MBB vs Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MBB vs Idaho

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 am

Ok boys...time to make it 3 in a row. Been impressed with the grit on this team down the stretch...they don't give up. And it's great to see other players improving.....e.g. Kirby is lighting it up.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs Idaho

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:16 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 am
Ok boys...time to make it 3 in a row. Been impressed with the grit on this team down the stretch...they don't give up. And it's great to see other players improving.....e.g. Kirby is lighting it up.
And on my online tv guide it looks like they will be on SWX...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm

Pluto sucks

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:56 pm

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Cats push lead to 20 with 11 minutes left.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:35 pm

How is the crowd?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:41 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:35 pm
How is the crowd?
So-so. I’ll guess 2800

They announced 3004.
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Won by 14, 86-72. Looked pretty darn good. Just think of the score had they shot 3's at a decent %. Shot GREAT from beyond the circle and good from the field... Proud of the young men... And Coach Fish, you did a remarkable job today...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catscat

Post by catscat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:09 pm

Nice win for Cats. Hope they can continue the hustle and keep winning.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:08 pm
Won by 14, 86-72. Looked pretty darn good. Just think of the score had they shot 3's at a decent %. Shot GREAT from beyond the circle and good from the field... Proud of the young men... And Coach Fish, you did a remarkable job today...
Unbelievably difficult press conference for a heartbroken Brian Fish.

“There was no bigger fan of the Bobcats than my daughter,” Fish said. “I told everybody in the locker room if there’s someone special in their life, they should call them or text them tonight and tell them thanks. Because for the first time in my life, I don’t have a text waiting for me telling me, ‘Great job dad, you’re my hero.

“My job as a head coach is to help people, challenge people, get them out of their comfort zone, help people reach their goals, help them be success. Today, I didn’t do it. I couldn’t.

“Those guys, the trainers, the coaches, the trainers, the strength coaches, our team doctor, (sports information director) Bill (Lamberty), those guys lifted me up. I don’t have words for it.

“I did it because for an hour and 45 minutes, I got a chance to escape and I got to be around 12 guys who I love to be around. They are fun to coach, they are fun to be around and they are so fun to help get better.

“My wife and I, this is our team, this is my daughter’s team, this is something she loved and this is something we chose to do. And if you don’t understand that, I respect that, but please understand what we did and why I coached today.”

No questions, here Coach Fish. Never respected you more than today.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Unbelievably difficult press conference for a heartbroken Brian Fish.

“There was no bigger fan of the Bobcats than my daughter,” Fish said. “I told everybody in the locker room if there’s someone special in their life, they should call them or text them tonight and tell them thanks. Because for the first time in my life, I don’t have a text waiting for me telling me, ‘Great job dad, you’re my hero.

“My job as a head coach is to help people, challenge people, get them out of their comfort zone, help people reach their goals, help them be success. Today, I didn’t do it. I couldn’t.

“Those guys, the trainers, the coaches, the trainers, the strength coaches, our team doctor, (sports information director) Bill (Lamberty), those guys lifted me up. I don’t have words for it.

“I did it because for an hour and 45 minutes, I got a chance to escape and I got to be around 12 guys who I love to be around. They are fun to coach, they are fun to be around and they are so fun to help get better.

“My wife and I, this is our team, this is my daughter’s team, this is something she loved and this is something we chose to do. And if you don’t understand that, I respect that, but please understand what we did and why I coached today.”

No questions, here Coach Fish. Never respected you more than today.
My heart just hurts for coach Fish and his wife. I have a 29 year old daughter too. I can't even comprehend what he's going through.

It was touching to see each player as he checked out, starting with Tyler Hall then Frey Neumann, Kirby, and so on giving their coach a big hug as they went to the bench-and then seeing the Idaho coaching staff and many of their players giving him a hug after the game ended. He really looked drained leaning on coach Haslem's shoulder as he left the court. Like he said in his comments-sports is an escape. Now that the game is over it all comes crashing down on him. Just a really sad thing.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 pm

I wondered how the team and coaches would perform today. You could have heard a pin drop when there was a minute of silence prior to the start of the game. This was really a tough situation for all the players and coaches. I thought everyone performed admirably given the circumstances.

Best wishes to Coach Fish and his family during this horrible time. The team is certainly performing well right now.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 pm

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Nice win!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Fish implied there may be those who don't agree with his coaching today. I think a person would be seeking anything in their life that could provide some veneer of balance, of normalcy. Plus, that team is his extended family; you're going to seek solace from those you know and trust. Nothing but love and good wishes from me, I don't even want to try to imagine what he and his wife must be feeling.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm

As for the game, just keep it rolling fellas, the ball is moving well and Devin Kirby is growing in confidence by leaps and bounds. And, we WON 3 in a row in February. 5 of 7 on the road to finish; if we could sweep our home weekend and find a couple wins out of the 5 road games, we're set up for the tourney.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Can’t imagine what that was like for Fish and his family. Heartbreaking!

That being said, Idaho is a really bad basketball team.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:22 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm
Fish implied there may be those who don't agree with his coaching today. I think a person would be seeking anything in their life that could provide some veneer of balance, of normalcy. Plus, that team is his extended family; you're going to seek solace from those you know and trust. Nothing but love and good wishes from me, I don't even want to try to imagine what he and his wife must be feeling.
I’d tell those guys to ****** off. NO one will tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t do at a time like this.

I’ve been harder on Fish than anyone. Simply based on my coaching philosophy vs his. He’s a D1 coach and I’m typing this message....

I won’t always agree with Fish between the baskets. But I’ll tell you what....I don’t know that I’ve ever had the admiration and sympathy for someone like I do coach Fish tonight. Simply cannot image his emotions right now.

I might not always agree, but I’ll never again question how he feels about his guys and how his guys feel about him. Amazing. Wish I could have been there

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Damn coach....... May Peace Be With You.

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:31 pm
We all grieve in different ways....this game provided Coach support from his basketball family. I'll keep Coach Fish and his wife in my thoughts as they work through this difficult time.