MBB at UNC

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

joecat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MBB at UNC

Post by joecat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 pm

much better D in the 2nd half tonight. not much rhythm to the game but got to win ugly sometimes.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Really great road win for the Cats...I think this team could get a couple of wins in the tournament....

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 pm

The game winner.

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:09 pm
lakesbison wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 pm
GOOD !!!
Thanks for stopping by and bringing that "we're the Bison and we never lose" karma along! That had to be it.
you're welcome... sorry i wasnt here for your last game
the griz fans are getting pretty annoying lately

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:57 am

I'm really hoping this gives the guys some confidence an momentum. There's a lot of talent on this team...if they can keep the chemistry and momentum going...we could see some good things down the stretch.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 am

When non-conference ended, I really did not have a good feeling about this team. Of course being the fan I am, I still have watched every game that I can on Pluto or followed stats in games. Conference play started out strong and than we lost a few, but the thing i am seeing about this team is they are fighters, they don't quit. It would be easy for them to get down by 10 and throw in the towel, which could turn the game into a blowout. Or you have a game like Weber where they are shooting lights out and we can't seem to stop them but still only lose by 9. Not to say there isn't room to improve, especially defensively, but I was impressed with the fight of this team.

One question...how is it that against the Griz and Northern Colorado they ended up in the bonus with over 10 minutes left in the game. Do we just foul that much? I mean watching the Griz game, clearly they were calling every little foul on us, even those that should not have been. Yet, the confusion for me arises when the guards for Griz in particular regularly push off and never get called. I know enough about basketball but that just seems like they get away with that but if we do it, it is always called. I am more just curious why this has happened. I mean i know we foul a fair amount but not sure as much as we are getting called for.

With all that, I am proud of the guys for coming together and fighting last night! Great win.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:09 pm

bobcatfan4life wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 am
When non-conference ended, I really did not have a good feeling about this team. Of course being the fan I am, I still have watched every game that I can on Pluto or followed stats in games. Conference play started out strong and than we lost a few, but the thing i am seeing about this team is they are fighters, they don't quit. It would be easy for them to get down by 10 and throw in the towel, which could turn the game into a blowout. Or you have a game like Weber where they are shooting lights out and we can't seem to stop them but still only lose by 9. Not to say there isn't room to improve, especially defensively, but I was impressed with the fight of this team.

One question...how is it that against the Griz and Northern Colorado they ended up in the bonus with over 10 minutes left in the game. Do we just foul that much? I mean watching the Griz game, clearly they were calling every little foul on us, even those that should not have been. Yet, the confusion for me arises when the guards for Griz in particular regularly push off and never get called. I know enough about basketball but that just seems like they get away with that but if we do it, it is always called. I am more just curious why this has happened. I mean i know we foul a fair amount but not sure as much as we are getting called for.

With all that, I am proud of the guys for coming together and fighting last night! Great win.
Funny you mention this. We had a whole thread about how the foul totals have actually been skewed in our favor this year compared to years past.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Best road win in the Fish era, no question!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz