Hero Sports Top FCS Recruiting Classes

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Hero Sports Top FCS Recruiting Classes

Post by CelticCat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 pm

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... kings-ajaj

Using their recruiting evaluation methodology, this is where the Cats ended up:

40 Montana State BIG SKY

That would put us 5th in the conference. This does not include transfers.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hero Sports Top FCS Recruiting Classes

Post by RickRund » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:49 pm
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... kings-ajaj

Using their recruiting evaluation methodology, this is where the Cats ended up:

40 Montana State BIG SKY

That would put us 5th in the conference. This does not include transfers.
Wow, NAU and PSU lead the BSC. Surprised there.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:50 pm

it seems like PSU always gets solid recruiting classes, along with a ton of big transfers/dropdowns...…….. but they never really seem to do anything with it.…...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Would like to see the diagrams on how they make their final list. MSU and um will always be slightly removed on where they could a should be due to recruiting so many in-state kids with zero star ratings. Just a couple years ago I would have been slightly mad with the rankings of some individual players as well as the team rating for the recruiting year. Now, I have faith in the coaches and their ability to develop players so they can produce in the future. To hell with the ratings.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm

The film on a lot of the Cats recruits doesn't lie. There is a lot to be excited for in this Class. Like what was said above. To hell with the ratings.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Just matters where we are in 4 years with this class.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Team10 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm
Would like to see the diagrams on how they make their final list. MSU and um will always be slightly removed on where they could a should be due to recruiting so many in-state kids with zero star ratings. Just a couple years ago I would have been slightly mad with the rankings of some individual players as well as the team rating for the recruiting year. Now, I have faith in the coaches and their ability to develop players so they can produce in the future. To hell with the ratings.
Didn't MSU have the #1 rated class last year or the year before, minus an Ivy school?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Team10 wrote:
Didn't MSU have the #1 rated class last year or the year before, minus an Ivy school?
I believe they were listed at #3 and now more than a handful of those recruits are gone, so it means nothing, as nearly all the rankings do. I also believe that ranking included transfers, too. Win and everything else takes care of itself.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Team10 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Team10 wrote:
I believe they were listed at #3 and now more than a handful of those recruits are gone, so it means nothing, as nearly all the rankings do. I also believe that ranking included transfers, too. Win and everything else takes care of itself.
Oh totally agree, I was just countering the post that said MSU and UM will always be removed on where they should be considering we ended up with (On paper) one of, or the best recruiting class in FCS by the experts.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!