Duru transfering

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
GoCats18
Member # Retired
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: MT

Re: Duru transfering

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 am

utucats wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Everytime someone leaves half this board spends days hinting that it is somehow Choate’s fault. TG leaves and its because Choate is a control freak. Duru leaves and its cause Choate doesn’t run the right systm :roll:

If it’s true that we don’t pass the ball enough for Duru’s taste and that he doesn’t want to hang in and try and help improve our passing game(no evidence that this is the case) then he’s not the type of team player that fits in here and good riddance.
Wow, for all the stupid crap you say😜, this is actually pretty amazing. You are spot on. It is a process and it will take time. Hope we can land one or two more WR in this next class.


FTG!!

User avatar
utucats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by utucats » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:30 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 am
utucats wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Everytime someone leaves half this board spends days hinting that it is somehow Choate’s fault. TG leaves and its because Choate is a control freak. Duru leaves and its cause Choate doesn’t run the right systm :roll:

If it’s true that we don’t pass the ball enough for Duru’s taste and that he doesn’t want to hang in and try and help improve our passing game(no evidence that this is the case) then he’s not the type of team player that fits in here and good riddance.
Wow, for all the stupid crap you say😜, this is actually pretty amazing. You are spot on. It is a process and it will take time. Hope we can land one or two more WR in this next class.
Most of what I say is pretty amazing. Some have described my BN posts as borderline genius.


Image

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3141
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Duru transfering

Post by KittieKop » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am
utucats wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Everytime someone leaves half this board spends days hinting that it is somehow Choate’s fault. TG leaves and its because Choate is a control freak. Duru leaves and its cause Choate doesn’t run the right systm :roll:

If it’s true that we don’t pass the ball enough for Duru’s taste and that he doesn’t want to hang in and try and help improve our passing game(no evidence that this is the case) then he’s not the type of team player that fits in here and good riddance.
You will probably find that the individuals blaming Choate for: lack of offense, QB deficiencies, WR play, recruiting, player development, special teams, defense, TY leaving, transfers leaving, tickets prices, fund raising, bleachers, music, etc are the SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE doing all the complaining. They are just perennially unhappy.
What a great job being MSU's head football coach must be. Credit for everything that goes right and zero responsibility for anything that doesn't. The head coach has no responsibility for offense struggles, defense struggles, special teams, player development, wide receivers. What an awesome job! I get credit for everything you do right, and it's your fault if anything goes wrong! Where do I sign up?


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by Cataholic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:30 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am
utucats wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Everytime someone leaves half this board spends days hinting that it is somehow Choate’s fault. TG leaves and its because Choate is a control freak. Duru leaves and its cause Choate doesn’t run the right systm :roll:

If it’s true that we don’t pass the ball enough for Duru’s taste and that he doesn’t want to hang in and try and help improve our passing game(no evidence that this is the case) then he’s not the type of team player that fits in here and good riddance.
You will probably find that the individuals blaming Choate for: lack of offense, QB deficiencies, WR play, recruiting, player development, special teams, defense, TY leaving, transfers leaving, tickets prices, fund raising, bleachers, music, etc are the SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE doing all the complaining. They are just perennially unhappy.
What a great job being MSU's head football coach must be. Credit for everything that goes right and zero responsibility for anything that doesn't. The head coach has no responsibility for offense struggles, defense struggles, special teams, player development, wide receivers. What an awesome job! I get credit for everything you do right, and it's your fault if anything goes wrong! Where do I sign up?
Kind of like when the crime rate goes up in your jurisdiction. It is your fault right! Don’t consider the underlying facts like lack of staffing, lack of funding, increased drug use, changing demographics, etc. Just blame the captain since he is in charge.



User avatar
utucats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by utucats » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:58 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:15 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am
utucats wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Everytime someone leaves half this board spends days hinting that it is somehow Choate’s fault. TG leaves and its because Choate is a control freak. Duru leaves and its cause Choate doesn’t run the right systm :roll:

If it’s true that we don’t pass the ball enough for Duru’s taste and that he doesn’t want to hang in and try and help improve our passing game(no evidence that this is the case) then he’s not the type of team player that fits in here and good riddance.
You will probably find that the individuals blaming Choate for: lack of offense, QB deficiencies, WR play, recruiting, player development, special teams, defense, TY leaving, transfers leaving, tickets prices, fund raising, bleachers, music, etc are the SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE doing all the complaining. They are just perennially unhappy.
What a great job being MSU's head football coach must be. Credit for everything that goes right and zero responsibility for anything that doesn't. The head coach has no responsibility for offense struggles, defense struggles, special teams, player development, wide receivers. What an awesome job! I get credit for everything you do right, and it's your fault if anything goes wrong! Where do I sign up?
2016: 4 wins and win against the griz
2017: 5 wins, 5-3 in conference play and win against griz
2018: 8 wins, 5-3 in conference play, win against griz, playoff berth, and a home playoff win.

There are going to be bumps in the road for any head coach. Are you guys suggesting that if Ash was still here players would never leave early? If a defensive player left would you say it was because Marshall sucks? I remember the attitude on here about Ash and many of you who beat up Choate over every departure gave Ash a pass for inaction. Unlike Ash, when players end their Bobcat careers they have nothing but positives to say about this coach.

Overall we are moving in the right direction and Choate will have my loyalty as long as that continues.


Image

GoldstoneCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Meh, players come and go. Everybody knows i'm no choate apologist, but without knowing whether these kids were homesick, not progressing and in search of playing time, etc., hard to beat coach up for it, especially given the talent he seems to be bringing in. I won't apologize for him either (he's got utucats for that) but these wr transfers don't, on their own, mean much about the program IMO.



User avatar
utucats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by utucats » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm
Meh, players come and go. Everybody knows i'm no choate apologist, but without knowing whether these kids were homesick, not progressing and in search of playing time, etc., hard to beat coach up for it, especially given the talent he seems to be bringing in. I won't apologize for him either (he's got utucats for that) but these wr transfers don't, on their own, mean much about the program IMO.
I am most definitely a Choate apologist and I want to apologize to all my fellow Cat fans for this consistent progress and success that we are enjoying.

3-0 against the griz and counting. In Choate we trust.


Image

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by Cataholic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:16 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm
Meh, players come and go. Everybody knows i'm no choate apologist, but without knowing whether these kids were homesick, not progressing and in search of playing time, etc., hard to beat coach up for it, especially given the talent he seems to be bringing in. I won't apologize for him either (he's got utucats for that) but these wr transfers don't, on their own, mean much about the program IMO.
I am most definitely a Choate apologist and I want to apologize to all my fellow Cat fans for this consistent progress and success that we are enjoying.

3-0 against the griz and counting. In Choate we trust.
You and I are on the same page. I think 90% of the Bobcat faithful are with us. Unfortunately, you have some people that just are never happy. It could be Ash or Choate as coach, and they will always find a reason to complain.



GoldstoneCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:16 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm
Meh, players come and go. Everybody knows i'm no choate apologist, but without knowing whether these kids were homesick, not progressing and in search of playing time, etc., hard to beat coach up for it, especially given the talent he seems to be bringing in. I won't apologize for him either (he's got utucats for that) but these wr transfers don't, on their own, mean much about the program IMO.
I am most definitely a Choate apologist and I want to apologize to all my fellow Cat fans for this consistent progress and success that we are enjoying.

3-0 against the griz and counting. In Choate we trust.
You and I are on the same page. I think 90% of the Bobcat faithful are with us. Unfortunately, you have some people that just are never happy. It could be Ash or Choate as coach, and they will always find a reason to complain.
Not complaining, happy with the job choate's done so far. Love that his teams have adopted a "never quit" mindset, and that he's drilled the importance of the rivalry into the players. I hope we continue to progress, next year's schedule is such that we should take another big step forward. We've made strides as a team, for sure, but we have another jump to make before we're ready to compete with the elite. I'm hopeful, as is everyone who roots for the cats. This year is big, will begin to show the recruiting depth he's been trying to build, as his first few classes grow up in his program. Will be interesting.



gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4072
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Duru transfering

Post by gtapp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm

I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GoldstoneCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:01 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm
I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!
Yep, players come and go in all programs. We're plenty deep at wr, also. Recruiting is hard, and critical, at this level, because of the fewer scholarships available. You don't get as many misses as the big guys, or it quickly harms your depth. As i said above, this year will be a test of the recruiting that so far, has appeared pretty darn good. Many of those heralded guys are going to be number 1 on the depth chart this year. I'm excited to see it, because i think we're going to be improved, while playing a (theoretically) easier schedule.



User avatar
utucats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by utucats » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I think we will see a 2019 team that competes for a conference title and also ends up with a playoff seed that sees us having a first round bye. That is my expectation.


Image

User avatar
FTG_1984
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:40 pm
Location: Montana Territory

Re: Duru transfering

Post by FTG_1984 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:52 am

utucats wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 pm

3-0 against the griz and counting. In Choate we trust.
*mic drop



User avatar
FTG_1984
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:40 pm
Location: Montana Territory

Re: Duru transfering

Post by FTG_1984 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am

gtapp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm
I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!
I couldn't disagree much more on Ash. Coach Ash was a poor head football coach in my opinion, despite his ability to run a clean program & his uncanny ability to amass wins in meaningless games early in the season.

Choate, on the other hand, is a very good head football coach & leader of young men. We are all blessed to have him at the helm. The biggest obstacle to Choate's program will be overcoming the loss of TG. I'm supporting him 100% on this, but overcoming this will be neither easy nor guaranteed.



User avatar
luckyirishguy25
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3385
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Duru transfering

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am
gtapp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm
I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!
I couldn't disagree much more on Ash. Coach Ash was a poor head football coach in my opinion, despite his ability to run a clean program & his uncanny ability to amass wins in meaningless games early in the season.

Choate, on the other hand, is a very good head football coach & leader of young men. We are all blessed to have him at the helm. The biggest obstacle to Choate's program will be overcoming the loss of TG. I'm supporting him 100% on this, but overcoming this will be neither easy nor guaranteed.
Holy ****** you're a broken record... We get it, you like juggling Ty's balls....



User avatar
mslacatfan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:48 am

ha


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by catatac » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:00 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am
gtapp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm
I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!
I couldn't disagree much more on Ash. Coach Ash was a poor head football coach in my opinion, despite his ability to run a clean program & his uncanny ability to amass wins in meaningless games early in the season.

Choate, on the other hand, is a very good head football coach & leader of young men. We are all blessed to have him at the helm. The biggest obstacle to Choate's program will be overcoming the loss of TG. I'm supporting him 100% on this, but overcoming this will be neither easy nor guaranteed.
I'm throwing a flag on this one. I will admit something happened to his team and the defense imploded, and I'm still scratching my head at how that happened. That said, you don't win the Big Sky three times in a row, make the playoffs and win playoff games, and get to the point where you're the number one team in the country, if you're a POOR head football coach.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

thefrank1
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Duru transfering

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:46 pm

The team imploded because Ash became too aloof. He did not demand performance from Marshall and he lost control of the locker room. Success sometimes does go to one's head.



User avatar
CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7702
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:37 am

Re: Duru transfering

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:38 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:00 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am
gtapp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm
I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!
I couldn't disagree much more on Ash. Coach Ash was a poor head football coach in my opinion, despite his ability to run a clean program & his uncanny ability to amass wins in meaningless games early in the season.

Choate, on the other hand, is a very good head football coach & leader of young men. We are all blessed to have him at the helm. The biggest obstacle to Choate's program will be overcoming the loss of TG. I'm supporting him 100% on this, but overcoming this will be neither easy nor guaranteed.
I'm throwing a flag on this one. I will admit something happened to his team and the defense imploded, and I'm still scratching my head at how that happened. That said, you don't win the Big Sky three times in a row, make the playoffs and win playoff games, and get to the point where you're the number one team in the country, if you're a POOR head football coach.
Exactly. You don't win 3 Big Sky Championships in a row and lead MSU in coaching wins in that short of time without being a good football coach. I like both coaches (both had very different styles but each of them have different attributes that have won them games). I like where we are trending up so maybe some more Big Sky Championships and deep playoff runs are on the horizon.



GoldstoneCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: Duru transfering

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am
gtapp wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:27 pm
I was a huge Ash supporter and I was not happy he was let go. Fast forward 3 yers and I love that our coach is Choate. I think he is doing it the right way and I think this years team will be very good. It takes time to build a program the right way and you will have problems along the way. In this day and age players will always move on. I like our direction and I think he improved the coaching staff and the team this year. Every year should be better!
I couldn't disagree much more on Ash. Coach Ash was a poor head football coach in my opinion, despite his ability to run a clean program & his uncanny ability to amass wins in meaningless games early in the season.

Choate, on the other hand, is a very good head football coach & leader of young men. We are all blessed to have him at the helm. The biggest obstacle to Choate's program will be overcoming the loss of TG. I'm supporting him 100% on this, but overcoming this will be neither easy nor guaranteed.
Holy ****** you're a broken record... We get it, you like juggling Ty's balls....
Bahaha...touche. It's funny, nobody in this thread compared choate to ash, except to say (gtapp) that they were a fan of both coaches. That's kind of where i come down too, I like it when the bobcats win, so whomever can make that happen I like. Funny how FTG and a few others still feel the need to run coach ash into the ground, though. An argument that's been heard 1k times on this board, everybody knows their position, and everyone else's position, but they won't let it go. Like Rob beat up their dog, or something, which i'm sure he didn't because he's a good human being. Every coach has strengths, and all have flaws (except maybe Saban). Im excited about our current direction, and I appreciate the 70 wins ash had here.
Last edited by GoldstoneCat on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Post Reply