Seniors Around the Big Sky

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Seniors Around the Big Sky

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Thought I'd take a look at the rosters around the Big Sky to see how many seniors are on each team this year. Info pulled from each team's website. Some sites differentiated RS seniors from Seniors, some didn't, so it's not quite a perfect comparison.

UC Davis- 16 seniors, including Doss. Maier will be back

Weber- 16 seniors

EWU- 27 seniors (22 listed as RS Sr, 5 as just Sr)

ID ST- 15 seniors (9 listed as RS Sr, 6 as Sr) includes T. Gueller and James Madison

MSU- 12 seniors, that includes Logan Jones, but not Colin Hammock, who is graduating early (the MSU football Instagram page shared a picture a couple days ago honoring 10 seniors)

UM- 11 seniors (6 listed as RS Sr, 5 as Sr)

Cal Poly- 16 seniors

NAU- 13 seniors and 2 grad students

Idaho- 10 seniors (5 RS Sr, 5 Sr)

PSU- 12 seniors

UNC- 20 seniors

SUU- 15 seniors (2 RS Sr, 15 Sr)

Sac St- 24 seniors

I didn't delve into how many of these are starters, each team's 2 deep is a little tougher to find.

EWU is always good, it's a good program, but I'd be surprised if they don't take a step back next year losing that many players to graduation.

I was surprised to see so many seniors on UNC and Sac St, they may struggle quite a bit again next year losing that many players.

Going off of the Instagram post from MSU, the 10 seniors the Cats will lose is tied for the lowest amount in the conference, showing how young they actually were again this year.

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Seniors Around the Big Sky

Post by RobertoGato » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 pm

The Cats have work ahead of them replacing the losses on the DL and at TE, but overall the depth chart for next season is in good shape. And it is nice that there are natural replacements ready to step in up front on defense-- Benson for Wright, Williams for Yates, and Marks for Fa'anono. I just hope that enough of the deeper depth can step up so that the Cats maintain their strength at those positions. Of course, we didn't have Sterk this time last year so a lot can change.

There are four TE's on the roster who were freshmen or sophomores this year, but we don't know much about them because they were all stuck behind three seniors. So with the log jam breaking up, it will be interesting to see who asserts himself. I recall some excitement when Derryk Snell committed last year. I think a drop down or JC transfer at TE would be pretty helpful.

But aside from those spots, they lost what-- two guys? Alex Neale and Grant Collins are the only other two coming to mind.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Seniors Around the Big Sky

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 pm
The Cats have work ahead of them replacing the losses on the DL and at TE, but overall the depth chart for next season is in good shape. And it is nice that there are natural replacements ready to step in up front on defense-- Benson for Wright, Williams for Yates, and Marks for Fa'anono. I just hope that enough of the deeper depth can step up so that the Cats maintain their strength at those positions. Of course, we didn't have Sterk this time last year so a lot can change.

There are four TE's on the roster who were freshmen or sophomores this year, but we don't know much about them because they were all stuck behind three seniors. So with the log jam breaking up, it will be interesting to see who asserts himself. I recall some excitement when Derryk Snell committed last year. I think a drop down or JC transfer at TE would be pretty helpful.

But aside from those spots, they lost what-- two guys? Alex Neale and Grant Collins are the only other two coming to mind.
According to that Instagram post, it’s officially Neale, Hammock, Brott, Sullivan, Amos, D’Agostino on offense and Fa’anono, Yates, Collins, and Wright on defense.

The official roster from MSUbobcats.com also has Dre Jackson (I’m assuming he wasn’t actually on the roster anymore? Never heard anything about him and he wasn’t honored on senior day), Logan Jones (we know he’ll be back), and Jabarri Johnson (still unknown here if he will/can play anymore).

That’s the 12 seniors + one junior that’s graduating early.