And your 2019 starting QB is...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: And your 2019 starting QB is...

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:01 pm

I was wondering what that puff of smoke coming from the FB office was. We have a new Pope!!

Congrats to Casey, and kudos to Tucker. We will need both. I'm excited to see what you will do.
Go Cats!

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Bauman wins out...fair enough. I like Rovig and you never know when his opportunity may come! Best of luck to Bauman moving forward!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:41 pm
I heard neither were blowing anyone’s minds and both had their moments of struggle, but the coaches think Bauman has more upside potential. That’s from people at every practice. I actually think your coach made the right decision, but there’s going to be a lot of wtf moments on the field as he’s young and still processing. I think the potential is there.
Did you "hear" this from your well-connected Bobcat friends who saw "at least" 6 interceptions at a practice, which multiple posters here refuted as a lie?
It was 5 picks, they were off one. They said it seemed like 10!
Still wrong. 5 turnovers is not the same as 5 picks.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:59 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm
I have been one of Tucker's biggest supporters on here. I'm very surprised he didn't take this job from Casey...especially after spring ball (where Tucker was clearly better than Casey in my opinion).

Anyway, time to get behind Casey and build around him. He has a howitzer of an arm but now he just needs to learn how to contain it. If he adds more touch to his game, the offense will be in good hands. The biggest positive about Casey? His arm opens up the deep to intermediate passing game more than any QB MSU has put behind center since Prukop.
I'm honestly very surprised. Tucker was by far the best qb in spring. Like it wasn't even close. I really hope that this was a case of Casey improving and not Tucker regressing. That said, I'm glad a decision has been made and we can move forward.
Congratulations to Casey for winning the job! =D^ Rovig as a backup is great for the team as well. We are set now, and let's play some football!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:41 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm
Blake Thelen to Davine Tullis. Blake throws a pretty deep ball. A casual 60 yard bomb.
Casual is a good word for it. He didn't have to wind up his body or really step that hard into it.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:04 pm
Great decision. Excellent rationale. Fantastic response from Tucker. Good point about needing two quarterbacks to get through the season.
I’m surprised you’re so positive here. You seemed to be Tucker’s biggest advocate here, telling all of us how SDSU shouldn’t come into play against Rovig and posting stat after stat after stat in support of why Rovig is so much better than anyone realizes. I said a long time ago Rovig isn’t your guy even though the coaching staff really wanted him to be. The job was all his to lose and he lost it, again. But it’s funny how supportive you are of this decision after all the Rovig rah rah you’ve given here.
I suppose if you think that Rovig is a pretty good player (as I do) or a very good player (as iaafan seems to), the fact that Bauman improved enough to overtake him in such a short time, that's actually more reason to like him than if he had simply beaten out a bad player.
I heard neither were blowing anyone’s minds and both had their moments of struggle, but the coaches think Bauman has more upside potential. That’s from people at every practice. I actually think your coach made the right decision, but there’s going to be a lot of wtf moments on the field as he’s young and still processing. I think the potential is there.
Lol. We already heard from those fans “in the know” that were at every practice....

You act like it’s shocking that qb’s in fall camp had ups and downs. Do you guys in Missoula not have any guys that have performed well and not so well so far? Bet I could make up some fans who’ve been at every practice and will say not all of your guys look amazing. The act is tired.

I said last week it looked to me that CB was the leader in the clubhouse. But it was more to do with just how he led the team. Both guys had moments of looking great. Both made mistakes. Which I’ll concede never happens in Missoula....

I’m pretty happy where we are. The guy who I thought would lead us is in the spot but I like TR as well. Bottom line is outside noise means nothing. The cards will fall where they may. But this Cat will support whoever is leading us and won’t get caught up in meaningless griz trash talk. Like they have nothing to worry about... :lol:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 pm

One thing is for certain. Bauman brings an entirely different skill set than anyone I've seen at MSU. I don't recall having anyone this big AND with such a strong arm AND fairly mobile. Kelly Bradley was pretty big, about 6-4, 225 or so. Rolovich had a very strong arm, but not realy big. Neither were mobile. Bauman moves pretty well.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 pm
One thing is for certain. Bauman brings an entirely different skill set than anyone I've seen at MSU. I don't recall having anyone this big AND with such a strong arm AND fairly mobile. Kelly Bradley was pretty big, about 6-4, 225 or so. Rolovich had a very strong arm, but not realy big. Neither were mobile. Bauman moves pretty well.
Rolo was around 6'3 230 I think.

He wasn't Bauman sized, but he wasn't small either.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 pm
Rolo was around 6'3 230 I think.

He wasn't Bauman sized, but he wasn't small either.
6-2, 224 at his Pro Day. Not really big for a QB. About average height and a lot of that 224 was in his trunk. Not mobile.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am

Bauman is from a small town and school in Washington, but the school enrollment would be in the middle of Class A in Montana. It’s bigger than Beaverhead High in Dillon. Relative to Montana it’s a B school, but they played against schools that have A enrollment in Montana.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am
Bauman is from a small town and school in Washington, but the school enrollment would be in the middle of Class A in Montana. It’s bigger than Beaverhead High in Dillon. Relative to Montana it’s a B school, but they played against schools that have A enrollment in Montana.
*Beaverhead County High

Would be one heck of a school name otherwise.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Great decision. Excellent rationale. Fantastic response from Tucker. Good point about needing two quarterbacks to get through the season.
I’m surprised you’re so positive here. You seemed to be Tucker’s biggest advocate here, telling all of us how SDSU shouldn’t come into play against Rovig and posting stat after stat after stat in support of why Rovig is so much better than anyone realizes. I said a long time ago Rovig isn’t your guy even though the coaching staff really wanted him to be. The job was all his to lose and he lost it, again. But it’s funny how supportive you are of this decision after all the Rovig rah rah you’ve given here.
I suppose if you think that Rovig is a pretty good player (as I do) or a very good player (as iaafan seems to), the fact that Bauman improved enough to overtake him in such a short time, that's actually more reason to like him than if he had simply beaten out a bad player.
Lol. We already heard from those fans “in the know” that were at every practice....

You act like it’s shocking that qb’s in fall camp had ups and downs. Do you guys in Missoula not have any guys that have performed well and not so well so far? Bet I could make up some fans who’ve been at every practice and will say not all of your guys look amazing. The act is tired.

I said last week it looked to me that CB was the leader in the clubhouse. But it was more to do with just how he led the team. Both guys had moments of looking great. Both made mistakes. Which I’ll concede never happens in Missoula....

I’m pretty happy where we are. The guy who I thought would lead us is in the spot but I like TR as well. Bottom line is outside noise means nothing. The cards will fall where they may. But this Cat will support whoever is leading us and won’t get caught up in meaningless griz trash talk. Like they have nothing to worry about... :lol:
Cute. When everyone was going on and on here about Rovig, I said a long time ago he isn’t the guy. I was asking people here when Bauman was going to be named starter. This wasn’t surprising.

I just checked, it was August 4 on the fourth day of camp when I posted Rovig is not your quarterback. Looks like I was right again. Imagine that :)

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Cute. When everyone was going on and on here about Rovig, I said a long time ago he isn’t the guy. I was asking people here when Bauman was going to be named starter. This wasn’t surprising.

I just checked, it was August 4 on the fourth day of camp when I posted Rovig is not your quarterback. Looks like I was right again. Imagine that :)
GA is a 12 year old😳😩🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

GA is a 12 year old😳😩🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
On that note.... How do you ignore a poster??

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 am

Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

An artist's rendering of the day GA loses 150 pounds and could afford this apparatus:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:38 am

Did GA order the code red...

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 am

It’s just so hard being right here all the time. Here’s your next one, Rovig is already looking to transfer out. Like I said, TA back at QB in no time.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 am

I'll be first on the record and say that some guys on the 2019 roster will not be on the 2020 roster.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:10 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 am
It’s just so hard being right here all the time. Here’s your next one, Rovig is already looking to transfer out. Like I said, TA back at QB in no time.
GA is slipping on his duties over on efizz. He use to tell all the new recruits to “prepare to win championships.” I wonder why he doesn’t do that anymore?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:12 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 am
I need some Aloe, that was a hot take!