do, except I like For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica so much better in that situation.
I always thought they should have played “Enter Sandman” whenever Beau Sandland made a big catch or a touchdown.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:28 pm
tdub wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:23 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:50 pm
There's not anybody who doesn't know and love Hells Bells at games.
Well.....I do, except I like For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica so much better in that situation.
I always thought they should have played “Enter Sandman” whenever Beau Sandland made a big catch or a touchdown.
Yes!!! That would’ve been perfect.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:18 pm

The truth is that if you're good, it doesn't really matter what music you play. If you're bad, it doesn't matter what music you play, people still won't be into it. Winning cures all.

I do think Virginia Tech and Miami have some of the coolest entrances though. Speaking of Miami, maybe we could switch Sweet Caroline for 'In the Air Tonight'? The drum solo alone deserves it.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Yes! Can we do a air drum solo video rather than the smile cam? That would be so much better. That's my suggestion. In the Air Tonight' by Phil Collins, and an air drum video.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm

I’d like to hear some hipster Indie tunes. Maybe Bon Ivar or some Blitzentrapper.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm
I’d like to hear some hipster Indie tunes. Maybe Bon Ivar or some Blitzentrapper.
Black River killer was the only song I liked.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:30 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:19 pm
Yes! Can we do a air drum solo video rather than the smile cam? That would be so much better. That's my suggestion. In the Air Tonight' by Phil Collins, and an air drum video.
Wasn’t the smile cam sponsored by a dentist of dental insurance company? I can see the tie in there. Who would you get to sponsor the air drum solo? I’m not knocking the idea, just asking. Air fresheners?

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:52 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:30 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Wasn’t the smile cam sponsored by a dentist of dental insurance company? I can see the tie in there. Who would you get to sponsor the air drum solo? I’m not knocking the idea, just asking. Air fresheners?
Dentist was the “floss cam”

IMO, there are too many lame “cams”.

I get they are money makers for sponsorships, but they are too contrived for me.

Cats92
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cats92 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Big city Merle haggard. From the college that puts the state before the university.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:52 pm
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I get they are money makers for sponsorships, but they are too contrived for me.
Okay, so the Cats have the smile cam, floss cam, the Lion King hold you kid in the air cam, and mustache cam. What else? I’m for any cam that allows the university to gain funds and keep my ticket prices down.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:52 pm
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Okay, so the Cats have the smile cam, floss cam, the Lion King hold you kid in the air cam, and mustache cam. What else? I’m for any cam that allows the university to gain funds and keep my ticket prices down.
Learfield owns the right to all the promo cams, no?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 pm
Please keep Joker and The Thief for Kickoff. Such a great beginning to get fired up!

Can you elaborate as to why Hells Bells is no longer played on 3rd down? It was the perfect song for our incredible Defenses of the past. 2019s Defense could be legendary!

I really like the idea of a griz fan cam during the Cat/griz game. Switching from CEJ to Rick Astley. That would be epically hysterical!
Joker and the Thief is here to stay! Great question about third down song... the last two years, we've really made it a priority to let our defense choose the song(s) that get them the most fired up... it's just a balance to get the crowd hyped, but also make sure the guys actually getting these stops feel JACKED, and sometimes that's a particular song over crowd noise. Hope that helps...

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Well, clearly letting the Defense call the 3rd down song to get them ramped up HASN'T worked! It's time to go back to the experts and let us make that call!!! 8) :lol:

remember the SCOOP!
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by remember the SCOOP! » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:23 pm

How about the MSU band playing in the first quarter?

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Please no more pedophile song AKA Sweet Caroline. I am on the field a lot during the games. Whenever that song comes on, you can hear a collective groan from the coaches and players.

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Phat Daddy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 pm

It’s a rare occurrence, but any forced safety by the Cats should be Men Without Hats and the Safety Dance.

Never ever play Cotton Eyed Joe or Raise a Little Hell. Those are de facto school songs for the West Bonner Junior College.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:26 pm

It boggles my mind that Sweet Caroline is still is on the playlist. There is not a single individual I know or have spoken to that cares to hear this song at a game anymore. You never hear ANYONE say, "Hey, I hope they play a little Neil Diamond at the game today. That will get us pumped up." It has run its course...please let it die.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 am

A couple more just fun, energetic songs that current college students will be familiar with...

JT - Can't Stop The Feeling
Mark Ronson Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
DJ Acivii - Levels

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:24 am

The Git Up——Blanco Brown

Punters are people too!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:38 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:26 pm
It boggles my mind that Sweet Caroline is still is on the playlist. There is not a single individual I know or have spoken to that cares to hear this song at a game anymore. You never hear ANYONE say, "Hey, I hope they play a little Neil Diamond at the game today. That will get us pumped up." It has run its course...please let it die.
And yet every time it comes on thousands of fans are singing along.... :-k