Danny Sprinkle

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Danny Sprinkle

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:25 pm

Hello Bobcat Nation,

Here is the link to the photogallery of MSU Bobcats new Head Coach Danny Sprinkle...

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gal ... FHpgiZoMY/

Cheers, Felix

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Danny was very emotional until he spoke about his intentions for the program then he confidently discussed his plan. The team seemed pleased and relaxed. Good things are coming!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:58 pm

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Wow... The passion Danny Sprinkle shows for MSU is incredible. I was on the fence before the hire. Not anymore.... Very impressive and I can’t wait to see next years Cats play for him!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:49 pm

Great little summary of the day-love the clip where he greets the players.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 pm

bpcats20

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm

When MSU started the hiring process of looking for a new coach Danny’s name was obviously going to be a favorite. Considering the interest and the quality of coaches that applied, I was a little worried that there would be a lot of pressure to hire Danny just because he was a former player and not the best person/coach for the job.

After watching his press conference I can see how Danny had risen to the top of the list for the coaching vacancy. Definitely right hire at the right time.

I think that the biggest obstacle that Danny will have is getting enough talent to create a lot of quality depth on the team.1. Think we will frontline talent in Frey and Kirby.

Great hire.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:09 pm
imacat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:26 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:14 pm
Love the timing of this. Danny can go to the final four coaches convention and have an opportunity to connect with a bunch of guys about his openings for an assistant coach as well as get a pulse for potential transfers.
If Coach Sprinkle is going to the coach's convention he is going to have to hustle. It began today, the Division 1 Head Coaches Meeting is scheduled for 8:30 - 11:00 AM on Friday, so he obviously will not attend that one.
I think he’s out there now.
Wow, that is crazy!!! I wonder if he is heading back to Minneapolis for tomorrow’s semi-final games??

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:29 am

imacat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:18 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:09 pm
imacat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:26 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:14 pm
Love the timing of this. Danny can go to the final four coaches convention and have an opportunity to connect with a bunch of guys about his openings for an assistant coach as well as get a pulse for potential transfers.
If Coach Sprinkle is going to the coach's convention he is going to have to hustle. It began today, the Division 1 Head Coaches Meeting is scheduled for 8:30 - 11:00 AM on Friday, so he obviously will not attend that one.
I think he’s out there now.
Wow, that is crazy!!! I wonder if he is heading back to Minneapolis for tomorrow’s semi-final games??
:roll:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:35 am

If being able to relate to your players has a significant role in how hard a team plays for its coach, then MSU is in very good hands. Sprinkle saw the highest of highs, some pretty deep valleys and a lot in between during his playing days.

He was a four-year starter, set the 3-pointer record, three-time All Big Sky and had perhaps the greatest Big Sky championship game ever. He also suffered a devastating injury his junior year when he was under cut going to the rim vs. Weber. He fought through a shooting slump that coincided with a drop from first place to the middle of the pack during his sophomore(?) season.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:22 am

So difficult to win in Bozeman. Frankly, I would have been ok with sticking with Coach Fish for another three years. But I am excited to see what Coach Sprinkle can do.

Friday night before the '96 BS championship game I called a friend and said "if we win, we are going". After the win I spent all of Sunday and Monday trying to figure out how to get to Albuquerque. We got there and watched as the 'Cats started 11-4 against Syracuse as Qadry Lollis had a huge game. We got destroyed in the 2nd half but what fun! We have been going to an NCAA 1st/2nd round site ever since. This was our 24th year (we went to Salt Lake). Someday I hope we see the 'Cats again.

Go get 'em coach Sprinkle.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:22 pm

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:24 pm

He has the opportunity of where he has coached to mine some of the fertile recruiting areas of the country. Also it is encouraging to see him not forget about Canada. A couple of years ago the Canadian junior national team won a gold medal beating as US team that had McDonald's all americans on it and future NBA players.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:29 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:35 am
If being able to relate to your players has a significant role in how hard a team plays for its coach, then MSU is in very good hands. Sprinkle saw the highest of highs, some pretty deep valleys and a lot in between during his playing days.

He was a four-year starter, set the 3-pointer record, three-time All Big Sky and had perhaps the greatest Big Sky championship game ever. He also suffered a devastating injury his junior year when he was under cut going to the rim vs. Weber. He fought through a shooting slump that coincided with a drop from first place to the middle of the pack during his sophomore(?) season.
Wasn't the injury in his sophomore season?

2024 Resume dominance

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:13 am

I have to admit that my first thought about this hire was that this was what basically everyone has been begging to get for ten years. Now that you got it, will you still want it?
Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:13 pm
After reading this, I'm stoked. There are people who talk about wanting a coach who runs an up-tempo offense because that's what they like to watch. Full court press and 1-3-1 defense are what I like to watch.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:38 am

Double D's ! Dictate and Disrupt.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Kirk SR
New Recruit

Post by Kirk SR » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 am

As an active booster and Cal State Fullerton alumnus, I wanted to congratulate you on your selection of coach Sprinkle.

In the six seasons that he has been with us, he has demonstrated that he is a positive teacher, a good X's and O's guy, and a good recruiter in the very competitive Southern California area.

Further, he's a good guy and very personable.

I hate to lose him, but I'm happy that he's able to fulfill his dream.

I would think that the future looks very bright for Bobcat basketball.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:44 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:13 am
I have to admit that my first thought about this hire was that this was what basically everyone has been begging to get for ten years. Now that you got it, will you still want it?
Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:13 pm
After reading this, I'm stoked. There are people who talk about wanting a coach who runs an up-tempo offense because that's what they like to watch. Full court press and 1-3-1 defense are what I like to watch.
Sprinkle's stock is riding high, now. Sounds like a description of Class C High School basketball. Not dull, and yes, fun to watch.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Anacomando

Post by Anacomando » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm

I like his energy and his ability to listen and just talk to people! I will say it right now - this is a homerun hire! He will win at MSU and he will will the Big Sky within 4 years. He has it!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:35 am

Of all the HS players I covered in Helena Sprinkle was the biggest Alpha dog. That includes Jason Crebo, Chris Spoja, Tyler Emmert. Laser focused, yet relaxed.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber