Isaiah Ifanse yards after...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Isaiah Ifanse yards after...

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 am

...having two guys or more hanging onto him. How many would you guess he had last year? The stat keepers are going to need to create a new category. He’s a very unique runner that way. I don’t recall ever seeing anyone stay upright and continue moving forward (with the help of his OL) as much as he does. I would guess the offensive linemen love blocking for him just out appreciation.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Isaiah Ifanse yards after...

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am

If he can stay healthy he could go down as the best RB MSU has ever had. Guy is nuts!

Definitely one of the guys I’m most excited to watch this year... cant wait to see what he can do after a year of training and everything. Crazy what he did as a true freshman.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:14 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 am
...having two guys or more hanging onto him. How many would you guess he had last year? The stat keepers are going to need to create a new category. He’s a very unique runner that way. I don’t recall ever seeing anyone stay upright and continue moving forward (with the help of his OL) as much as he does. I would guess the offensive linemen love blocking for him just out appreciation.
I remember one guy who moved piles and drug defenders around the field, Ryan Johnson.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 am

If we can build a solid rotation around him, so he stays healthy and fresh, I think the sky is the limit for him. Yards after contact and the fact that he just has such leg strength. I know the new trend is to spread it out and throw the ball, but I still feel there is nothing better to watch than when a team can rip 5 yards a carry off down the entire field and II is the kind of back to do that. I would love to see an I or Power I formation with RJ Fitzgerald leading the way for him.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am

MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:14 am
TomCat88 wrote:
I remember one guy who moved piles and drug defenders around the field, Ryan Johnson.
Isaiah is great, but he is not Ryan Johnson who is in my opinion the best contemporary RB MSU has had on the field!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am
MTCowpoke22 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Isaiah is great, but he is not Ryan Johnson who is in my opinion the best contemporary RB MSU has had on the field!
He's a true freshman. Give him time, we'll see what happens.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am
If he can stay healthy he could go down as the best RB MSU has ever had. Guy is nuts!

Definitely one of the guys I’m most excited to watch this year... cant wait to see what he can do after a year of training and everything. Crazy what he did as a true freshman.
Absolutely, he was playing the last half of the season on basically one leg with no practice reps. An offseason of training, another year older and (knock on wood) healthy. He is going to blow people away this year......

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am
MTCowpoke22 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Interesting choice of a word there..... :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm

In one of Choate's press conferences or interviews last fall, I found it interesting that he said Ifanse was asking around the shop if any one could get him some old film on Ryan Johnson. My interpretation of that story is Isaiah has himself some personal goals before he's done!
Last edited by arvcat2 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm
In one of Choate's press conferences or interviews last fall, I found it interesting that he said Ifanse was asking around the shop if any one could get him some old film on Ryan Johnson. My interruption of that story is Isaiah has himself some personal goals before he's done!
I interpret your interruption to be checked by your phone's speller.🙀

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm

allcat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:48 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm
In one of Choate's press conferences or interviews last fall, I found it interesting that he said Ifanse was asking around the shop if any one could get him some old film on Ryan Johnson. My interruption of that story is Isaiah has himself some personal goals before he's done!
I interpret your interruption to be checked by your phone's speller.🙀
Edited. My deepest apologies.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:45 am

MTCowpoke22 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
He did and so have others, but not like Ifanse.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 am

Ryno is probably my favorite Bobcat of all time, and he may have been the toughest runner the team has ever had (relax, fans of Cody Kirk and Don Hass; I did say "may,") but Isaiah is the better all-around player. His speed and athleticism allow him to break off more big runs and be a playmaker in the passing game as well.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:48 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 am
I actually agree with this. This kid is already one of the greatest recruits in MSU history.

In Choate We Trust...

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm

As long as he stays healthy, he will one of the best Bobcat running backs ever.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 am
Ryno is probably my favorite Bobcat of all time, and he may have been the toughest runner the team has ever had (relax, fans of Cody Kirk and Don Hass; I did say "may,") but Isaiah is the better all-around player. His speed and athleticism allow him to break off more big runs and be a playmaker in the passing game as well.
Just watched this entire game from 2001. Very enjoyable and a nice way to refresh your memory on Ryno.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:30 am
Just watched this entire game from 2001. Very enjoyable and a nice way to refresh your memory on Ryno.

This is no shade on Isaiah because he is going to be a great one. Glad he's a Bobcat for life! =D^