Anyone know where to go to find any sports coverage on Bobcats?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Anyone know where to go to find any sports coverage on Bobcats?

Post by aucat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Last night the MSU Bobcat men beat Portland State in a home game. There were around 2300 fans on hand.

The evening broadcast of KBZK IN BOZEMAN completely boycotted the game.

There was NO MENTION at all of a game being played.

Instead the sports guy, Nick somebody from NY, covered a wrestling match.

I used to enjoy watching sports coverage by local stations, and Ted Dawson at Bozeman's KZBK was the best.

But since he retired and this Nick guy took over, it is horrible.

If anyone knows what station is covering MSU, please post. Thanks.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Anyone know where to go to find any sports coverage on Bobcats?

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:18 am

WOW, that stinks...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:39 am

Maybe try kwyb (abc or fox) or the nightly show on swx. I know that Aunica Koch from swx Montana was at the game all night as I saw her recording several times down on the base lines.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Just watched Fox/SWX in Bozeman and Aunica Koch showed her hilights of tonight's game with Sac State (they also showed hilights of Griz loss to PSU). Seemed to indicate we would see Coach Fish presser next week.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:29 am

Being from Helena, we were looking (on the radio dial) for a station to listen to the postgame interview. We finally found it on 1340 AM and another station was interfering with it and we could hardly make out the interview among the static. Obviously 1340 must be in like Livingston...? We found the ladies game on FM but no other station with the men on it.

Is 1340 the station Bozemanites listen to Bobcat men's Basketball on? If so, I almost feel as sorry for you as for myself trying to find the Cats in the IR!

I actually watched the end of the women's game on Pluto on my phone in Appelbee's!

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:53 am

I listen to Bobcat men's basketball on the TuneIn app, available on many platforms. On TuneIn, the 'Cats radio is carried on an MSU Bobcats Sports channel. On a given night you never need to know what actual station is broadcasting the game — the radio feed is streamed to TuneIn. The quality is excellent. And it has the added benefit of being able to be paused or positioned backward (or forward if it's been paused). We use this to synchronize the Bobcats radio feed with things like PlutoTV and get to avoid hearing the (sometimes really bad) announcers for other teams.

You can also stream the audio (for free) over the web from msubobcats.com.

I'm sorry I cannot tell you which local station carries the 'Cats because I always use a streaming option.

But if you are on the road, and need a station, there used to be a listing of the Bobcat Radio Network stations on msubobcats.com.

A Bozeman station always carries them (and the women). Don't need to listen to KPRK 1340 in Livingston — unless you are driving through.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 am

KMMS 1450 AM carries the games in Bozeman. If the women are playing at the same time their game will be on 103.5 FM. I only listen on the radio air waves when driving to and from the game otherwise I use the Tunein app or just go to the KMMS AM website and listen live there.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:23 pm

We are now live on SWX TV channel 199 from 4-6 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will cover the Bobcats thoroughly. We aired a Tricia Binford interview to lead and are currently airing a Tyler Hall interview. Tune in!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:23 pm
We are now live on SWX TV channel 199 from 4-6 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will cover the Bobcats thoroughly. We aired a Tricia Binford interview to lead and are currently airing a Tyler Hall interview. Tune in!
Glad to see this. It's a good solid show. Here's some pointers if you need them: