Murray

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Murray

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:21 am
My daughter saw Murray in the student parking lot this morning - so he's back on campus. I'm assuming he was headed to class.
I honestly don't know if he even left Bozeman during the time he was out. He was at a lot of the football games/pre game get togethers.

If your left, you aren’t right.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am

i understand that Murray is back on the team and at last night's meeting.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 am

Which was the plan the entire time despite what some here were saying minutes after it was announced he was focusing on his grades.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
My daughter saw Murray in the student parking lot this morning - so he's back on campus. I'm assuming he was headed to class.
Given what the problem was, that's a big assumption. :lol: :wink:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:28 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Kind of a low blow kittie. I didn't think we'd see Chris back in a Bobcat uni, for him to do the work and get it done, well done Chris. I don't think we need to jab the kid.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm

KittieKop wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:

Eat ******.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 pm

How old is he now , 20? He is still a kid and deserves a lot of respect for working out his issues.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:24 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm
KittieKop wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:

Eat ******.
F off if you don't have a sense of humor.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 am

I admire Murray, He was always fun to watch. But to have what it takes to come back is amazing, (that will show on the field as well). He could have taken the easy route and gone somewhere else. Once a Bobcat always a Bobcat. Good Luck Chris, ESG Go Cats Go!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:28 pm
KittieKop wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Kind of a low blow kittie. I didn't think we'd see Chris back in a Bobcat uni, for him to do the work and get it done, well done Chris. I don't think we need to jab the kid.
Yep, big congrats Chris welcome back.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks for doing the hard stuff Chris and can't wait to see you as a leader on the team next year!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am

Is he eligible to participate in spring drills? If so, he could very well be our QB next year, especially if he has stayed in shape and worked on his passing.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am

Mtcatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am
Is he eligible to participate in spring drills? If so, he could very well be our QB next year, especially if he has stayed in shape and worked on his passing.
I don't think there's any chance Murray will be a QB again. The position is too important to take a risk on him not making grades again. It's big trouble if we lose a starting QB, but not as a big deal if we lose a wide receiver.

If I'm a coach, that's how I approach it. Maybe Choate sees it differently.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm predicting Jonsen Part II. He'll take snaps at QB in situations, he'll take the ball on jet, he'll line up in the back field, and he'll play a conventional receiver role. And every once in a while...all those things on the same drive.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Cledus wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am
Mtcatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am
I don't think there's any chance Murray will be a QB again. The position is too important to take a risk on him not making grades again. It's big trouble if we lose a starting QB, but not as a big deal if we lose a wide receiver.

If I'm a coach, that's how I approach it. Maybe Choate sees it differently.
I mean, based on last year it's not that big of a deal to lose a QB (or two). :wink:

I agree with moving him to WR though. I just don't see how a player that wasn't exactly a great QB to begin with could take a full year off from team activities to focus on school work and somehow become better. If Rovig gets back to full health he should be QB1 with Bauman as QB2. After that Murray would be battling Beltran and Jonsen for QB3. I still think he would play 10-20% of his snaps at "QB". He can be a more versatile Jonsen.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm

surprised nobody has mentioned this.... but I would LOVE to see Murray as the punt and kickoff return guy. I think he could be a game changer at those positions.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm
surprised nobody has mentioned this.... but I would LOVE to see Murray as the punt and kickoff return guy. I think he could be a game changer at those positions.
He's fast enough, that's for sure. But the ones who really do well at that are about half crazy...not afraid of anything. You have to have the skill set and the mentality. I don't know for sure but he almost seems too laid back for that.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
He's fast enough, that's for sure. But the ones who really do well at that are about half crazy...not afraid of anything. You have to have the skill set and the mentality. I don't know for sure but he almost seems too laid back for that.
Plus you have to be essentially perfect at catching kicks. I dropped punt is much more damaging that a dropped 5 yard pass. It would be great to have someone that fast running back kicks but he'd have to prove he can handle step 1 first.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Plus you have to be essentially perfect at catching kicks. I dropped punt is much more damaging that a dropped 5 yard pass. It would be great to have someone that fast running back kicks but he'd have to prove he can handle step 1 first.
Prove it? No way. Just run him out there as the return man without doing it once at practice.