Holy Hosey

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Holy Hosey

Post by superbobcat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 am

Could we once again have a Freshman Running-back ready to explode onto the scene? I liked the Hudl film on this kid and he has the size and running style to compliment II quite well. Lots of depth in this room. Several guys could carry the load.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Holy Hosey

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:38 am

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 am
Could we once again have a Freshman Running-back ready to explode onto the scene? I liked the Hudl film on this kid and he has the size and running style to compliment II quite well. Lots of depth in this room. Several guys could carry the load.
It’s a very deep backfield. Hosey had five carries for 25 yards yesterday.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:42 am

I'm excited to hear he looks good! But I wonder how much actual playing time he'll get this year with Isaiah cemented as starter plus 2 seniors in Logan Jones and Karl Tucker. The team might be best served if he red shirts.

Also - with TA taking 5-10 carries per game and TJ taking some as well, there's only so many carries to go around. Barring an injury somewhere, I'd love to see Hosey red shirt.
Last edited by 91catAlum on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Running backs get a lot of injuries, if Hosey can add even more depth and can impact games then he should play, another decision for the coaches, and I will trust their judgment. Having a lot of options is a positive thing at the running back position IMO.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Lots of depth, and therefore choices, with hosey. Could use him in the nonconference to save some hits on the others, or play him late when injuries inevitably take a toll. The new rule is great for a position where attrition always happens.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:36 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:42 am
I'm excited to hear he looks good! But I wonder how much actual playing time he'll get this year with Isaiah cemented as starter plus 2 seniors in Logan Jones and Karl Tucker. The team might be best served if he red shirts.

Also - with TA taking 5-10 carries per game and TJ taking some as well, there's only so many carries to go around. Barring an injury somewhere, I'd love to see Hosey red shirt.
I think Hosey ends up being the #2 RB in terms of carries. Jones will get play time, especially on sweeps, trickery, things to get him in space where he excels. Hosey is more of a pure RB like Ifanse is, if that makes sense. I don't see Tucker getting a lot of action, it's a loaded backfield.

Hosey is very explosive, and our offense will need all the explosion it can get. I'm the opposite of you, and hope he doesn't redshirt haha!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:46 pm

91catAlum wrote:

Don’t forget Lane Sumner. Very capable last year and already one of the strongest players on the team.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:00 pm

I’m always a fan of a kid red shirting if it makes sense and they’re able to. A year in the program and the weight room never hurt anyone.

If he’s ready to go and will contribute, then play him by all means though.

Hopefully he can get some action in 4 games to get the experience and take some hits off of the main guys and then maintain his redshirt. I’d like to see him 2 years behind Ifanse if possible. That’d give the Cats 2 years of both of them being a 1-2 punch and then 2 more years with Hosey potentially being the feature back.

That’s speculating a lot though, a ton can and will happen in the next 4-5 years.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:05 pm

91catAlum wrote:

I’m surprised Tucker wasn’t moved back to WR

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Tucker gets on the bus because of his special teams play. Doesn't really matter which position he is at.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:46 pm
91catAlum wrote:

Don’t forget Lane Sumner. Very capable last year and already one of the strongest players on the team.
And don't forget Shane Perry. We literally have too many talented RBs right now for them to all get enough carries. I assume several of these guys will be special team standouts. Think about it, when you look at all the guys in the backfield that will likely get touches.

Ifanse
Jones
Tucker
Sumner
Perry
Andersen
Jonsen
Williams
Fitzgerald?

Hosey... unless he's a phenom like Ifanse as a true Freshman, I'd say limit him to four game or less and red shirt.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!