Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:11 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm
As an MSU ROTC product, I look back on all those I served with and how their schools impacted their careers and think of all the great memories and friends I made along the way. The Citadel, VMI, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M and West Point officers all had an advantage through the company grades and in schools but when we made field grade all was pretty much based on performance. For some reason, the civilian sector placed more value on the source of the commission than the Army selection boards. Similar to companies recruiting engineers from MSU versus MIT.
As a NROTC Graduate from U of I...…
I disagree. It is changing but for the Navy up to 2004 (last year I can speak for), there was a pecking order.....
Naval Academy, NROTC, OCS. and heaven forbid if you were, like me, prior enlisted a lot of issues.
It was changing and in the Restricted Line (Supply, Intel, and some others) the preference became Non-Academy.
Yep. Pretty much the same experiences for me. In fact, very few Infantry officers in the 509th in Italy are not ring knockers. The guys who own the Dirty Shame up the Yaak told me they couldn't think of a single officer they served with in the 509th who didn't get their commission via Hudson High.

Again, once they hit field grade or got a flag, it was fairly even but for some reason the civilian sector is enamored with the academy pedigree as they are with Bodner over in Missoula.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:40 pm

How often do players flip from MSU and go on to have successful careers elsewhere? It doesn’t seem to happen much. I recall John Kanontaga’a(sp?) flipping to UM. I don’t see players flipping as a bad sign about a program.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am
We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.
It's funny you think so. Notice the kid name 3 coaches. Two plus Choate for his recruiters. TG was not part of his recruitment. You think kids have FOUR recruiters? Lol

Keep up your false narrative on TG. You're wrong.

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:09 am

lutecat wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.
It's funny you think so. Notice the kid name 3 coaches. Two plus Choate for his recruiters. TG was not part of his recruitment. You think kids have FOUR recruiters? Lol

TG personally recruited this kid from the beginning, did he not? I'd love to be proven wrong on this. TG was responsible for the CO recruitment area, was he not?

Recruiting happens with one coach/recruiter working with the same kids over time, based on the coach's/recruiter's area of responsibility. TG was personally responsible for recruiting this kid from Day 1. He committed because of TG, then he flipped after TG left.

The fact he didn't mention TG is simple - TG is no longer with the program. Why would he mention him? TG is no longer around to thank.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 am

Looking at the comments it doesn’t appear that anyone was all that excited about Isenhart. Not that that means anything, but I don’t get how this is such a big deal to you FTG_1984 even if he did leave because of Gregorak, which I doubt. MSU has had lots of coaches leave and I don’t recall any players leaving to follow them. To you though, this Gregorak-Isenhart connection is so great that you’re hinting there’s something more to this than just coincidence. I doubt a head coach would make stipulation with a player that if one of the asst. coaches that recruited him left, he’d be excused from his LOI.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:09 am

TG personally recruited this kid from the beginning, did he not? I'd love to be proven wrong on this. TG was responsible for the CO recruitment area, was he not?

Recruiting happens with one coach/recruiter working with the same kids over time, based on the coach's/recruiter's area of responsibility. TG was personally responsible for recruiting this kid from Day 1. He committed because of TG, then he flipped after TG left.

The fact he didn't mention TG is simple - TG is no longer with the program. Why would he mention him? TG is no longer around to thank.
He didn't mention Ty when he verballed either.
He said secondary assistant Kyle Risinger had been recruiting him and talking to him the longest. Isenhart said that high school relations and special teams coordinator B.J. Robertson and defensive line coach Byron Hout were also key factors.
https://t.co/WtSKVFimR2

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:38 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
FTG_1984 wrote:

Risinger does the primary recruiting in Colorado, thus the shout out from Hayden. Coach Choate alluded to Risinger's Colorado recruiting on the early signing day presser.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:01 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
FTG_1984 wrote:

No, Ty didn't recruit this kid.

Him decommitting had absolutely nothing to do with Ty.

I love Ty. I'm going to miss having him around. But we won't have a hard time "overcoming" his absense. And this isn't a slight against him but rather a testiment of our leadership and vision going forward.

relax and enjoy the ride! 8)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:22 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 am
FTG_1984 wrote:

He said secondary assistant Kyle Risinger had been recruiting him and talking to him the longest. Isenhart said that high school relations and special teams coordinator B.J. Robertson and defensive line coach Byron Hout were also key factors.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:39 am

Hawks86 wrote:
FTG_1984 wrote:

TG personally recruited this kid from the beginning, did he not? I"D LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG ON THIS. TG was responsible for the CO recruitment area, was he not?

Well I guess you were 1984....I guess you were. lol

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Has anyone heard of the coaches reaching out to any replacements to help fill the DE void? Didn't seem any listed in the recruit thread.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:39 am
Hawks86 wrote:
FTG_1984 wrote:

TG personally recruited this kid from the beginning, did he not? I"D LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG ON THIS. TG was responsible for the CO recruitment area, was he not?

Well I guess you were 1984....I guess you were. lol
Beginning next fall, the Isenhart family will have plenty of chances to watch their son. The 6-foot-5, 230-pound defensive end and tight end from Grandview High in Aurora, Colorado fielded offers from around the country during the spring of his junior year.

North Dakota offered first. Then came scholarships from nearby Northern Colorado, fellow Big Sky Conference rival Eastern Washington and Ivy League suitors Penn, Columbia and Dartmouth.

After initially hearing from Montana State safeties coach Kyle Risinger and attending MSU’s junior day in April, Isenhart attended individual camp at Bobcat Stadium the final week of June last summer. He shows his skills on both sides of the ball, earning an offer from the Bobcats. He committed to Montana State on July 17.

“Definitely the engineering program,” Isenhart said when asked the deciding factor. “And beyond that, it was the campus and everything Montana State represents. I just felt at home at Montana State and it wasn’t something I could find at any other school.”

Isenhart said Risinger expressed to him the trajectory of the Montana State football program entering head coach Jeff Choate’s fourth season. The Bobcats posted their first season since 2014, winning MSU’s first playoff game since 2012 with a 35-14 win over Incarnate Word. Montana State finished the 2018 campaign with an 8-5 record.

“And I love the town and the campus,” Isenhart said. “I think they are both amazing. The town, it’s just getting bigger and bigger every year. And the campus, the stadium, all the facilities, everything up there is just amazing.”
http://skylinesportsmt.com/denver-area- ... ommitment/

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:56 pm

K-Y?

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:08 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:56 pm
K-Y?
for the I-ass-Hurt?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:16 pm

If Jaharie Martin commits to the Cats, then I am fine with Isenharts decision to go to Air Force.

Punters are people too!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:44 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:16 pm
If Jaharie Martin commits to the Cats, then I am fine with Isenharts decision to go to Air Force.
Why?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:19 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:44 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Why?
Didn’t Martin commit somewhere else already?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:20 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:19 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
Why?
Didn’t Martin commit somewhere else already?
That's Jayden Simon who committed to Colorado on Sunday. Jaharie Martin was a LB who visited this past weekend.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:09 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
They play a different position.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
Why?
Agree with Vim. Not related. And I applaud his choice of the AF Academy (damn civilians, go Navy!!!!).

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back