Basketball Season " The Good and The Bad"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Basketball Season " The Good and The Bad"

Post by SACCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am

Last nights game is still stinging, but thought I would go over the Good and Bad as I see it going into next year

The Good
** Harold Frey---Will end his career next year as one of the all-time great Bobcat Guards
**Devin Kirby---Devin really impressed me this year with his game growth. If he can get some weight on him, his next two years will be special.
**Effort---This team had a never quit attitude that I feel has been lacking the last couple years. They seemed to play for each other.

The Bad
**Defense---There wasn't a lot of it
**Depth---Don't know if it was just the quick hook that Fish used, but didn't seem like we had a bench that could step up, and once Ricketts went down, we really lost a lot.
**Lulls in offense---Seems like we have about a handful of 5-6 minute droughts every game. We go up by 6, then down by 4 in that span.

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Basketball Season " The Good and The Bad"

Post by phantom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am

Frey is a junior. What is his academic status ... can he graduate this spring or summer? If he can, if there is a coaching change, does he stay or go?

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Basketball Season " The Good and The Bad"

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm

phantom wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am
Frey is a junior. What is his academic status ... can he graduate this spring or summer? If he can, if there is a coaching change, does he stay or go?
Good question. I sure hope Leon has already had that conversation Harald :)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz