WBB vs Portland State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Portland State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 pm

I agree with rivercat that I think it is fair game to criticize the team effort/performance, leadership, and coaching. I think it's fine
to praise an individual player's performance, but I just don't like to see fans knock individual players. Maybe discuss their strategies, where they should play and how, etc.

Anyway, yes, I think we will have some pretty good talent next year. We have some good recruits coming in. Kola Bad Bear is a force, if she can get that knee rehabbed. But I agree with other posters that other than Oly, we need some good shooters from the perimeter.

This team needs some toughness and some leadership next year. The potential is there to have a good team, but I guess the thing that has concerned me the most this year has been their lack of consistent effort. I hate to see a game when the players are not diving for balls, hustling, boxing out, etc.

I really like this recruit. If you look at some footage, she is a tough player. Here is a recent writeup:

http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/poy ... DWhite.pdf

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Shout out to Portland State Assistant Coach Keithan Gregg who is a 2004 Cut Bank HS graduate and 2-time Class B state Champ. If I remember correctly he was pretty good tennis player too.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm

There's a lot of Montana influence in this tournament. Skyline Sports wrote:
One of the keys to Idaho’s prolific shooting — the Vandals entered the game averaging a nation-best 11.7 3s per game — is the ability for role players like Natalie and Lizzy Klinker to do the dirty work. The sisters from Fairfield, Montana ran the floor relentlessly, getting rim to rim to help the Vandals dominate the glass and in transition.
Sounds like a couple of these could come in handy. Were they ever on our recruiting radar?

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:41 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:41 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm
The refs do not know that three seconds in the lane is illegal.
That and a lot of other rules. When I see Scofield and his crew of stripes strolling on to the court, I always get this feeling of doom. Why do we get him so often? His crew's style and our team's style do not play well together.
He's the worst! Doesn't work hard out there and it shows.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:04 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm
There's a lot of Montana influence in this tournament. Skyline Sports wrote:
One of the keys to Idaho’s prolific shooting — the Vandals entered the game averaging a nation-best 11.7 3s per game — is the ability for role players like Natalie and Lizzy Klinker to do the dirty work. The sisters from Fairfield, Montana ran the floor relentlessly, getting rim to rim to help the Vandals dominate the glass and in transition.
Sounds like a couple of these could come in handy. Were they ever on our recruiting radar?
I've thought the same thing, since their dad is an alum? The older one went to Utah State first, so maybe we didn't have a shot.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:00 am

aucat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:35 pm
I agree with rivercat that I think it is fair game to criticize the team effort/performance, leadership, and coaching. I think it's fine
to praise an individual player's performance, but I just don't like to see fans knock individual players.
Maybe discuss their strategies, where they should play and how, etc.
Anyway, yes, I think we will have some pretty good talent next year. We have some good recruits coming in. Kola Bad Bear is a force, if she can get that knee rehabbed. But I agree with other posters that other than Oly, we need some good shooters from the perimeter.

This team needs some toughness and some leadership next year. The potential is there to have a good team, but I guess the thing that has concerned me the most this year has been their lack of consistent effort. I hate to see a game when the players are not diving for balls, hustling, boxing out, etc.

I really like this recruit. If you look at some footage, she is a tough player. Here is a recent writeup:

http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/poy ... DWhite.pdf
How can you realistically or honestly do this without discussing the individual players skill set or performance? You can only talk about player X and when, why, & how they should play in a strictly positive angle but you cannot talk about player Y and when, why, & how they should not play?