Will Bobby get his 5 wins this season?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Will Bobby get his 5 wins this season?

Post by Placidlakegriz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 pm
Placidlakegriz wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:39 pm
Right now I can see the GRIZ going undefeated in conference play.
Put down the bong. Clearly, they will win more than 5 games. Undefeated in conference? Not a chance. Griz haven’t been a good road team for years, you will likely get beat at UC Davis and who knows if you’ll drop another one unexpectedly, and I think if Cat/Griz was tomorrow, you’d like your odds there, but I think we’ll be a much tougher team by then and I still like the way we match up against your team.
If coach can continue to move this very young team forward it's possible. And if they leave UC Davis with a win then it's highly probable they go undefeated in conference play. We all know couch wont lose to the bobcats.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 am

The teams you have played have a combined record of 10-15

You're school just got fined one million dollars, you got bigger problems :oops:

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 am

Placidlakegriz wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
Put down the bong. Clearly, they will win more than 5 games. Undefeated in conference? Not a chance. Griz haven’t been a good road team for years, you will likely get beat at UC Davis and who knows if you’ll drop another one unexpectedly, and I think if Cat/Griz was tomorrow, you’d like your odds there, but I think we’ll be a much tougher team by then and I still like the way we match up against your team.
If coach can continue to move this very young team forward it's possible. And if they leave UC Davis with a win then it's highly probable they go undefeated in conference play. We all know couch wont lose to the bobcats.
I'm pretty sure Coach Choate won't lose to a couch. :wink:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 am

autocat wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 am

You're school just got fined one million dollars, you got bigger problems :oops:
It should be noted that the million dollar fine was for not reporting violence on campus. Unbelievable.

Maybe the original poster was asking if Hauck would get five wins in the court room this year? I would give them at least one with Calhoun so far.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Placidlakegriz wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:
I'm down if you want to make a wager on whether the griz go undefeated in conference. We all know GoScats doesn't pay his bets, but you seem like a more honorable guy. Bottle of whiskey/bourbon, or whatever else you want.

GO CATS GO!!!

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:03 pm

UC Davis is at home, and is the only game left that we're in any real danger of dropping.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 am
autocat wrote:

It should be noted that the million dollar fine was for not reporting violence on campus. Unbelievable.

Maybe the original poster was asking if Hauck would get five wins in the court room this year? I would give them at least one with Calhoun so far.
And notice the says the crimes go from alcohol violations to RAPES... Yep, I want my Nieces going to that place...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:03 pm
UC Davis is at home, and is the only game left that we're in any real danger of dropping.
You guys sure gain a lot of confidence after beating mediocre teams! You have several tough games left - trust me.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
You guys sure gain a lot of confidence after beating mediocre teams! You have several tough games left - trust me.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And you guys can bump this and get as much enjoyment as I did from seeing the OP today. :)

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:46 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 am
autocat wrote:

And notice the says the crimes go from alcohol violations to RAPES... Yep, I want my Nieces going to that place...
Both my daughters are there now and love it.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm

I’m always shocked at how high and mighty some cats fans get about crime and legal issues with the Griz. Your team was in sports illustrated for murder and drugs, and that wasn’t that long ago. Seriously, how can you talk any ****** after that? Also it is very very very interesting how DUIs like Yates (this year) and Lasane (last year) go unreported entirely and they don’t end up in arrest records or jail rosters, and a 1 game suspension is the punishment? Straaaaaaange.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:12 pm
I’m always shocked at how high and mighty some cats fans get about crime and legal issues with the Griz. Your team was in sports illustrated for murder and drugs, and that wasn’t that long ago. Seriously, how can you talk any ****** after that? Also it is very very very interesting how DUIs like Yates (this year) and Lasane (last year) go unreported entirely and they don’t end up in arrest records or jail rosters, and a 1 game suspension is the punishment? Straaaaaaange.
Lasane was suspended for 1 game, eh? Not in the arrest record, eh?
Interesting info, thanks so much.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Typical. Deflect any and all blame on yourself (or “your” institution), bring up someone else’s problem (from over a decade ago, btw), all the while having your “facts” wrong. Sounds about right for a Griz fan with his head so far in the sand he’s seeing spring in Australia.

The key point with MSU’s problems, and maybe you should write this down, is that MSU owned the problem, let go of the people who were involved, and took many, many steps to change the culture that led to those problems occurring in the first place. UM, on the other hand, blames everyone else for their problems, REHIRES the coach who was in charge during the worst of those times, and has not done jack diddly squat to change anything about the toxic culture at that campus or city at large. I’m embarrassed to be an alum of that school. I will never contribute another dime to that university, and I would never send any female I care about anywhere near Missoula.

GO CATS GO!!!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:18 am

91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Nice twist job. Lasane had back to back incidents (both arrests) that led to his 4 games. Please show me where the Yates dui is public knowledge. Most cats fans didn’t even know he was suspended or why. Why no public record? Same with Lasane. Show me the details.

Skyline broke the story on Lasane months after his dui and had to obtain court documents to do so. There was nothing public about it until they did the detective work. That is very very strange. Same with Yates dui, like it’s swept under the rug. Also very strange. Both schools have their player issues. My point was those on here acting high and mighty (plenty of you) have no room to talk ******.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Typical. Deflect any and all blame on yourself (or “your” institution), bring up someone else’s problem (from over a decade ago, btw), all the while having your “facts” wrong. Sounds about right for a Griz fan with his head so far in the sand he’s seeing spring in Australia.

The key point with MSU’s problems, and maybe you should write this down, is that MSU owned the problem, let go of the people who were involved, and took many, many steps to change the culture that led to those problems occurring in the first place. UM, on the other hand, blames everyone else for their problems, REHIRES the coach who was in charge during the worst of those times, and has not done jack diddly squat to change anything about the toxic culture at that campus or city at large. I’m embarrassed to be an alum of that school. I will never contribute another dime to that university, and I would never send any female I care about anywhere near Missoula.
Holy ******, trigger much? You must not remember the head coach and athletic director getting fired. Or the self imposed loss of 4 scholarships for 4 years over a recruit eating a hot dog at a tailgate. If you’re worried about sending anyone you know near Missoula, take a dive into the crime and rape stats at MSU. Here’s a clue, they’re the same or worse.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 am

Well that timing sure is interesting:
UM Fined Nearly $1 million
https://missoulian.com/news/local/unive ... ddc00.html

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:18 am
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Nice twist job. Lasane had back to back incidents (both arrests) that led to his 4 games. Please show me where the Yates dui is public knowledge. Most cats fans didn’t even know he was suspended or why. Why no public record? Same with Lasane. Show me the details.

Skyline broke the story on Lasane months after his dui and had to obtain court documents to do so. There was nothing public about it until they did the detective work. That is very very strange. Same with Yates dui, like it’s swept under the rug. Also very strange. Both schools have their player issues. My point was those on here acting high and mighty (plenty of you) have no room to talk ******.
Look, I'm not trying to excuse drinking and driving, but it's not exactly rape.

I am embarrassed when the sports teams representing our school are associated with serious drug charges. I am appalled to hear that ex players ended up being murderers, and I don't want to have anything to do with them and I DO want them to see justice.

Are you not embarrassed at all with the way that the whole town of Missoula turned on the victims of rape and shielded one of the rapists (tried to shield the other) from justice so that he could COME BACK to play for the school?

Are you not embarrassed that your school chose to win at all costs by hiring back the same coach who established the culture both in the team and in the city of Missoula which enabled all of that to happen?

From the outside, it seems like griz fans genuinely don't care if the charges were true. The stakes were too high for their FCS football team.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Holy ******, trigger much? You must not remember the head coach and athletic director getting fired. Or the self imposed loss of 4 scholarships for 4 years over a recruit eating a hot dog at a tailgate. If you’re worried about sending anyone you know near Missoula, take a dive into the crime and rape stats at MSU. Here’s a clue, they’re the same or worse.
More #fakeNews. The UM punishment was due to alot more than a hot dog. Nice twist job.

Rather than admit there are issues at UM, you deflect to the 2006 case where MSU was deeply embarrassed over 2 former players becoming drug dealers, and then murderers. Nice twist job.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:38 am

Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:47 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:23 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And you guys can bump this and get as much enjoyment as I did from seeing the OP today. :)
OP?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am

The Butcher wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 am
Well that timing sure is interesting:
UM Fined Nearly $1 million
https://missoulian.com/news/local/unive ... ddc00.html
"UM will appeal the dollar amount even though it concurs with the findings"

WOW.