NDSU Player Uses Illegal Substance

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

NDSU Player Uses Illegal Substance

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:34 am

https://grandforksherald.com/sports/foo ... likely-led

"thank God a bunch of those kids didn’t get pulled in (for random testing) because it was used throughout the locker room.”

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: NDSU Player Uses Illegal Substance

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Grand Forks Herald. Now, theres an impartial source. I tried to look up what paper Fargo relies on, but too many possible outcomes. At any rate, positive urine test, and accusations of improper conduct and use of banned substances by the NDSU football team. Let the NCAA do its job and convince everyone that it thoroughly investigated the matter, then see what comes of that. I personally don't think the NCAA is capable doing a fair and impartial job. If you want to get up to speed on situation/arguments pro and con, eGriz is on page 7 of 'discussions.'

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:05 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 pm
Grand Forks Herald. Now, theres an impartial source. I tried to look up what paper Fargo relies on, but too many possible outcomes. At any rate, positive urine test, and accusations of improper conduct and use of banned substances by the NDSU football team. Let the NCAA do its job and convince everyone that it thoroughly investigated the matter, then see what comes of that. I personally don't think the NCAA is capable doing a fair and impartial job. If you want to get up to speed on situation/arguments pro and con, eGriz is on page 7 of 'discussions.'
It's in several sources, I just happened to quote the Grand Forks one.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm

I did try to find the definitive Fargo newspaper, but there seems to be a few out there, some with a circulation 1.5X the GF Tribune. Fargo area has over 250,000. So I believe you. Quiet in Fargo.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:52 pm

WOW pretty much covers it... Time will tell now.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:09 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm
I did try to find the definitive Fargo newspaper, but there seems to be a few out there, some with a circulation 1.5X the GF Tribune. Fargo area has over 250,000. So I believe you. Quiet in Fargo.
That would be the Fargo Forum

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:34 pm

The problem with NCAA banded substances is they went way overboard. Nothing should be banded if you can ingest it using pre workout powders, protein supplements, etc. Reduce the list to the heavy hitters. Even HGH should not be banned IMO.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN