2018 Cat-griz replay on Pluto ...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cowgirlcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: 2018 Cat-griz replay on Pluto ...

Post by cowgirlcat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:40 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:21 pm
cowgirlcat wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:41 pm
It’s on again today at 4. I sure wish I had recording capabilities. I would love to have this on dvd to watch over and over. My internet is out so I can’t watch it today either 😕
Thanks! How did you figure out their program schedule?
I just looked at the app today.. I don’t know how to look ahead more than 6 hours or so though

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Replay on Big Sky Channel (230) today at 4 mtn

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Would like to see a 6-8 minute video of the highlights like they’ve done the past few years.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 am

cowgirlcat wrote:
It’s on again today at 4. I sure wish I had recording capabilities. I would love to have this on dvd to watch over and over. My internet is out so I can’t watch it today either 😕
Do you know of a way to record a streamed channel like PlutoTV?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:02 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 am
cowgirlcat wrote:
Do you know of a way to record a streamed channel like PlutoTV?
There are a few free streaming video capture programs out on the web. I tried OBS yesterday, it worked well for about the first 10 minutes but then must've been running out of memory because the video got choppy and eventually unwatchable. I don't think it was my internet connection speed, as the game was mostly watchable live. I think it was most likely a limitation of my laptop, either memory or CPU.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:02 am

I just re-watched the game on my DVR a couple days ago. As many of you have already said, it's almost as exciting the second time as it was watching it live. What I had sorta forgotten though, was how close UM came to scoring on the play prior to the timeout play. In fact watching it "live", I actually thought he got into the end zone, but the replay clearly showed that he was stopped just barely short of the goal line.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:10 am

John K wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:02 am
I just re-watched the game on my DVR a couple days ago. As many of you have already said, it's almost as exciting the second time as it was watching it live. What I had sorta forgotten though, was how close UM came to scoring on the play prior to the timeout play. In fact watching it "live", I actually thought he got into the end zone, but the replay clearly showed that he was stopped just barely short of the goal line.
Ifanse actually scored the second or third TD, but it wasn’t reviewed and Andersen scored on the next play.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:33 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:10 am
John K wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:02 am
Ifanse actually scored the second or third TD, but it wasn’t reviewed and Andersen scored on the next play.
Yep...you're right. The replay clearly showed that Ifanse crossed the goal line on that play.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 pm

I watched the 2nd half last night after work, and got the same nervous sweats I had in the South end zone where I watched the entire game from..even knowing the outcome....WOW! We could not see how close Ifanse was as it was the opposite end, and couldn't really see the replay from our seats on the score board, but the TV cast showed he did indeed score. If they had called it correctly the possibility that Troy only ties the Bobcat season TD record comes into play. That is the way the ball, and life bounces sometimes. On to 2019, and time for 4 IN A ROW! =D^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 pm

I still can't believe the cats won that game...…. crazy.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm

I watched the replay last night on Pluto. First time I've seen it on TV--amazing how I was still nervous and still giddy when that ball popped out on the goal line. You'd be hard pressed to find a more unlikely ending. Kind of like that Michigan/Michigan State game where Michigan basically just had to get a punt off and they'd win the game, but they fumbled and Michigan St ran it in for a TD with no time left.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Looks like it's on again tonight at 5pm. Pluto, channel 230.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:54 pm

They must be noticing the bump in viewership.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:40 pm

I could go without seeing another hair dryer add for sure! =;

Last night they missed a big chunk of the 3rd quarter but repeated other parts 2-3x.
Regardless it was fun to see again.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:02 pm

and for the love of God can someone PLEASE figure out how to extract the short video clip of Choate telling the official he was going to call a timeout and then hopefully the video shows him calling the timeout before the ball was snapped? The egrizzers simply cannot get past that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:02 pm
and for the love of God can someone PLEASE figure out how to extract the short video clip of Choate telling the official he was going to call a timeout and then hopefully the video shows him calling the timeout before the ball was snapped? The egrizzers simply cannot get past that.
I watched the replay pretty closely, looking for just that and I didn’t see it. The Cat bench is at the bottom of the screen out of the field of view of the camera.

That’s not to say it wasn’t caught by some camera somewhere, I’m just saying I didn’t see it on the Root telecast.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm

catatac wrote:
I guess if it Haunts them to their graves , I can live with that. It's their choice.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 pm

catatac wrote:
Why exactly do we care if eGriz can't get past that?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:12 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm
I watched the replay last night on Pluto. First time I've seen it on TV--amazing how I was still nervous and still giddy when that ball popped out on the goal line. You'd be hard pressed to find a more unlikely ending. Kind of like that Michigan/Michigan State game where Michigan basically just had to get a punt off and they'd win the game, but they fumbled and Michigan St ran it in for a TD with no time left.
Or the Cleveland v Denver game when Byner fumbled, but the circumstances were different because they were down 7. 1:12 to go. Ball on 8. He would’ve scored had he not fumbled.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 am

Cledus wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:28 pm
catatac wrote:
I watched the replay pretty closely, looking for just that and I didn’t see it. The Cat bench is at the bottom of the screen out of the field of view of the camera.

That’s not to say it wasn’t caught by some camera somewhere, I’m just saying I didn’t see it on the Root telecast.
I watched it last night and you can't see the bench but you can see a ref running onto the field to just prior to the snap.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!