Alex Singleton

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Alex Singleton

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Just spotted Alex listed on the current active roster of the Philadelphia Eagles. Don't recall seeing this before.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:21 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:39 pm
Just spotted Alex listed on the current active roster of the Philadelphia Eagles. Don't recall seeing this before.
Just for some context, it's the NFL offseason, so active rosters are 80+ names. There are no practice squads or injured reserve. Anyone who isn't on the PUP list is active (and anyone who already is on the PUP list has something really bad wrong with them, physically).

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:45 am

• One of the unknown guys in this camp, LB Alex Singleton, turned some heads today, making three big hits. He popped Josh Adams and Boston Scott in the hole on running plays, and lit up Scott on a pass near the sideline. On the play where Singleton lit up Scott, he received a talking to from Jim Schwartz and Doug Pederson to take it easy. Schwartz then gave him a secret thumbs up. Probably.

Singleton is my pick for most likely guy to get in a fight.
https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-trai ... -day-pads/

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:45 am
• One of the unknown guys in this camp, LB Alex Singleton, turned some heads today, making three big hits. He popped Josh Adams and Boston Scott in the hole on running plays, and lit up Scott on a pass near the sideline. On the play where Singleton lit up Scott, he received a talking to from Jim Schwartz and Doug Pederson to take it easy. Schwartz then gave him a secret thumbs up. Probably.

Singleton is my pick for most likely guy to get in a fight.
https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-trai ... -day-pads/

“Most likely to pick a fight”. Love it, when your trying to earn a spot on a roster it’s good to have some attitude and aggressiveness

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Alex has always played 1 speed (110% aggressive). I'm sure he is not going to turn it off :)

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:03 pm

Sounds like he has made a strong initial impression-

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... camp-heats

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:29 am

Ten linebackers are listed on the Eagles Roster. Four will likely go. Four are FCS; Delaware (7 years), Northern Iowa (5), Eastern Illinois (4) and Alex.
The others: Stanford (undrafted free agent), Wisconsin (UFA), North Carolina (8), Nebraska (3), Florida State (8), North Carolina (8). Both free agents had great careers.
The Cats have had few linebackers in the NFL. Jim Kalafat (AKA Jim Starr), MSU's all-time single season tackle record holder, played for the Red Skins during the 1987 strike season. Mark Fellows made it with San Diego only to have his career ended almost immediately with an injury. Only Cory Wimer, a Bobcat defensive tackle made it with the New York Giants. He was their middle linebacker for eight seasons, starting 64 games. He had 271 solo tackles, 113 assists and 4 interceptions.
Singleton making the team would be an amazing feat!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:33 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:29 am
Jim Kalafat (AKA Jim Starr), MSU's all-time single season tackle record holder, played for the Red Skins during the 1987 strike season.
Laser!

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am

Kirk Timmer had a brief stint. Hopefully Troy Anderson is added to this list.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:43 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Ten linebackers are listed on the Eagles Roster. Four will likely go. Four are FCS; Delaware (7 years), Northern Iowa (5), Eastern Illinois (4) and Alex.
The others: Stanford (undrafted free agent), Wisconsin (UFA), North Carolina (8), Nebraska (3), Florida State (8), North Carolina (8). Both free agents had great careers.
The Cats have had few linebackers in the NFL. Jim Kalafat (AKA Jim Starr), MSU's all-time single season tackle record holder, played for the Red Skins during the 1987 strike season. Mark Fellows made it with San Diego only to have his career ended almost immediately with an injury. Only Cory Wimer, a Bobcat defensive tackle made it with the New York Giants. He was their middle linebacker for eight seasons, starting 64 games. He had 271 solo tackles, 113 assists and 4 interceptions.
Uh, Dane Fletcher. 8)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:38 am

Walk-on wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am
Kirk Timmer had a brief stint. Troy Anderson will be added to this list.
FIFY

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:42 am

I have to say as a Cowboys fan it will be one of the tougher things i'll stomach... cheering for an Eagle (spit) But go Alex!

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:52 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:42 am
I have to say as a Cowboys fan it will be one of the tougher things i'll stomach... cheering for an Eagle (spit) But go Alex!
Similar to when Fletcher was playing for the Patriots, I'm a Broncos fan (not as bad hatred as Eagle and Cowboys), but I would make more time to watch the Patriots play. Singleton is a beast, worst case he is a ST player, if not in the rotation @ LB. Come preseason he'll make his case for making the final cut.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:21 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:43 am
Mr Lisle wrote:
Uh, Dane Fletcher. 8)
:oops: That there is a genuine screw up. He didn't play long enough ago for me to remember 8-[ . And I actually talked to Dane when he was in Bozeman the summer before New England played in Seattle. I had season tickets back then and wished him well when they played the Hawks. Unfortunately that was the season he blew a knee and never got to Seattle.
And digging even deeper....Timmer actually did play for Dallas during the temp employment strike season.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm

Mr. Lisle, I know Ron East only played for the Cats one year but as I recall he played on the edge? Not certain what that "position" would be in a 3-4 or 4-3 today...and did Kollar ever play on the interior in college?

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm
Mr. Lisle, I know Ron East only played for the Cats one year but as I recall he played on the edge? Not certain what that "position" would be in a 3-4 or 4-3 today...and did Kollar ever play on the interior in college?
Yeah, he was an Oregon State tansfer via Columbia Basin Jc in Pasco, WA. I watched East at Dallas, Honolulu and Seattle. He was primarily a special teams guy in Dallas, but lined up behind Bob Lilly and Jethro Peugh as a defensive tackle. The 1969 Cowboy program lists him as a defensive tackIe. I will say he was a maniac on special teams. Very fast for a lineman he was often the first man down on the punt team often causing carnage. He was a DT in the short lived World Football league. He came to Seattle...at the time my back yard and lined up as a starting down defensive lineman. He tried hard!
Kollar was an All-American DT at Montana State. Cincinatti drafted him #1 probably as a DE but you know what? They tried him at linebacker. So there I go again. Starting to look like you couldn't swing a dead cat in the NFL and not hit a Bobcat linebacker. Anyway, off he went to Tampa Bay where he was a really fine DE.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:38 am
Walk-on wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am
Kirk Timmer had a brief stint. Troy AndersEn will be added to this list.
FIFY
FIFY :lol:

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Eagles lost a second LB due to injury today... Will have 5 healthy ones going into first Pre-seqson game. Expect Alex to play a lot next week.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:13 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."