PLAYERS?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Re: PLAYERS?

Post by Go Scats Go » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Its amusing to see people say that Danny is recruiting players so much better than Fish did. are they? who knows? is it based solely on a 3 minute video clip of selectively chosen moments? probably. Do I do this, yes. Haha... Everyone looks like a gem til they get out on the floor. Fish's first year we had a couple players that were slower than molasses in January out there... Fish let them go and now people think they have blossomed into premier players... Its all part of what makes it entertaining for me. Watching the recruiting, then watching them play on the floor as a bobcat, under a Bobcat coach.
Could someone translate this for me?

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue May 21, 2019 9:45 am

gtapp wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Its amusing to see people say that Danny is recruiting players so much better than Fish did. are they? who knows? is it based solely on a 3 minute video clip of selectively chosen moments? probably. Do I do this, yes. Haha... Everyone looks like a gem til they get out on the floor. Fish's first year we had a couple players that were slower than molasses in January out there... Fish let them go and now people think they have blossomed into premier players... Its all part of what makes it entertaining for me. Watching the recruiting, then watching them play on the floor as a bobcat, under a Bobcat coach.
Could someone translate this for me?
I will give it a shot...

People are saying that these players are better than what we had. He is saying that none of us have seen them play for the Cats yet, so lets hold off on praising the coach for bringing in "Better recruits than Fish" until we see them play and can tell they are better.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am

or put another way, the glass never gets close to half full...…..

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:55 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 am

With our new team, we should certainly be able to score. I hope we can defend as well.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed May 22, 2019 9:26 am

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:43 pm
GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:39 pm
Who we gonna get? The suspense is killing me. Also is there any fallout? Someone has to be following twitter and has to have some idea what Danny is up to? I mean the Bonton and his buddy look like they are still looking, but how long can we wait. We ended up with a big guy last year that total minutes didn't even equal one game. Fingers crossed!
Nothing official yet but MSU fans will be happy (or should be happy) when the dust settles.
So...now that the "Bonton is our savior" talk has calmed down, are MSU fans happy now that the dust has settled?

PS: You should be. Danny is building a team that can actually be a threat to score at all five positions.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 am

As one who never was that high on Bonton, I always felt Danny would do well. He has exceeded my wildest expectations.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed May 22, 2019 11:39 am

Wonder if he knows Lionel Messi?

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:40 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 am

So...now that the "Bonton is our savior" talk has calmed down, are MSU fans happy now that the dust has settled?

PS: You should be. Danny is building a team that can actually be a threat to score at all five positions.
It’s the first time in several years that I have been more than casually interested in Bobcat basketball. I may even make it to a game or two this year.

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Not sure about scoring, but we won't get pushed around by anyone!

2024 Resume dominance