NDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

NDSU

Post by 4thecats » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Obviously their resume speaks for itself, and we are David and they are Goliath.
Who is NDSU? strengths? Weaknesses? Any areas the Cats can exploit? We are the underdog, what do the Cats need to do to take down the Bison?

Cats92
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: NDSU

Post by Cats92 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm

I know they haven’t played the toughest schedule this season. SDSU is obviously very talented, but they only beat them by 7. Our game against them earlier this season was a completely different team playing that day. Most of their games were played against sub .500 teams. I don’t know what to expect next weekend, other than the Cats to compete at a high level for the entire game.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm
I know they haven’t played the toughest schedule this season. SDSU is obviously very talented, but they only beat them by 7. Our game against them earlier this season was a completely different team playing that day. Most of their games were played against sub .500 teams. I don’t know what to expect next weekend, other than the Cats to compete at a high level for the entire game.
They only beat SDSU by 4. I think we could have played SDSU tougher if we would have seen them later in the year. We are definitely an underdog but I think we can come out and surprise people by making it a game.

Cats92
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cats92 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm
Cats92 wrote:
They only beat SDSU by 4. I think we could have played SDSU tougher if we would have seen them later in the year. We are definitely an underdog but I think we can come out and surprise people by making it a game.
You are correct, sometimes my math skills are sub par. I totally agree on your point though. At this point in this season, nothing surprises me anymore.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 pm

I expect a game very similar to that one on December 4, 1976. If our long snapper can get his head back on straight in a weeks time I look for Bailey to make a very real impact Saturday. Here's hoping our techno geeks are studying flight tendencies in that dome stadium this week because I expect the special teams to have a big impact again this week.

The last game MSU played them in the playoffs our linemen were physically manhandled and I just don't see that happening this year but the procedure penalties can't happen again this week. They have to clean that crap up and again, our lack of discipline at times needs addressed again this week.

Our kids just need to go out and play football like everybody knows they're going to do. Let them see an awful lot of Infanse. Our version of Barry Sanders...

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Cats92 wrote:
NDSU strength of schedule was 142 per Sagarin. MSUs was 151. But nobody other than SDSU even came within 2 scores.

I expect the Cats to play hard, and if they have indeed turned some sort of corner, to keep it within one score. If it’s a blowout (more than 2 scores), it means the Cats are still a ways away...

BisonCardinal
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonCardinal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Didn't lock into the MSU/UIW yesterday, like I probably should have. Was flipping amongst the three playoff games. Does Troy Andersen play any defense anymore?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:21 pm

BisonCardinal wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm
Didn't lock into the MSU/UIW yesterday, like I probably should have. Was flipping amongst the three playoff games. Does Troy Andersen play any defense anymore?
Not since the Wagner game, when his right hand was wrapped up due to a mid season injury.
since the #2 qb went down with a broken foot the coaches have held him for offense and tried to protect him a little more.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

CatsNoMatterWhat

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Cats92 wrote:
The CATS have come so far this season...it really is remarkable. I think NDSU will win this one...but I've been saying since yesterday we are NOT the team they wanted to roll into town Saturday. There are some nerves in Fargo right now; guaranteed.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:43 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm
Cats92 wrote:
The CATS have come so far this season...it really is remarkable. I think NDSU will win this one...but I've been saying since yesterday we are NOT the team they wanted to roll into town Saturday. There are some nerves in Fargo right now; guaranteed.
I doubt that... They are a very confident bunch.

CatsNoMatterWhat

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:44 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:48 pm
Cats92 wrote:
NDSU strength of schedule was 142 per Sagarin. MSUs was 151. But nobody other than SDSU even came within 2 scores.

I expect the Cats to play hard, and if they have indeed turned some sort of corner, to keep it within one score. If it’s a blowout (more than 2 scores), it means the Cats are still a ways away...
I'm not sure if we lose by 2 scores it means we're a ways away...I think it just means we aren't ready to go undefeated and get the #1 seed. This team is young. Troy has come SO FAR as a QB...he's now straight up dangerous...but our offense remains largely one dimensional which puts a lot of pressure on big plays and defense. Our D is great and getting better.

I think around week 4 of this season we could safely say we were a ways away, however, we've closed the gap significantly. Somebody posted on a different thread that we'll be preseason top 10...I won't go that far...but we'll be inside of the top 20 to start. I think that we can confidently say NDSU DOES NOT want to play us Saturday...to me that is a huge testament to how this team has come together and is playing.

Fact is...we may lose by 17...::shrug::...I don't think that is a signal that we have a marathon left to run. I could be wrong--it happens more than I'd like to admit--but this is how I see things.

CatsNoMatterWhat

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:45 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:43 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm
Cats92 wrote:
I doubt that... They are a very confident bunch.
And rightfully so...but our D generates a lot of turnovers and Troy has an uncanny way of generating a drive when it matters. Teams like us are scary to front runners.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:56 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:44 pm
onceacat wrote:
Cats92 wrote:

I'm not sure if we lose by 2 scores it means we're a ways away...I think it just means we aren't ready to go undefeated and get the #1 seed. This team is young. Troy has come SO FAR as a QB...he's now straight up dangerous...but our offense remains largely one dimensional which puts a lot of pressure on big plays and defense. Our D is great and getting better.

I think around week 4 of this season we could safely say we were a ways away, however, we've closed the gap significantly. Somebody posted on a different thread that we'll be preseason top 10...I won't go that far...but we'll be inside of the top 20 to start. I think that we can confidently say NDSU DOES NOT want to play us Saturday...to me that is a huge testament to how this team has come together and is playing.

Fact is...we may lose by 17...::shrug::...I don't think that is a signal that we have a marathon left to run. I could be wrong--it happens more than I'd like to admit--but this is how I see things.
I completely agree, this game to me isn't even a measuring stick. It's a mismatch in many ways, and if we're competitive with them for any stretch, to me it means we're pretty close. Not only are they defending national champions basically x7, with 1 loss thrown in, but they start 18 seniors or some crazy thing, with 25 on the roster (think those are the numbers but i could be off a little). This team's time is coming as our freshmen and sophomores grow up the next year or 2. Barring a rash of injuries, and with our schedule, this could be a top 10 team next year by the end. If we show that we're able to punch at all with these guys, no matter the final margin, it shows we've ascended higher than we might even think.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:08 pm

4thecats wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 pm
Obviously their resume speaks for itself, and we are David and they are Goliath.
Who is NDSU? strengths? Weaknesses? Any areas the Cats can exploit? We are the underdog, what do the Cats need to do to take down the Bison?
In order for the Cats to win they need to win the TO battle by at least 2. They need to play perfect and catch some breaks along the way. It will be difficult, but nothing is impossible! Things just need to go the Cats way on Saturday...I think NDSU could compete in the Big 12 or Big 10 and be a 7-5, 6-6 team in those conferences. That is how good these guys are.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:23 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BizonProud
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BizonProud » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cats92 wrote:

As a Bison fan I can promise you that we want to play you. I can honestly say we are just so thankful that you dont have a buyout clause for this game too. 😂🤣😂🤣

😉 2013

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:46 pm

BizonProud wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cats92 wrote:

As a Bison fan I can promise you that we want to play you. I can honestly say we are just so thankful that you dont have a buyout clause for this game too. 😂🤣😂🤣

😉 2013
This must be the one big ass hat bison fan trolling on this board. All the NDSU people I know are really good people. [-X

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:50 pm

BisonCardinal wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm
TA registered 2 tackles and maybe a couple of hurries against EWU

Cats92
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cats92 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm

BizonProud wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cats92 wrote:

😉 2013
Hey Billy, why doesn’t NDSU just go to the CFP playoff? Play real teams like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or ND? Why stop at MVC? You could easily compete against SEC teams no problem. Screw it, I hear the NFC North is looking for someone to replace the Lions. NDSU is so good I bet they would make Aaron Rodgers retire at halftime. Drew Brees look like Nathan Peterman in the NFC Championship. Why stop at football? I bet NDSU could beat the Red Sox, Warriors, Capitals, and just to show the world that you are the best football team of all time, your OL could probably dethrone Simone Biles in gymnastics.

BizonProud
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BizonProud » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm
BizonProud wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cats92 wrote:

😉 2013
Hey Billy, why doesn’t NDSU just go to the CFP playoff? Play real teams like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or ND? Why stop at MVC? You could easily compete against SEC teams no problem. Screw it, I hear the NFC North is looking for someone to replace the Lions. NDSU is so good I bet they would make Aaron Rodgers retire at halftime. Drew Brees look like Nathan Peterman in the NFC Championship. Why stop at football? I bet NDSU could beat the Red Sox, Warriors, Capitals, and just to show the world that you are the best football team of all time, your OL could probably dethrone Simone Biles in gymnastics.

Hmmmm🤔🤔🤔 you might be right, I like your way of thinking! 😉