QB Update

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: QB Update

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 am
Get the ball in the endzone with any QB that fits the formation being ran. Giddyup!
Exactly. It's clear GA really doesn't have an idea what our offense is looking like over here. And he's clearly still getting bad info from these "in-the-know" cat fans if heard the offense clicks on a whole other lever with Andersen back there. The dude has taken maybe 5 snaps total the last two practices. Lol.

I'd go even more extreme and suggest I thought the offense was "clicking on a whole other level" when Jonsen was getting the bulk of the snaps. But that's all relative as a lot of guys are gonna get their touches.
Hmmm, you tell me I have no idea what’s going on when I say you’ll have 4-5 guys taking snaps, yet you then admit that a lot of guys are gonna take snaps. Say what? So which is it?

Also one of the top sports reporters for the Cats has already said publicly that the offense is night and day when TA is running it. So it’s not just me saying it.
Nice try. I said it's clear you don't know what we're trying to do with this offense. The fact that you think TA will be the starter mid-season and the fact that you claimed the "offense was really clicking on a whole other level" with him tells me that.

I know how many guys are taking snaps. I said as much after the scrimmage and again the other day. It was a practice in which TA took fewer snaps than probably anyone. So I was laughing at the fact.

Troy could run this offense and it would look awesome. But he doesn't want to and the coaches don't want him to. He'll no doubt take snaps at qb probably every game we play. Some games more than others.

More than anything I find it amusing that you're so convinced that he needs to be in that spot and will definitely be in that spot and claim to have heard as much from great inside sources.

Time will tell. Your claims just don't match what is going on in practice and I've been very impressed with CB and the offense as a whole. The tempo is going to be amazing when it's clicking.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:09 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:39 am
RobertCats wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:36 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:21 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:15 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:47 am
I admit I have no idea what the offense will be like. I’d like to see Bauman get a lot of opportunities and for the coaches to use the game as a trial run. I don’t think that they will. So I’m putting the O/U on pass attempts by Bauman vs TT at 15. I doubt we run a lot of plays and probably punt 7-8 times.
I honestly think you’ll see Bauman a little, TA a little, Kassis, and Jonsen and probably a little Rovig. I have a feeling that will be the case for your first few games until they dial in a true starter and game manager. I still think TA ends up there in the end. I’ve already heard the whole offense clicks when he runs it and on a whole different level than when anyone else does.
:lol:
I feel responsible. If only I hadn’t posted that. I can only hope that this doesn’t go off the rails. :wink:
I’m still not 100% convinced Troy plays vs Texas tech, no inside info just a hunch.
You're not convinced he plays at all or that he plays QB?
If he plays at all. The big stud, heart and soul of our team coming off of shoulder surgery and a season where he took a TON of hits. It’s a game where we have very low probability of winning vs an FBS team and a loss doesn’t hurt our postseason chances much, if at all. I have to think the coaches at least consider holding him out. Risk outweighs the reward IMO.

Or he starts and if the game gets out of hand early they pull him out.
Troy will play in this game. Unless he gets injured between now and gametime, there's no chance he doesn't play.
NFL scouts will want to see the tape of his play vs FBS and/or higher competition, too, so that will help there.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm
wbtfg wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
I admit I have no idea what the offense will be like. I’d like to see Bauman get a lot of opportunities and for the coaches to use the game as a trial run. I don’t think that they will. So I’m putting the O/U on pass attempts by Bauman vs TT at 15. I doubt we run a lot of plays and probably punt 7-8 times.
I honestly think you’ll see Bauman a little, TA a little, Kassis, and Jonsen and probably a little Rovig. I have a feeling that will be the case for your first few games until they dial in a true starter and game manager. I still think TA ends up there in the end. I’ve already heard the whole offense clicks when he runs it and on a whole different level than when anyone else does.
I feel responsible. If only I hadn’t posted that. I can only hope that this doesn’t go off the rails. :wink:
I’m still not 100% convinced Troy plays vs Texas tech, no inside info just a hunch.
If he plays at all. The big stud, heart and soul of our team coming off of shoulder surgery and a season where he took a TON of hits. It’s a game where we have very low probability of winning vs an FBS team and a loss doesn’t hurt our postseason chances much, if at all. I have to think the coaches at least consider holding him out. Risk outweighs the reward IMO.

Troy will play in this game. Unless he gets injured between now and gametime, there's no chance he doesn't play.
NFL scouts will want to see the tape of his play vs FBS and/or higher competition, too, so that will help there.
Unless Troy is damaged he plays. If word gets out the Bobcats are pulling top talent because they are afraid of injury(ies) they can say "goodbye" to money games. The folks in Texas want to see a football game and paid the Bobcats a fair price for the deal. There are no teams I know of who in the opening game hold people out because they think going in it's a probable lost cause. The Cats mindset after spending 3 weeks getting ready for this is "we are going to go down there and kick some ass!" as it should be every week.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:25 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Unless Troy is damaged he plays. If word gets out the Bobcats are pulling top talent because they are afraid of injury(ies) they can say "goodbye" to money games. The folks in Texas want to see a football game and paid the Bobcats a fair price for the deal. There are no teams I know of who in the opening game hold people out because they think going in it's a probable lost cause. The Cats mindset after spending 3 weeks getting ready for this is "we are going to go down there and kick some ass!" as it should be every week.
You must not have heard. I have it from a very good source that Gresch Jensen and Dante Olson will not play for the Griz in their opener against Oregon. It is the Griz way!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Mr Lisle wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

You must not have heard. I have it from a very good source that Gresch Jensen and Dante Olson will not play for the Griz in their opener against Oregon. It is the Griz way!
You're half right....not too shabby.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I would expect that to be true for Jensen.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

I would expect that to be true for Jensen.
".
Not saying your source has it wrong, but I will say, as one of our presidential candidates might say.."I'll see it when I believe it".

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:54 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Get the ball in the endzone with any QB that fits the formation being ran. Giddyup!
Exactly. It's clear GA really doesn't have an idea what our offense is looking like over here. And he's clearly still getting bad info from these "in-the-know" cat fans if heard the offense clicks on a whole other lever with Andersen back there. The dude has taken maybe 5 snaps total the last two practices. Lol.

I'd go even more extreme and suggest I thought the offense was "clicking on a whole other level" when Jonsen was getting the bulk of the snaps. But that's all relative as a lot of guys are gonna get their touches.
Hmmm, you tell me I have no idea what’s going on when I say you’ll have 4-5 guys taking snaps, yet you then admit that a lot of guys are gonna take snaps. Say what? So which is it?

Also one of the top sports reporters for the Cats has already said publicly that the offense is night and day when TA is running it. So it’s not just me saying it.
Nice try. I said it's clear you don't know what we're trying to do with this offense. The fact that you think TA will be the starter mid-season and the fact that you claimed the "offense was really clicking on a whole other level" with him tells me that.

I know how many guys are taking snaps. I said as much after the scrimmage and again the other day. It was a practice in which TA took fewer snaps than probably anyone. So I was laughing at the fact.

Troy could run this offense and it would look awesome. But he doesn't want to and the coaches don't want him to. He'll no doubt take snaps at qb probably every game we play. Some games more than others.

More than anything I find it amusing that you're so convinced that he needs to be in that spot and will definitely be in that spot and claim to have heard as much from great inside sources.

Time will tell. Your claims just don't match what is going on in practice and I've been very impressed with CB and the offense as a whole. The tempo is going to be amazing when it's clicking.
Either your reading comprehension needs work or maybe you need just a little less triggering. Re-read what I said. It was no different than what many others here have said (who you don’t attack for some reason).

I said it is my opinion (yes I’m entitled to one) that TA will be back at QB 3-4 games in after using a bunch of different QBs doesn’t work well and shows that the offense works best with Troy leading it. There’s no doubt a number of others are going to take snaps. And there’s no doubt in my opinion that it goes best with TA. I’m definitely not the only one who has said this or believes it and those people are closer to the situation than me.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Prepare to be wrong GA, and that's ok.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:54 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Either your reading comprehension needs work or maybe you need just a little less triggering. Re-read what I said. It was no different than what many others here have said (who you don’t attack for some reason).

I said it is my opinion (yes I’m entitled to one) that TA will be back at QB 3-4 games in after using a bunch of different QBs doesn’t work well and shows that the offense works best with Troy leading it. There’s no doubt a number of others are going to take snaps. And there’s no doubt in my opinion that it goes best with TA. I’m definitely not the only one who has said this or believes it and those people are closer to the situation than me.
I'll make a bet with you.

TA will not be the starting QB by week 5.

If I'm right, you quit posting here.

If I'm wrong, you can choose whatever it is you wish.

Deal?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:25 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:54 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'll make a bet with you.

Deal?
You guys should do a tattoo bet. Winner gets to choose design and location.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 pm

I am going to go ahead and tell you right now that Bauman is going to get Freshman of the year for the Big Sky. He is also going to put up better numbers then Snead.

Punters are people too!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:19 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:25 pm
I’ll make a bet with you.

Deal?
We already know how dishonorable Griz trolls like GoScatsGo treat being on the losing end of a bet here.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:36 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 pm
I am going to go ahead and tell you right now that Bauman is going to get Freshman of the year for the Big Sky. He is also going to put up better numbers then Snead.

I hope your right about Bauman having a good year, but i rather doubt he will beat Sneed's 2018 production of 2,723 yards (with a very weak OL), and coach Choate operating a run-first offense.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:00 am

codecat wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:36 pm
GoCats18 wrote:

I hope your right about Bauman having a good year, but i rather doubt he will beat Sneed's 2018 production of 2,723 yards (with a very weak OL), and coach Choate operating a run-first offense.
I am not too worried about whether Casey beats Sneed’s 2018 season yardage. My only hope is that Casey has fewer turnovers than Sneed’s total of 12. Our run game will have plenty of yards and if Casey can average 150 yards per game with limited turnovers, we should be okay. Easton Stick at NDSU only averaged 183 passing yards per game last year as well.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:00 am
codecat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

I am not too worried about whether Casey beats Sneed’s 2018 season yardage. My only hope is that Casey has fewer turnovers than Sneed’s total of 12. Our run game will have plenty of yards and if Casey can average 150 yards per game with limited turnovers, we should be okay. Easton Stick at NDSU only averaged 183 passing yards per game last year as well.
I totally agree - i only used those numbers to bolster the argument why i disagreed that Casey would
put up better numbers then Snead
. We will be just fine in our run-first offense if we can put up between 150-200 yards per game in the air, but just or more important is when those completions occur.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm

codecat wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:00 am
codecat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

I totally agree - i only used those numbers to bolster the argument why i disagreed that Casey would
put up better numbers then Snead
. We will be just fine in our run-first offense if we can put up between 150-200 yards per game in the air, but just or more important is when those completions occur.
AGREED!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:40 pm

Casey Bauman gave a press conference earlier today. Here is the video from that. Thanks for checking it out.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:02 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:48 am
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:39 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:45 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:59 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:47 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 am
TA would've never been moved to LB if Choate didn't think CM would be back as our QB. Seems as if less than half of BN understands this. Oh well. Go Cats!!!
This just isn’t true. Almost exactly the complete opposite.
Yep, more evidence that 84 is a loudmouth, arrogant, self important blowhard that can't be trusted.

I think I like Grizaddict better than this guy.

Just saying... :coffee:
Welp... I guess I haven't made a ton of friends on this board yet. Cheer up folks. It's okay to have different perspectives & opinions.

What will the board say to the prediction that TA will be back at starting QB this Fall? This will be the case I think. I don't see either Roving or Bauman being our starting QB when our jet lands in Lubbock this Fall.
Id make that bet all day everyday. Regardless of qb situation, Troy is now a full time linebacker who will get a handful of snaps each game on offense.
I would accept your bet. Please propose your terms.
$100 to winners charity of choice says that Troy Anderson won’t take the majority of QB snaps during the opening game vs Texas Tech.
What happened to @FTG_1984? We are still on for this bet, right?
Good morning @wbtfg. I'd just ask we alter the terms to who will take the majority of QB snaps from Game 1 (vs TT) through the month of September (first 5 games)? If this is not TA through this period, $100 to your charity of choice, and vice versa.
Just want to make sure you’re saving up for this. Check will go to the MSU foundation earmarked for Hilleman scholars program. I’ll match your $100

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:57 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:48 am
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:39 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:45 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:59 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:47 am
grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 am
TA would've never been moved to LB if Choate didn't think CM would be back as our QB. Seems as if less than half of BN understands this. Oh well. Go Cats!!!
This just isn’t true. Almost exactly the complete opposite.
Yep, more evidence that 84 is a loudmouth, arrogant, self important blowhard that can't be trusted.

I think I like Grizaddict better than this guy.

Just saying... :coffee:
Welp... I guess I haven't made a ton of friends on this board yet. Cheer up folks. It's okay to have different perspectives & opinions.

What will the board say to the prediction that TA will be back at starting QB this Fall? This will be the case I think. I don't see either Roving or Bauman being our starting QB when our jet lands in Lubbock this Fall.
Id make that bet all day everyday. Regardless of qb situation, Troy is now a full time linebacker who will get a handful of snaps each game on offense.
I would accept your bet. Please propose your terms.
$100 to winners charity of choice says that Troy Anderson won’t take the majority of QB snaps during the opening game vs Texas Tech.
What happened to @FTG_1984? We are still on for this bet, right?
Good morning @wbtfg. I'd just ask we alter the terms to who will take the majority of QB snaps from Game 1 (vs TT) through the month of September (first 5 games)? If this is not TA through this period, $100 to your charity of choice, and vice versa.
@FTG_1984 bump
Last edited by wbtfg on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.