NDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: NDSU

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:01 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:49 am
nice USA TODAY article on NDSU Quarterbacks today:

https://www.facebook.com/NdsuBisonFootballFans link to it there I think
ya stick is an absolute stud.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am
Don't get all fired up over this guy, he's clearly trolling.

As much as this has been the inverse of our season, I do think this one will be decided in the 1st, maybe early into the 2nd quarter. We've had slow starts but in many of those games you knew it was a matter of time before we broke off a big play and stormed back. If that's how this game starts, I don't think we'll be storming back.
Yeah we will not be wearing down the Bison in this game. So I hope they have some other things in store for them early in the game. The holes have usually opened up using the Tenderizer (Iffanse) and TA a lot in the first half, but we will have to throw a mix of run/pass/misdirection in this game (first half). If we ram a square peg into a round hole the first half and get down 2-3 scores I don't think we'll be storming back like the Griz game either.
What I find amusing is the Bison fan board says our team reminds them of the 2010 Bison team. The cats hung with that team until the 4th quarter in the 2010 playoff game.

BizonProud
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BizonProud » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:35 pm

exppi wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:17 pm
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:37 am
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am
Don't get all fired up over this guy, he's clearly trolling.

As much as this has been the inverse of our season, I do think this one will be decided in the 1st, maybe early into the 2nd quarter. We've had slow starts but in many of those games you knew it was a matter of time before we broke off a big play and stormed back. If that's how this game starts, I don't think we'll be storming back.
Yeah we will not be wearing down the Bison in this game. So I hope they have some other things in store for them early in the game. The holes have usually opened up using the Tenderizer (Iffanse) and TA a lot in the first half, but we will have to throw a mix of run/pass/misdirection in this game (first half). If we ram a square peg into a round hole the first half and get down 2-3 scores I don't think we'll be storming back like the Griz game either.
What I find amusing is the Bison fan board says our team reminds them of the 2010 Bison team. The cats hung with that team until the 4th quarter in the 2010 playoff game.
and then...?

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:58 am
lakesbison wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:40 am
catatac wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:42 am
I'm not super interested in talking smack with Bizon fans here, so I don't want to hear about how good NDSU is but I do have a couple questions for those fans. Do you think you've faced players in the skill positions as fast as Troy Andersen and Travis Jonsen? Secondly, have you faced an RB that runs as hard as Isaiah Ifanse? Lastly, have you faced an OL as good as what MSU has? Serious questions because I don't know.
Jerrick Mckinnon Georgia Southern/ Vikings
David Johnson UNI Arizona

another southern team that claims "southern speed"

#11 IOWA had some faster guys 2 years ago i'd imagine and a tad better O LIne.

ps- I don't know BizonProud but I could guess.... and he's doing a bad job trolling..... if he is a NDSU fan, you'd think he'd figure out my troll moves by now.... err i mean someone else's. :lol:
I don't recall seeing McKinnon or Johnson playing against you guys the last few years, unless I missed the Bison jumping to the NFL for their big pay games.
We played both in the dome and on the road. You must be pretty young or just not observant. Either way enjoy the game and see for yourself.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:22 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
catatac wrote:
I'm not super interested in talking smack with Bizon fans here, so I don't want to hear about how good NDSU is but I do have a couple questions for those fans. Do you think you've faced players in the skill positions as fast as Troy Andersen and Travis Jonsen? Secondly, have you faced an RB that runs as hard as Isaiah Ifanse? Lastly, have you faced an OL as good as what MSU has? Serious questions because I don't know.

ps- I don't know BizonProud but I could guess.... and he's doing a bad job trolling..... if he is a NDSU fan, you'd think he'd figure out my troll moves by now.... err i mean someone else's. :lol:
I don't recall seeing McKinnon or Johnson playing against you guys the last few years, unless I missed the Bison jumping to the NFL for their big pay games.
We played both in the dome and on the road. You must be pretty young or just not observant. Either way enjoy the game and see for yourself.
My point is the original question was pertaining to this year, or maybe the last couple. McKinnon and Johnson were drafted in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Not really relevant to the question.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm

The Bison are experienced, talented and skilled, but their best attribute is they’re very disciplined and play to whistle every down.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm
The Bison are experienced, talented and skilled, but their best attribute is they’re very disciplined and play to whistle every down.
Great qualities in a team. And great coaching. It's a shame when the fans become arrogant and entitled for successes that aren't theirs and make the program look awful.

I guess I'm an Alabama fan which automatically makes me better than all of you and no one better even TRY to talk football with me because as a Tide fan that is so beneath me....

:roll:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:44 pm

To answer catatac’s question the Bison played Poly and completely shut them down. SDSU got a 61 yard run, but not much else. Illinois State probably had the best day vs. NDSU with 158 on 33 carries. That includes a sack for-9 yards. I don’t know if anyone gave them the multiple looks in the run game that MSU has.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:22 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
catatac wrote:

My point is the original question was pertaining to this year, or maybe the last couple. McKinnon and Johnson were drafted in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Not really relevant to the question.
Sorry to blow up your cool story, bottom line is the Bison have played against good competition. My question is if these players you are touting are the awesome world beaters you're making them out to be why have you lost 4 games? I would think you'd be 12-0 or 11-0 and not had to play a playin game.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:55 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
BisonBacker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
catatac wrote:

Sorry to blow up your cool story, bottom line is the Bison have played against good competition. My question is if these players you are touting are the awesome world beaters you're making them out to be why have you lost 4 games? I would think you'd be 12-0 or 11-0 and not had to play a playin game.
Funny that you Bison posters have been calling us sensitive this whole week and here you are being a cry sack. Nobody said our guys were world beaters, but they aren't average Joe's either. I realize the Bison are great and have played good competition.

So back to my point, the original question hasn't been answered for recent years. Nobody cares that you played McKinnon and Johnson 4 years ago.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:59 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:55 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BisonBacker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
catatac wrote:

Funny that you Bison posters have been calling us sensitive this whole week and here you are being a cry sack. Nobody said our guys were world beaters, but they aren't average Joe's either. I realize the Bison are great and have played good competition.

So back to my point, the original question hasn't been answered for recent years. Nobody cares that you played McKinnon and Johnson 4 years ago.
You're right we've seen nothing like the 1st rounders thr Bobcats will be lining up against the Bison not sure why we are even playing the game. You should win with just TA on the field. You win lol

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:03 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
BisonBacker wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
catatac wrote:

nice logic. :lol:

and if all your players are so amazing, so big and strong, fastest guys ever.....why are they not playing for my favorite squad Alabama? or anywhere in the fbs for that matter? doesn't make sense. There is no possible way these guys are as good as you claim or they'd be playing for big time power 5 school right....?

#-o

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Bizonbacker: since MSU changed OCs it’s averaging just under 300 rush yards per game, which is about 90 more than it averaged the previous seven games and 60 more than the top run team NDSU faced. So people are wondering if you faced a similar crew and style. It’s not a tough question.

Like any fans facing a really good team, MSU fans are looking for something that will give them hope.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:15 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm
Bizonbacker: since MSU changed OCs it’s averaging just under 300 rush yards per game, which is about 90 more than it averaged the previous seven games and 60 more than the top run team NDSU faced. So people are wondering if you faced a similar crew and style. It’s not a tough question.

Like any fans facing a really good team, MSU fans are looking for something that will give them hope.
The only logical comparisons to make would be against common opponents and you wont like the results of those comparisons. It's not to tough to figure out. But carry on if you like with the "they've never seen ........" As I've already stated I hope both teams play to their ability and let the best team win and neither teams players have any injuries.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm

The only logical comparisons to make would be against common opponents and you wont like the results of those comparisons. It's not to tough to figure out. But carry on if you like with the "they've never seen ........" As I've already stated I hope both teams play to their ability and let the best team win and neither teams players have any injuries.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Not sure why the double post. Posting from my phone.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm

I think Catatac was asking an honest question (genuinely not engaging in smack talk). The first answer seemed to be in good faith, just not as relevant as it could have been. From there, the thread really derailed.

Let me try for myself - Honest question, have you guys seen some really hard hitting RBs like Ifanse? Who? How did you feel the Bison handled them (yes, I know you have won all your games, so you beat the teams, but did they give you any trouble)? Same questions for Andersen as a big speedy QB, and Jonsen from a speed perspective.

I think we have seen guys like Jabril, but maybe they aren't quite at that level (?). I haven't watched quite enough film to tell a difference between him and some of the more talented LBs we've faced. Some teams have had relative success containing Andersen with guys like that, but still 13 TDs from 40+ yards this season gives you a sense of his ability to burn defenses.

None of this is to say, "you're going to see something you've never seen before". It's a question. Have you seen guys you would compare to these?

Edit: Specifically, I mean this year or last year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:47 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
I think Catatac was asking an honest question (genuinely not engaging in smack talk). The first answer seemed to be in good faith, just not as relevant as it could have been. From there, the thread really derailed.

Let me try for myself - Honest question, have you guys seen some really hard hitting RBs like Ifanse? Who? How did you feel the Bison handled them (yes, I know you have won all your games, so you beat the teams, but did they give you any trouble)? Same questions for Andersen as a big speedy QB, and Jonsen from a speed perspective.

I think we have seen guys like Jabril, but maybe they aren't quite at that level (?). I haven't watched quite enough film to tell a difference between him and some of the more talented LBs we've faced. Some teams have had relative success containing Andersen with guys like that, but still 13 TDs from 40+ yards this season gives you a sense of his ability to burn defenses.

None of this is to say, "you're going to see something you've never seen before". It's a question. Have you seen guys you would compare to these?

Edit: Specifically, I mean this year or last year.
Right, that is all I was asking. Has NDSU faced a team this year that had a player at a skill position that is as fast as TA or TJ? Also have they seen a RB that Pounds and claws for yards as much as Ifanse. Lastly, OL. From what I'm seeing they're probably faced one OL that's probably better than MSU, maybe two.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Ok. I'll try again.
2016 Iowa Bison won 23-21 statically wasnt even close.
2017 EWU Bison won on the road 40-13 (common opponent) you lost 31-19
2017 SDSU BISON lost by 10 at home (only lost of the year) also common opponent you lost by 4 at home
2018 Cal Poly Bison won 49-3 @Home (common opponent) you won @home 49-42
2018 Western Illinois Bison win on the road 34-7 (common opponent) you beat them at home 26-23

You can come to your own conclusions.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Well that's not answering the question, again.

I guarantee you haven't seen a QB like Troy Andersen. That doesn't mean he is the best QB you've ever faced, it doesn't mean he's some unstoppable juggernaut. It just means he is an extremely unique QB and I don't think many teams in the country at the FBS or FCS level have a style of offense like we have. Every opposing coach interview I've listened to says about the same thing. If you can find me an example of a team that has a QB situation and offense like ours, I'll wait.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast