The Official/unofficial Cats vs ndsu game day thread...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Official/unofficial Cats vs ndsu game day thread...

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:49 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 pm
Sorry I really must say that I see no way the refs are losing us this game... We are fundamentally NOT DOING OUR JOB today.
Oh, absolutely not. Refs have nothing to do with being absolutely ridden out of town in this game. That being said though, they're also letting NDSU get away with murder on both sides of the ball without throwing a flag. The facemask on Collins should be evidence enough.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. We are totally outmatched. Why not just admit it rather than blaming the referees?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:49 pm

catsack wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:48 pm
KittieKop wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Sorry I really must say that I see no way the refs are losing us this game... We are fundamentally NOT DOING OUR JOB today.
Oh, absolutely not. Refs have nothing to do with being absolutely ridden out of town in this game. That being said though, they're also letting NDSU get away with murder on both sides of the ball without throwing a flag. The facemask on Collins should be evidence enough.
According to the rules the offensive player can stiff arm the face mask of a defensive player
But he can't pull the defender down...

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:50 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:11 pm
2010, lose 42-17 at home to NDSU and was a humiliating demoralizing loss to what was going to be the eventual national champions.

This one might be 49-3 at halftime, but it's all ok because we were supposed to lose anyway?
We have about 4-5 guys who would get consistent playing time on NDSU. I'm not sure what you expected. NDSU is a stellar team. We're an average BSC team.

Comparing this to the 2010 game where we lost even though we were arguably as talented, is incredibly shortsighted and foolish.
Out of all the fans on this board I’ve decided Kittie has the highest expectations. Nothing wrong with that. But hard for him to relate to more pragmatic fans. There are weeks I wish more had his fire...and weeks where I know he’s just gonna be angry. This was an angry week.
I'm not angry at all. I'm just wondering why a 42-17 loss in 2010 was a horrible loss, but some are OK with this one 38-3 at halftime because they're just happy to be in the playoffs and the spread was 28.5 points?

I don't think I have the highest expectations, I just don't think a lot of fans are fair or even in their expectations, and tend to look back on history with an unfair negative perspective. That's all. I'm horribly disappointed in the showing so far by MSU in this game, I can say that.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

MountainCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MountainCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:51 pm

This game is a stepping stone for our team, nothing more... Anyone who believed we would be competitive in this game was ultra deep into the kool-aid this week. The talent levels between our teams have a very obvious gap in literally every position group, the Cats don’t look to have a single player that would start for this Bison team on either side. Give the Bison credit, they’re wicked good!

Let’s see how our Cats respond in the second half. We’re a young team, hopefully our players and coaches are taking notes. Considering our entire season has had band-aid after band-aid applied to quarterbacks, offensive coordinators, and the defense, we’ve somehow squeezed out wins. It’s going to take time for MSU to show out. C’mon Cats!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:51 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:23 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 pm
pick play in the endzone and no call.
its 35-3 & thats what your concerned with?

please guys, your program is fine, you ran into a buzz saw. use it as a measuring stick.. get better next year.
I’m with lakes here. The face mask on us when their guy face masked us was bad. Other than that, haven’t even noticed the refs. Dudes are getting 12-17 yards a carry on us. 4 tds on 6 carries.

Their offense is legit. Their defense is legit. What seemed like trash talk all week just turned out to be accurate predictions.

No one is touching NDSU this year. Couldn’t be more impressed.

2nd half I’m just looking to see some fight.

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:52 pm

That was a weak call on Konkol. Nice to see Hill back.

-Elias P. Harmon-

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:52 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:49 pm
KittieKop wrote:
RickRund wrote:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. We are totally outmatched. Why not just admit it rather than blaming the referees?
What you just wrote is the dumbest thing I think I've ever read. Can you read? Here, let me speak up: THE REFS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING ABSOLUTELY RIDDEN OUT OF TOWN IN THIS GAME!! Clear enough?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Josh Hill INT! =D^ =D^ =D^

catsack
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catsack » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catsack wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
RickRund wrote:
According to the rules the offensive player can stiff arm the face mask of a defensive player
True enough

usavyadams
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by usavyadams » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm

No comment by announcers for interception and nice play by Hill!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:57 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm
lakesbison wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:23 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 pm
pick play in the endzone and no call.
its 35-3 & thats what your concerned with?

please guys, your program is fine, you ran into a buzz saw. use it as a measuring stick.. get better next year.

We pretty much know where we were and how far we've come. I just didn't think all of your linemen are SEC type monsters and you were this deep with skill kids. It's much appreciated your OC is starting to keep everything between the hashmarks already...and most of those complaining today are the same ones who thought Messingham was an idiot when he was at MSU.
His play calling here was awful though
Say what you will I suppose. Were I to make a comparison, I'd compare this Bobcat team physically to that team two years ago and state this years team would be doing about the same thing NDSU is doing to our kids today. Athletically, this is much better than two years ago. Bigger, faster and much stronger.

Our program still has a long way to go to state we are among those top tier teams from the MVFC or CAA. Even East put an emphasis on defensive linemen and running backs for this time of year to have a better chance at what you're watching today. We still have a very competitive Big Sky Conference team.

And yes, I realize I caught hell on this site for making preseason predictions Choate's first two teams would be lucky to win any games at all but I believe he's making progress. Messingham walked into the same mess Choate took on. What's his record in Fargo?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:57 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:50 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
2010, lose 42-17 at home to NDSU and was a humiliating demoralizing loss to what was going to be the eventual national champions.

This one might be 49-3 at halftime, but it's all ok because we were supposed to lose anyway?
We have about 4-5 guys who would get consistent playing time on NDSU. I'm not sure what you expected. NDSU is a stellar team. We're an average BSC team.

Comparing this to the 2010 game where we lost even though we were arguably as talented, is incredibly shortsighted and foolish.
Out of all the fans on this board I’ve decided Kittie has the highest expectations. Nothing wrong with that. But hard for him to relate to more pragmatic fans. There are weeks I wish more had his fire...and weeks where I know he’s just gonna be angry. This was an angry week.
I'm not angry at all. I'm just wondering why a 42-17 loss in 2010 was a horrible loss, but some are OK with this one 38-3 at halftime because they're just happy to be in the playoffs and the spread was 28.5 points?

I don't think I have the highest expectations, I just don't think a lot of fans are fair or even in their expectations, and tend to look back on history with an unfair negative perspective. That's all. I'm horribly disappointed in the showing so far by MSU in this game, I can say that.
Because in 2010 we were an evenly matched team winning in the 3rd quarter.

The circumstances matter.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:58 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:50 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

I hear ya man. Obviously we all would have liked to see a closer game. But I can see what’s on front of me. The lines alone aren’t even close strength and size wise. We think Anderson is a bad man...that running back of theirs is a beast. I’m saying they’re in year 8+ of a dynasty. We’re in year three of a reconstruction. While I’m disappointed, I’m not wholly surprised. Despite me being excited all week, in my gut I knew this was a possibility.

I do think we need to stop griping about the refs. Think...if the Griz were in this game and we were at home and they were going on and on about the refs we’d be killing them for it. We just got wholloped.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:59 pm

catsack wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
catsack wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
RickRund wrote:
True enough
Just after this post they finally flagged Dunn for it, but then flagged Konkol for lobbying for the penalty since they haven't called ****** all day... It's this ****** that's pissing me off, not that we're losing to a better team.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:59 pm

This game is exactly why TA will not be QB after today. This offense will not get us into national title contention. Nothing against TA but it just won't.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Josh Hill, nice fill and tackle!

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StatedImprovement » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:02 pm

at least the Bison punter finally got on the field

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Not taking anything away from Collins, but Hill when he is healthy and playing is our best LB... hands down.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:04 pm

:arrow:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm
WYCAT wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:09 pm
We may have been playing with house money but this should show everyone just how far away we are from where we want to go. We are light years from being a national contender again.
Disagree. Football isn't transitive like that, IMO. If we lose by 50 today, it doesn't mean we're 7 touchdowns from national relevance. It's about matchups. These guys are the same as us, except better at every position in the trenches, and the entire defense. Doesn't mean that's true any time after today, or certainly next year. We're better than we're showing, it's a bad matchup and a team not built to play from behind. House money.
Ok, but why did we get equally shellacked by SDSU & EWU. I think there's a lot of making excuses going on here. We're probably too 20, but a long way from competing with a Top 5/8 program.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:10 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:04 pm
:arrow:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm
WYCAT wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:09 pm
We may have been playing with house money but this should show everyone just how far away we are from where we want to go. We are light years from being a national contender again.
Disagree. Football isn't transitive like that, IMO. If we lose by 50 today, it doesn't mean we're 7 touchdowns from national relevance. It's about matchups. These guys are the same as us, except better at every position in the trenches, and the entire defense. Doesn't mean that's true any time after today, or certainly next year. We're better than we're showing, it's a bad matchup and a team not built to play from behind. House money.
Ok, but why did we get equally shellacked by SDSU & EWU. I think there's a lot of making excuses going on here. We're probably too 20, but a long way from competing with a Top 5/8 program.
I think we’ll be flirting with pre-season top 10...and I think that’s correct. Returning pretty much the whole team while holding the QB position together with wood screws this season. Also, lots of injuries to the secondary this game. They won’t base it on this game. The Jacks are probably the 1 team that can run with NDSU so that was a good loss. We’re fine folks.