What’s in store for 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: What’s in store for 2019

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Having Jonsen come in at wildcat for a few snaps is awesome. Especially if he’s contrasting a more traditional style QB, it could be even more effective.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm
Having Jonsen come in at wildcat for a few snaps is awesome. Especially if he’s contrasting a more traditional style QB, it could be even more effective.
For sure, and same with Murray. Hard to believe Jonsen is as electric as Murray even though I remember hearing he might be faster. I've said it before but having Chris Murray, Travis Jonsen, Troy Anderson, Isiah Ifanse, and Logan Jones as options for running the ball is an embarrassment of riches. \:D/

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:39 pm

1. Cats win 7+ games next year
I see losses to Texas Tech and UC Davis, and a loss to one of SEMO and Western Illinois. I'm also picking Montana to win (completely biased), but the Cats have a favorable middle section of their conference schedule.

2. Team defense remains top 5 in the conference, despite the change at DC.

3. Cats make the playoffs.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:21 pm

grizband wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:39 pm
I see losses to Texas Tech and UC Davis, and a loss to one of SEMO and Western Illinois. I'm also picking Montana to win (completely biased), but the Cats have a favorable middle section of their conference schedule.

Every position on the team will be improved nest year except DL and that will still be good. And I think the coaching staff is better. I think the TT game and at UCD will be very tough but I think we could and should win every remaining game. The um game will be our first win at home against the griz in what 14 years and I think it won't be very close.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:24 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:21 pm
grizband wrote:

Every position on the team will be improved nest year except DL and that will still be good. And I think the coaching staff is better. I think the TT game and at UCD will be very tough but I think we could and should win every remaining game. The um game will be our first win at home against the griz in what 14 years and I think it won't be very close.
Our first win at home in 14 years? Try since 2017. How could you forget that?

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:27 am

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Long Time Cat wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:24 pm
gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

:penalty: :shrug:

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:27 am
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Long Time Cat wrote:
gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

:penalty: :shrug:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 am

gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

I agree that the Cats "could" win every game, aside from Texas Tech; but I hesitate to say "should." I don't know what SEMO has returning next season, but they were a strong team to finish out the year, were a playoff team. I'm not saying that Cats won't win those games, I really just said 7 wins as the absolute minimum. The Cat/Griz pick is obviously my personal bias.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:24 am

grizband wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 am
gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

I agree that the Cats "could" win every game, aside from Texas Tech; but I hesitate to say "should." I don't know what SEMO has returning next season, but they were a strong team to finish out the year, were a playoff team. I'm not saying that Cats won't win those games, I really just said 7 wins as the absolute minimum. The Cat/Griz pick is obviously my personal bias.
Only wager what you can afford to lose on the 2019 Cat/fizz game...... 8)

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

Crap! Spaced that one out.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am

gtapp wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

Yea...first the memory goes, then it's just a matter of time and you wake up in a new world! Its exiting.....just let it happen. Don't fight it! Lol

2024 Resume dominance

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 am
gtapp wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
gtapp wrote:
grizband wrote:

Yea...first the memory goes, then it's just a matter of time and you wake up in a new world! Its exiting.....just let it happen. Don't fight it! Lol
There are many people alive today that have never seen the griz beat the Cats.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic