The Official/unofficial Cats vs ndsu game day thread...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

usavyadams
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: The Official/unofficial Cats vs ndsu game day thread...

Post by usavyadams » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:26 pm

catsack wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:10 pm
usavyadams wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:05 pm
Flag that d-bag for the antics after the TD.....i hate it when anyone does that crap. Just play the damn game and act like you've been there before
Nothing wrong with that celebration!!
Correct, nothing wrong with celebration but flag that crap....@ any level. Act like you've been there before. Like a bronc rider who scores 88 and waves, you don't see alot of celebration.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:26 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:23 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:18 pm
pick play in the endzone and no call.
its 35-3 & thats what your concerned with?

please guys, your program is fine, you ran into a buzz saw. use it as a measuring stick.. get better next year.
We were never going to win, but the complete and utter favoritism shown by these refs is appalling.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm

lakesbison wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

please guys, your program is fine, you ran into a buzz saw. use it as a measuring stick.. get better next year.

We pretty much know where we were and how far we've come. I just didn't think all of your linemen are SEC type monsters and you were this deep with skill kids. It's much appreciated your OC is starting to keep everything between the hashmarks already...and most of those complaining today are the same ones who thought Messingham was an idiot when he was at MSU.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:10 pm
The team on the whole from Coaches on down seem lethargic and just happy for the plane ride. Not sure what it is, but it's bad!
Agreed. This is what has me frustrated. I wasn’t banking on winning but thought we’d put up a fight and throw some punches. We need to take some chances. Our best plays to this point was a deep throw offensively and when we’ve blitzed defensively. Unfortunately we only do either on rare occasion.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm
lakesbison wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

We pretty much know where we were and how far we've come. I just didn't think all of your linemen are SEC type monsters and you were this deep with skill kids. It's much appreciated your OC is starting to keep everything between the hashmarks already...and most of those complaining today are the same ones who thought Messingham was an idiot when he was at MSU.
His play calling here was awful though

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:31 pm

All our weaknesses are being exploited! The biggest being our LB's. Once hole is hit by the RB we have no one to fill the gaps. We are not gap sound today, we were over pursing earlier, now we are reacting late and slow. It almost looks like they have given up. If that continues, that will be very very disappointing, even more than a loss.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:11 pm
2010, lose 42-17 at home to NDSU and was a humiliating demoralizing loss to what was going to be the eventual national champions.

This one might be 49-3 at halftime, but it's all ok because we were supposed to lose anyway?
We have about 4-5 guys who would get consistent playing time on NDSU. I'm not sure what you expected. NDSU is a stellar team. We're an average BSC team.

Comparing this to the 2010 game where we lost even though we were arguably as talented, is incredibly shortsighted and foolish.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 pm

I don’t care about the refs or the score. We need to show some ****** pride and come out swinging 2nd half.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 pm

This is why no FBS program wants to play them. Wow. They are totally dominating us. I thought we would show better than this.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:33 pm

utucats wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 pm
I don’t care about the refs or the score. We need to show some ****** pride and come out swinging 2nd half.
Exactly this.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

His play calling here was awful though

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 pm

utucats wrote:
I think we will. Did you see how angry Troy was at the end of the last half. Shoved the kid who tackled him while both were on the ground. They’ll be fired up.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Sorry I really must say that I see no way the refs are losing us this game... We are fundamentally NOT DOING OUR JOB today.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CatsNoMatterWhat

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:11 pm
2010, lose 42-17 at home to NDSU and was a humiliating demoralizing loss to what was going to be the eventual national champions.

This one might be 49-3 at halftime, but it's all ok because we were supposed to lose anyway?
We have about 4-5 guys who would get consistent playing time on NDSU. I'm not sure what you expected. NDSU is a stellar team. We're an average BSC team.

Comparing this to the 2010 game where we lost even though we were arguably as talented, is incredibly shortsighted and foolish.
Out of all the fans on this board I’ve decided Kittie has the highest expectations. Nothing wrong with that. But hard for him to relate to more pragmatic fans. There are weeks I wish more had his fire...and weeks where I know he’s just gonna be angry. This was an angry week.

CatsNoMatterWhat

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:36 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 pm
Sorry I really must say that I see no way the refs are losing us this game... We are fundamentally NOT DOING OUR JOB today.
If we were getting every call we’d be down. It would be closer...but we’d be down. That said, I wish the calls were more even.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm

RickRund wrote:
Oh, absolutely not. Refs have nothing to do with being absolutely ridden out of town in this game. That being said though, they're also letting NDSU get away with murder on both sides of the ball without throwing a flag. The facemask on Collins should be evidence enough.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:39 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm
RickRund wrote:
Oh, absolutely not. Refs have nothing to do with being absolutely ridden out of town in this game. That being said though, they're also letting NDSU get away with murder on both sides of the ball without throwing a flag. The facemask on Collins should be evidence enough.
Exactly this^

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm

WYCAT wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:09 pm
We may have been playing with house money but this should show everyone just how far away we are from where we want to go. We are light years from being a national contender again.
Disagree. Football isn't transitive like that, IMO. If we lose by 50 today, it doesn't mean we're 7 touchdowns from national relevance. It's about matchups. These guys are the same as us, except better at every position in the trenches, and the entire defense. Doesn't mean that's true any time after today, or certainly next year. We're better than we're showing, it's a bad matchup and a team not built to play from behind. House money.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:48 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:42 pm
WYCAT wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:09 pm
We may have been playing with house money but this should show everyone just how far away we are from where we want to go. We are light years from being a national contender again.
Disagree. Football isn't transitive like that, IMO. If we lose by 50 today, it doesn't mean we're 7 touchdowns from national relevance. It's about matchups. These guys are the same as us, except better at every position in the trenches, and the entire defense. Doesn't mean that's true any time after today, or certainly next year. We're better than we're showing, it's a bad matchup and a team not built to play from behind. House money.
We don't match up well with this team, our D line, is being handled, but our LB's are non existent. This is a huge need to fix next year, or we will be playing good teams like this until the cows come home. Our D backfield is decimated and doesn't have the heart to tackle these big backs. Offensively, well, we know what we have to do.
Last edited by catsrback76 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catsack
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catsack » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:48 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm
RickRund wrote:
According to the rules the offensive player can stiff arm the face mask of a defensive player