6th Man Club fun

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

6th Man Club fun

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Thursday evening was a great evening for a meet and greet with the 2019 Men's BB team. Lots of positive energy and good feelings everywhere. Team chemistry seems to be off to a good start and the coaches are a real positive force. If you haven't joined the 6th man club, give it some thought. The club is really working hard to have a positive influence on the program and your help would be appreciated.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BobcatDel

Re: 6th Man Club fun

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm

I understand they are going to try to hold some more events so rest of us can get a chance to meet the young men. No dates confirmed yet.

But I did enjoy catching practice next day. They all came by to shake hands after practice so got a quick chance to meet a few and get a first impression of coaches style and new recruits. Lots of energy. Everyone present except Harold Frey who is still in Norway.

Stuck around afterwards and caught a few minutes of girls. Koala was moving well with her knee rehab. Saw a bit of Darian White.

Anyway, 6th man club (men BB) and fast break club (women's BB) both are great opportunities to help the teams.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:54 am

As a member of both the 6th man club and the fast break club it would be great id each could have a little get together before the season on the same day. They don't need to spend much money, I am more than willing buy my own food and drink, but if they could it makes it easier for the out of towners to do a two for one trip!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm
I understand they are going to try to hold some more events so rest of us can get a chance to meet the young men. No dates confirmed yet.

But I did enjoy catching practice next day. They all came by to shake hands after practice so got a quick chance to meet a few and get a first impression of coaches style and new recruits. Lots of energy. Everyone present except Harold Frey who is still in Norway.

Stuck around afterwards and caught a few minutes of girls. Koala was moving well with her knee rehab. Saw a bit of Darian White.

Anyway, 6th man club (men BB) and fast break club (women's BB) both are great opportunities to help the teams.
At what time are the women practicing? In the Brick or in Shroyer? I have an out-of-state fan visiting and would be cool if we could catch a practice. Thanks!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 am
BobcatDel wrote:

At what time are the women practicing? In the Brick or in Shroyer? I have an out-of-state fan visiting and would be cool if we could catch a practice. Thanks!
Wished I could give you an easy reply. Practice schedule and location varies....no firm schedule. Example, last Fridays practice was schedule at 2 pm then bumped up to 11:30 am night before.

They plan to practice Thursday this week with no time and location set yet. Friday currently is set for 2 pm but not sure of location. I will check with Luke on Wednesday and try to post it. They can practice 4 hours per week only during summer school session (with coaching) so practice is short and crisp.... then they must stop "coached sessions" until October.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 pm

mslacat wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:54 am
As a member of both the 6th man club and the fast break club it would be great id each could have a little get together before the season on the same day. They don't need to spend much money, I am more than willing buy my own food and drink, but if they could it makes it easier for the out of towners to do a two for one trip!
Good idea. Will have to suggest it to some of ops coordinators. I think one of the 6th man members donated the food for this BBQ. ...but I bet most folks would be willing to throw in a few bucks to cover costs.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 am

Can we just get the season started! I think the women’s program will be very good this season! I’m predicting a ring!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:

Wished I could give you an easy reply. Practice schedule and location varies....no firm schedule. Example, last Fridays practice was schedule at 2 pm then bumped up to 11:30 am night before.

They plan to practice Thursday this week with no time and location set yet. Friday currently is set for 2 pm but not sure of location. I will check with Luke on Wednesday and try to post it. They can practice 4 hours per week only during summer school session (with coaching) so practice is short and crisp.... then they must stop "coached sessions" until October.
Thanks @BobcatDel. Any heads up you can leave on BN (or PM to me) would be great. I'm really hoping to catch one or two, as I miss most of the season now by heading south. But I’m as much of a fan as ever — since the days of Cass Bauer. Maybe this needs it's own thread.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:

Thanks @BobcatDel. Any heads up you can leave on BN (or PM to me) would be great. I'm really hoping to catch one or two, as I miss most of the season now by heading south. But I’m as much of a fan as ever — since the days of Cass Bauer. Maybe this needs it's own thread.
Men’s BB confirmed back on schedule.....practice at 2:45 pm on Thursday and 11:45 am on Friday in the Brick for those interested. Sorry no word received from Women’s BB. All I can say is that Lady Bobcats practiced after the men last Friday so if you wanted to take a chance they will do the same this coming Friday, the Ladies would be on the court sometime after 1:00 pm.... but no guarantee!!!