Murray

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Murray

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm
surprised nobody has mentioned this.... but I would LOVE to see Murray as the punt and kickoff return guy. I think he could be a game changer at those positions.
He's fast enough, that's for sure. But the ones who really do well at that are about half crazy...not afraid of anything. You have to have the skill set and the mentality. I don't know for sure but he almost seems too laid back for that.
Plus you have to be essentially perfect at catching kicks. I dropped punt is much more damaging that a dropped 5 yard pass. It would be great to have someone that fast running back kicks but he'd have to prove he can handle step 1 first.
Prove it? No way. Just run him out there as the return man without doing it once at practice.
Yes, trial by fire. As the wise Allen Iverson said, It's just practice.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.
Unrealistic? I had terrible grades my first 3 semesters, took a semester off to get my sh*t together, came back and ended up making the Dean's List.

Murray wouldn't be the only kid to leave college due to academic issues only to come back and succeed.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Gotcha.

I disagree simply because I saw many kids when I was in college, myself included, who did awful our first few semesters in school and ended up graduating and being just fine. As a matter of fact I have two buddies, one now a doctor and one now a lawyer who were bigger screwups than me! And we weren't trying to juggle division 1 sports!

I think it's VERY realistic that he can be just fine in school. Just like the countless students that struggle their first year or two before being very successful, both in school and in career.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:10 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Unrealistic? I had terrible grades my first 3 semesters, took a semester off to get my sh*t together, came back and ended up making the Dean's List.

Murray wouldn't be the only kid to leave college due to academic issues only to come back and succeed.
And when most kids have academic issues it isn't because they're not smart enough to get good grades. If Chris Murray figured out how to run a Division I offense, he's smart enough to pass his classes. He just needed a wake-up call.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

different situation... but Bobby Daly is a great example.... he definitely made the most of his 2nd chance, or comeback, or whatever you want to call it.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm
different situation... but Bobby Daly is a great example.... he definitely made the most of his 2nd chance, or comeback, or whatever you want to call it.
Brad, not Bobby.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm
Brad, not Bobby.

Oops, yup, that’s what I meant

FTG- GO CATS GO!

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Professors at D1 schools don't flunk the starting QB. It just doesn't happen. The only way Chris got into the problems he got into was by skipping class and not turning in work. If a football player shows up to class and turns in his work, he's going to make grades. If Chris has made the decision to treat classes & homework as mandatory, he's fine. If he quits going to class again, he's going to be in trouble, simple as that.

The fact that he worked his way back tells me everything I need to know. He's going to be fine.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm

onceacat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm
Professors at D1 schools don't flunk the starting QB. It just doesn't happen.