NDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: NDSU

Post by RobertCats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:43 pm

BizonProud wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:34 pm
You just don't get it. I'm not even saying Troy Andersen is good. I'm saying he is a converted LB who can't really throw and we built an offense around that which includes QB power. We've ran some sing-wing sets this year. It's very uncommon in today's football. But when I say single-wing you probably think of the one chicken wing left on your plate at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Maybe the question we should ask is, have you played a team that regularly runs QB power plays? Not just in special conditions but regularly and in different down and distanced from anywhere on the field. I cant think of another team that does this like we do.
No one has ever seen a team like yours, or players of that caliber, or an offensive line that good. All those years we've been winning Championships it was against ****** teams compared to yours!!! Hahahaha..... cant wait to hear the excuses after the game..."they deserved it the way we played", or one of the hundreds of others. All going down Saturday... hahaha
****** man, get over yourself. No one EVER said you are facing an amazing qb, just a unique/unorthodox one. We were curious if any opponent in last year or two had a qb as unique as Troy. We wanted to know if maybe you did and he had some production or if you bottled him up. There is a small chance Troy runs for 150 yards on you, a good chance he gets bottled up for less than 75, ALL WE WERE ASKING WAS HOW YOU WOULD MATCHUP! You would never have faced a qb like me before either, a slow, overweight southpaw with a noodle arm, saying I’m unique is in no way saying I would have success.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 pm

BizonProud wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
You just don't get it. I'm not even saying Troy Andersen is good. I'm saying he is a converted LB who can't really throw and we built an offense around that which includes QB power. We've ran some sing-wing sets this year. It's very uncommon in today's football. But when I say single-wing you probably think of the one chicken wing left on your plate at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Maybe the question we should ask is, have you played a team that regularly runs QB power plays? Not just in special conditions but regularly and in different down and distanced from anywhere on the field. I cant think of another team that does this like we do.
No one has ever seen a team like yours, or players of that caliber, or an offensive line that good. All those years we've been winning Championships it was against ****** teams compared to yours!!! Hahahaha..... cant wait to hear the excuses after the game..."they deserved it the way we played", or one of the hundreds of others. All going down Saturday... hahaha
You’re what my wife would call “extra”.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm
The Bison are experienced, talented and skilled, but their best attribute is they’re very disciplined and play to whistle every down.
Great qualities in a team. And great coaching. It's a shame when the fans become arrogant and entitled for successes that aren't theirs and make the program look awful.

I guess I'm an Alabama fan which automatically makes me better than all of you and no one better even TRY to talk football with me because as a Tide fan that is so beneath me....

:roll:
1 ndsu poster (who could be a griz) is trolling and acting arrogant.

myself and other ndsu fans are just very very very confident because 107-8 and 6 titles allows us to be that. so I dont see the arrogance, cmon man.

ok maybe 2.

hey, best qb ndsu has faced. they face every day.
Trey Lance. Freshman QB on scout team. He turned down Boise State and Iowa, dude is a stud! in 2 games he played this year, hes ran for 40+ touchdowns.
I’m a Minnesota guy so I know all about lance. He has all the makings to be a great one.

It’s been more than one fan. While I’m not gonna take the time to register and attempt to talk football on that board, I’ve read all 46+ pages. Most of it’s just crap. It’s one thing to be a fan confident in the team you root for. It’s a whole other thing being arrogant, smug, condescending and simply an asshole because you happen to be a fan of a really good team.

This isn’t just a NDSU thing. It’s common. Fans in general become so entitled and like to act like they accomplished something because they happen to like a good team. Frankly it’s a joke.

If I were you I’d be very confident in my team. They are excellent. And very well coached. Unlike their fans they are disciplined and ready to play anyone, anytime, without overlooking an opponent. Unlike their fans, their actions will actually impact the game and they know it. I have all the respect in the world for that coach and team.

It’s not even worth trying to discuss football any more. We mention a player and the response will be either said player won’t do anything because your players are so much better.....or a sarcastic response suggesting we’re all acting like this player is all world and can’t be stopped. Neither has been the case no matter how much some trolls try to act like it is.

I have no issue with you lakes. You’re a good poster. And I don’t take these boards too seriously. But I’m serious when I say that many of your fans make the 90’s griz fans look like the most humble modest fans on the planet. And they didn’t earn anything just like bison fans haven’t earned anything.

Good luck Saturday. Have fun!

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:00 pm

Well, remember bisonville posters are pretty tight group of guys that tailgate together and I'd say 90% of the posts are comical and try to out do each other don't take the Schtick too seriously. I am the biggest s talker there is, but staying in fcs is waining on me to be honest....

But also to be honest, I was very good friends with a lot of the NDSU players from 2010-2014....still talk to many.... And I can't tell you how many times they'd say to me. " lakes, we laugh and giggle when we see all the smack talking online....keep it up, we got your backs on the field"

Sooooo. Yeah, it's life, it's the internet, it's entertainment.... We have 0 issues with bobcat fans, trust me.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm
The Bison are experienced, talented and skilled, but their best attribute is they’re very disciplined and play to whistle every down.
Great qualities in a team. And great coaching. It's a shame when the fans become arrogant and entitled for successes that aren't theirs and make the program look awful.

I guess I'm an Alabama fan which automatically makes me better than all of you and no one better even TRY to talk football with me because as a Tide fan that is so beneath me....

:roll:
1 ndsu poster (who could be a griz) is trolling and acting arrogant.

myself and other ndsu fans are just very very very confident because 107-8 and 6 titles allows us to be that. so I dont see the arrogance, cmon man.

ok maybe 2.

hey, best qb ndsu has faced. they face every day.
Trey Lance. Freshman QB on scout team. He turned down Boise State and Iowa, dude is a stud! in 2 games he played this year, hes ran for 40+ touchdowns.
Wait! you're telling us that your scout team QB has played in 2 games and has scored more than 40 touchdowns? With that kind of production it's surprising that he isn't your starter.

In case your sarcasm detector isn't working I'm just taking your sentence as written in the most literal way possible.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:00 pm
Well, remember bisonville posters are pretty tight group of guys that tailgate together and I'd say 90% of the posts are comical and try to out do each other don't take the Schtick too seriously. I am the biggest s talker there is, but staying in fcs is waining on me to be honest....

But also to be honest, I was very good friends with a lot of the NDSU players from 2010-2014....still talk to many.... And I can't tell you how many times they'd say to me. " lakes, we laugh and giggle when we see all the smack talking online....keep it up, we got your backs on the field"

Sooooo. Yeah, it's life, it's the internet, it's entertainment.... We have 0 issues with bobcat fans, trust me.
Honest question for you. What conference would you see NDSU going to in the FBS and being a team that makes noise every year while getting national recognition?

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:51 pm

Just like every week, the best football player on the field will be on our side. Troy ****** Andersen

hammerhead
New Recruit

Post by hammerhead » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:37 am

I'm sure some players choose FCS teams to get more playing time instead of riding the pine for most of their college career. Or maybe they just want the chance to be in the playoffs instead of hoping for the Little Ceasar's Bowl in Detroit.

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:03 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:22 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:58 am
lakesbison wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:40 am
catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:42 am
I'm not super interested in talking smack with Bizon fans here, so I don't want to hear about how good NDSU is but I do have a couple questions for those fans. Do you think you've faced players in the skill positions as fast as Troy Andersen and Travis Jonsen? Secondly, have you faced an RB that runs as hard as Isaiah Ifanse? Lastly, have you faced an OL as good as what MSU has? Serious questions because I don't know.
Jerrick Mckinnon Georgia Southern/ Vikings
David Johnson UNI Arizona

another southern team that claims "southern speed"

#11 IOWA had some faster guys 2 years ago i'd imagine and a tad better O LIne.

ps- I don't know BizonProud but I could guess.... and he's doing a bad job trolling..... if he is a NDSU fan, you'd think he'd figure out my troll moves by now.... err i mean someone else's. :lol:
I don't recall seeing McKinnon or Johnson playing against you guys the last few years, unless I missed the Bison jumping to the NFL for their big pay games.
We played both in the dome and on the road. You must be pretty young or just not observant. Either way enjoy the game and see for yourself.
My point is the original question was pertaining to this year, or maybe the last couple. McKinnon and Johnson were drafted in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Not really relevant to the question.
Sorry to blow up your cool story, bottom line is the Bison have played against good competition. My question is if these players you are touting are the awesome world beaters you're making them out to be why have you lost 4 games? I would think you'd be 12-0 or 11-0 and not had to play a playin game.
nice logic. :lol:

and if all your players are so amazing, so big and strong, fastest guys ever.....why are they not playing for my favorite squad Alabama? or anywhere in the fbs for that matter? doesn't make sense. There is no possible way these guys are as good as you claim or they'd be playing for big time power 5 school right....?

#-o

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 pm

lakesbison wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what NDSU fans even want from an opposing fanbase. They don't want you to try and talk any football. They certainly don't want to hear about who you think are your good players or the strengths of your team. They just don't want to hear about your team, period. So it's pretty clear they'd just rather not have other fans on the board.

BizonProud
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BizonProud » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:12 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 pm
BizonProud wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
You’re what my wife would call “extra”.
She would definitely say that! A whole lot of extra, but let's concentrate on football and not personal characteristics!

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 pm
lakesbison wrote:

Honest question for you. What conference would you see NDSU going to in the FBS and being a team that makes noise every year while getting national recognition?
Mountain West makes the most sense, Land Grant Institutions with Boise St, Fresno St and Wyoming/Colorado St are rivalries.

Dream is Big 12 with a new 48,000 stadium, I mean if pud towns like Ames Iowa & Manhattan/Lawrence can do it, surely Fargo could.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:

Mountain West makes the most sense, Land Grant Institutions with Boise St, Fresno St and Wyoming/Colorado St are rivalries.

Dream is Big 12 with a new 48,000 stadium, I mean if pud towns like Ames Iowa & Manhattan/Lawrence can do it, surely Fargo could.
I was going to say you were crazy if you were thinking Big Ten but what you said makes perfect sense. The Big 12 wouldn't want you guys because you play defense though haha.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm
lakesbison wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:

I was going to say you were crazy if you were thinking Big Ten but what you said makes perfect sense. The Big 12 wouldn't want you guys because you play defense though haha.
I guess I just don't get the appeal of the MW. Not much better than the Sun Belt or wherever it was that APP ST and GEO S went to as far as national attention. Appy has actually been pretty good since moving up but other than getting in the top 25 for like a minute, I haven't heard really anything about them since they moved. None of the rest of 5 are ever going to win a national championship even if you go undefeated two years in a row cause the big boys won't play you to bump your schedule up. If NDSU could somehow get to the Big12 that would be interesting for sure.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm

technoCat wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm
lakesbison wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:

I guess I just don't get the appeal of the MW. Not much better than the Sun Belt or wherever it was that APP ST and GEO S went to as far as national attention. Appy has actually been pretty good since moving up but other than getting in the top 25 for like a minute, I haven't heard really anything about them since they moved. None of the rest of 5 are ever going to win a national championship even if you go undefeated two years in a row cause the big boys won't play you to bump your schedule up. If NDSU could somehow get to the Big12 that would be interesting for sure.
I don't get that appeal either, it just makes sense if they want to move up that badly. The only team anyone in the country knows about from the MW is Boise, and most people east of the Dakotas probably don't know about them.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm

The only part I don't understand is why there was a 2 day delay for the bizons to come on here and muck everything up on our board. If my math is correct, and I think it is, they actually arrived on egriz to further muck that place up before they hit us with their total idiocy. :shock: Doesn't make any sense.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:35 pm

utucats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:51 pm
Just like every week, the best football player on the field will be on our side. Troy ****** Andersen
This is the one week where I don't think that is true.

I hope Andersen is eventually as good at LB as Jabril Cox is right now

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm
The only part I don't understand is why there was a 2 day delay for the bizons to come on here and muck everything up on our board. If my math is correct, and I think it is, they actually arrived on egriz to further muck that place up before they hit us with their total idiocy. :shock: Doesn't make any sense.
Hey that's a good thing you're saying right there. I thought the Bizon invasion was going to be 1000% times worse than it has been.

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 pm

utucats wrote:
wanna wager who gets drafted higher? Anderson, Stick or Jabril Cox or Greg Menard?

its friday night, get out on the town bobcat fans, enjoy fargo and make sure you are tailgating by 1030am tomorrow and walk around!!

Good luck

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 pm
utucats wrote:
wanna wager who gets drafted higher? Anderson, Stick or Jabril Cox or Greg Menard?

its friday night, get out on the town bobcat fans, enjoy fargo and make sure you are tailgating by 1030am tomorrow and walk around!!

Good luck

An experienced bettor would know that's not a good bet.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:38 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 pm
lakesbison wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:58 pm
utucats wrote:

Good luck

An experienced bettor would know that's not a good bet.
Why don't we get Jonsen in the pool. If he continues on his upward trajectory he might surprise everyone. He has the NFL body.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN